Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #841
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Hi guys, interested on thoughts on this product?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20365443...frcectupt=true
Repco have it for $27.00 at the moment.
Old 20-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #842
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

sorry, talking without ever using that ceramic spray I'm just no fan of autoglym.
I tried a number of their lines in the past like their super resin polish meh, there is plenty of better choices.
Go onto waxit website for one, NV CarPro Reload brands.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2021, 08:20 PM   #843
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
sorry, talking without ever using that ceramic spray I'm just no fan of autoglym.
I tried a number of their lines in the past like their super resin polish meh, there is plenty of better choices.
Go onto waxit website for one, NV CarPro Reload brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
Hi guys, interested on thoughts on this product?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20365443...frcectupt=true
Repco have it for $27.00 at the moment.
I have not used Autoglym Rapid Ceramic Spray but as FTE noted, there are better brands on the market for the same or less money. I moved away from Autoglym after I had a rough run with Super Risen Polish and the sling crazy Tire Gel. Their glass cleaner was good though.

The way I interpret the "Rapid" part of Rapid Ceramic Spray is that this is more of a quick detailer with some ceramic protection included. As such, I feel like similar products like CarPro EliXir and P&S Bead Maker would be better choices, and I can vouch for both in gloss, protection and ease of use.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ick-detailer-1
https://www.detailstore.com.au/colle...31740144975927

Also worth a look would be NV Boost or Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-boost-nova-qd
https://www.meguiars.com.au/product/...amic-detailer/
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2021, 08:25 PM   #844
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford12 View Post
Carpro hydro 2.
I use this all the time, pretty much when ever I wash the car, seems to give good gloss and lasts a while.
But can anyone tell me what protection does this product give ?
Is it a high quality protection or just for looks ?
Thanks again for any feedback
I have been using it for approx 5 years now.
My description of the product would be that it gives a ceramic 'like' finish and the protection it offers would be between that and a wax.

For maximum protection this product would be best used over the top of a professionally applied ceramic or equivalent type product as a topper.

Having said that, it is the only product I use on my cars and I have had no other layers applied before use.

Where this product shines is its ease of application.
I believe it to be the best product to use, taking into account the time and ease of application. I can pretty much apply the product with a trigger bottle in one hand and a pressure washer in the other, spraying & hosing one panel at a time.

The other plus is that there is no contact on the surface during application. A mug like me might not have the paint clean and introduce swirls and scratches if applying a product that needs to be buffed on / off.

There are many brands now which offer a similar version of this product, but taking into account the above it is hard to beat as a great all rounder.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 20-10-2021, 08:47 PM   #845
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I have been using it for approx 5 years now.
My description of the product would be that it gives a ceramic 'like' finish and the protection it offers would be between that and a wax.

For maximum protection this product would be best used over the top of a professionally applied ceramic or equivalent type product as a topper.

Having said that, it is the only product I use on my cars and I have had no other layers applied before use.

Where this product shines is its ease of application.
I believe it to be the best product to use, taking into account the time and ease of application. I can pretty much apply the product with a trigger bottle in one hand and a pressure washer in the other, spraying & hosing one panel at a time.

The other plus is that there is no contact on the surface during application. A mug like me might not have the paint clean and introduce swirls and scratches if applying a product that needs to be buffed on / off.

There are many brands now which offer a similar version of this product, but taking into account the above it is hard to beat as a great all rounder.
Just adding a few points to your great post -

- Durability of Hydr02 is said to be up to 6 months. Your milage will vary though. For example, on a car parked outside for all the time, I have found it doesn't even approach 6 months.

-Hydr02 can be bought as a concentrate in 50ml, 100ml and 500ml sizes. Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 6-10 parts water. Use distilled water.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...t-50-100-500ml

- You can also buy this product pre-diluted, Hydro02 Lite.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ydrolite-1l-4l

- I would recommend mixing up small batches of this product to keep it fresh. There has been some suggestion Hydr02 can become tricky if let sit for too long mixed up.

- Don't over apply it. Hydr02 can cause a build up and display patchy marks if used too frequently.

I use Hydr02 in three ways. Firstly, I use this to easily coat both the face and barrel of wheels with protection and allow for easier drying.

Secondly, I will also use it as a standalone protectant on customer cars that have no form of paint protection. Generally when I have a car to detail, I'm just washing and cleaning it. Using Hydr02 is a quick and easy to boost the gloss of paint and add some protection in one step. It then also makes it easier to dry the car after the wash.

As a standalone, it really adds a lot of noticeable gloss -

And thirdly, I use Hydr02 to protect and shine my steel tray on my Ranger.

