Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-08-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
FESTEC

Default LS Lowering question

O.k I am looking at lowering the Zetec and will be looking at the Eibach's as I do a lot of long driving.

My question is if the XR5 is lower than the Zetec by about about 10-15mm from standard, that If I brought the eibach's for the XR5 and not the LS Zetec then does this mean that I will lower the car by about the 45mm mark, or will these not fit or work with LS struts???

http://www.european-parts.net/catalo...roducts_id=353

The reason I ask is that I would like the car to sit about 45mm lower all round or even just abit lower but still retain some of the comfort that I have now.

Any ideas if this would work?????

FESTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
BlackLS

A thought I had is that the XR5 anti roll bars have a higher tension rate and the XR5 front may be slightly heavier than the 2.0. Which is why there is a different rate of spring?

I don't have Eibachs, got Kings, thats 35mm lower that standard (at a guess), with the standard shocks. Big bumps and potholes bottom out the suspension and there is a lot of rebound and it takes a while to settle. Recommended to get shorter shocks.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post