To me, it doesn't completely replace a traditional wax, sealant or ceramic coating, but it's ease of use means it definitely has a place.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #846
prydey
Rob

I used up my nanolicous wash on the weekend. I generally like to use the same products for extended periods but given I had been using autoglym up until the recent foray in to bowdens own products, I figured I'm in a sort of transition phase, which is just an excuse to try some different products I guess.

Should I stick with the nanolicous or try something else. Preferably available from local stores but not critical. Given I'm all out and I only got one car done, something local would be better at least this time. For future, I can order in advance.

Haven't noticed anything to warrant me changing. Foams up well and cleans. Pollen spots still need a bit more elbow grease but that would probably be the same with all car washes.

Same again or change... Let the forum decide
Old 25-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #847
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Just adding a few points to your great post -

- Durability of Hydr02 is said to be up to 6 months. Your milage will vary though. For example, on a car parked outside for all the time, I have found it doesn't even approach 6 months.

-Hydr02 can be bought as a concentrate in 50ml, 100ml and 500ml sizes. Dilute 1 part HydrO2 to 6-10 parts water. Use distilled water.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...t-50-100-500ml

- You can also buy this product pre-diluted, Hydro02 Lite.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...ydrolite-1l-4l

- I would recommend mixing up small batches of this product to keep it fresh. There has been some suggestion Hydr02 can become tricky if let sit for too long mixed up.

- Don't over apply it. Hydr02 can cause a build up and display patchy marks if used too frequently.

I use Hydr02 in three ways. Firstly, I use this to easily coat both the face and barrel of wheels with protection and allow for easier drying.

Secondly, I will also use it as a standalone protectant on customer cars that have no form of paint protection. Generally when I have a car to detail, I'm just washing and cleaning it. Using Hydr02 is a quick and easy to boost the gloss of paint and add some protection in one step. It then also makes it easier to dry the car after the wash.

As a standalone, it really adds a lot of noticeable gloss -

And thirdly, I use Hydr02 to protect and shine my steel tray on my Ranger.

To me, it doesn't completely replace a traditional wax, sealant or ceramic coating, but it's ease of use means it definitely has a place.
You ever thought about starting up a social media detailing review and advice channel? I reckon it could be a real earner

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #848
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
I used up my nanolicous wash on the weekend. I generally like to use the same products for extended periods but given I had been using autoglym up until the recent foray in to bowdens own products, I figured I'm in a sort of transition phase, which is just an excuse to try some different products I guess.

Should I stick with the nanolicous or try something else. Preferably available from local stores but not critical. Given I'm all out and I only got one car done, something local would be better at least this time. For future, I can order in advance.

Haven't noticed anything to warrant me changing. Foams up well and cleans. Pollen spots still need a bit more elbow grease but that would probably be the same with all car washes.

Same again or change... Let the forum decide
I think you are on the right track with Bowdens. I guess if you wanted to try something different, have a look at Snow Job.
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/produc...erior/snow-job

In terms of products available at a store, other than Bowdens, have a look at Meguiars Gold Class, NXT or Shampoo Plus from their Detailer Range. I have not used Shampoo Plus, however the other two have a very gloopy consistency that makes them a bit harder to meter out. Other than that, both a excellent soaps. Meguiar's aren't an especially sexy brand in the detailing world, but their product range is made up of solid performers.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...Search=shampoo
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...earch=meguiars
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...Search=shampoo

Having said all that, and I have said this many times, the best soap in my opinion is NV Snow.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...iant=860709457

This stuff is more of a liquid compared to the Meg's soaps, meaning it is easily poured into a foam cannon or bucket. It's also exceptionally slick and smells nice too. I have also found it to be ok when used in the sun, it clings to the paint well and is fine for both bucket washing or foam cannons. I went from Gold Class to Snow and have not looked back.

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 06:19 PM   #849
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You ever thought about starting up a social media detailing review and advice channel? I reckon it could be a real earner
I have thought about it many times however I am extremely self conscious and shy, something that has held me back my whole life. I'm getting better at this as I get older but I have a long way to go.

I feel comfortable and confident posting here and so thoroughly enjoy helping out and answering questions.

Thanks for the comment though, it feels good to hear some positive reinforcement from time to time.
Mustang GT

8 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #850
prydey
Rob

DFB - as usual a great response above to my question.

I have heaps of snow job left. Didn't realise you could use that for hand washing as well. I thought the stuff you use with a snow cannon was specifically formulated for that.

Having said that, I'm not overly impressed with the snow job product. I mix it triple strength (300ml in a1L bottle) to get it to a consistency on the car I'm happy with, and while it foams up good and looks impressive and sticks on the car really well for the 5 minutes or so that I leave it, I don't really notice a big difference before and after. Maybe that's just the nature of snow cannons?? I'm not after a 1 step wash but just thought it would be more effective.

If I can use the same product in the cannon and the bucket then I can justify spending a bit more on a product as I'm not having to buy 2 products.

If you recommend NV snow, then that's a pretty big endorsement if you ask me so might give that a go. So just to clarify, this can be used in both the gun and bucket?
Old 25-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #851
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
DFB - as usual a great response above to my question.

I have heaps of snow job left. Didn't realise you could use that for hand washing as well. I thought the stuff you use with a snow cannon was specifically formulated for that.

If I can use the same product in the cannon and the bucket then I can justify spending a bit more on a product as I'm not having to buy 2 products.

If you recommend NV snow, then that's a pretty big endorsement if you ask me so might give that a go. So just to clarify, this can be used in both the gun and bucket?
Some soaps are specific to foam cannons and some are specific to bucket washing. Not all are that specific though.

I'm not sure why I stopped using Snow Job, I guess I found other soaps that do the same for similar or less money.

Snow can most certainly used for bucket washing and/or foaming.

From the NV website -
"50ml per 10L in a bucket wash (Can be reduced, but this is recommended for the great lubrication)

1:10 in a foam wash (Can be increased for more foam and cleaning power)"

Be sure to get Snow and not Snow+.

Snow -
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...h-neutral-wash

Snow+ -
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...w&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Snow is a pH neutral soap for regular washing.

Snow+ is a higher pH soap designed for heavy duty cleaning or for when you want to strip waxes and sealants.

I have both, of course , but Snow is what you need.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 08:23 PM   #852
prydey
Rob

Can't just buy one product. Will have to see what else I can add to the basket. Make the postage worthwhile.
Old 25-10-2021, 08:31 PM   #853
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Can't just buy one product. Will have to see what else I can add to the basket. Make the postage worthwhile.
Looks like I have taught you well!
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #854
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Looks like I have taught you well!
Haha. Always had short arms and long pockets so when it comes to spending money...

I never got around to buying the waterless wash for my bike that I was asking about a few pages back. I notice ech20 was one of the recommendations (but not your #1 choice). Maybe I'll grab a bottle of that.
Old 25-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #855
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Haha. Always had short arms and long pockets so when it comes to spending money...

I never got around to buying the waterless wash for my bike that I was asking about a few pages back. I notice ech20 was one of the recommendations (but not your #1 choice). Maybe I'll grab a bottle of that.
I have not used Ech20 but I do know of people who love it. You could always add some towels or applicators to order too, can never have too many!
Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 09:52 PM   #856
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Continuing the soap theme, here are my top three. But first, some backstory to how I ended up where I am at.

When I first started detailing as a teen in the early 2000's, I think my parents bought me some blue Armor All Car Wash. It certainly did the job.

As I got more infected by the disease, I started to use Meguiar's NXT, and later Gold Class. Both were, and still are great products but as I said earlier, the thick consistency of these two soaps made metering them out cleanly and efficiently difficult.

During this period, I would also use Meguiar's Wash and Wax on my Ranger as a way to keep the protection up as this car spent time in all weather conditions. I remember this product being very slick and having nice thick suds.

I was also using Bowden's Snow Job here and there, mainly in my wheel bucket.

Recently I trialed Adam's Car Shampoo. While I liked how it performed in sunny conditions, this product just didn't wow me. Like the Meg's soaps, Adam's is very thick and hard to dispense. And the price it's sold at here in Australia just doesn't add up, especially with better products on the market.

Back in 2008, with my XR6 on the way, I invested some new detailing gear. I bought some Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner in the belief that this was the "good" stuff. This is by far the worst detailing product I have ever bought. No lubrication. No suds. No repeat buying.

So now onto where I have landed with soap.

1. As mentioned earlier, NV Snow is my favorite soap. It's high level of lubrication, scent, pH neutral formula and affordability for a premium product are it's hallmarks. It foams exceptionally and pours easily. I also like how thick it comes out of the cannon, how it holds on the car, can be used in the sun and it rinses from the car easily.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...h-neutral-wash

2. CarPro Reset, while expensive, is always a pleasure to use. The scent is superb and like Snow, it's liquid consistency makes it easy to pour. In my opinion, Reset is probably one the slickest soaps on the market, more so than Snow. While CarPro don't necessarily market Reset as a foaming soap, it does so exceptionally. Reset is pH neutral.
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...s/carpro-reset

3. Koch Chemie GSF is the soap of the moment. It's delicious scent makes it worth the price alone. GSF doesn't quite have the foam quality of NV Snow and I have found the need to use WAY more of it in a foam cannon the Koch Chemie advises. I find GSF applies really thickly and then starts to become runny after a minute or so, in theory taking contaminants with it as it drips off the car. GSF is pH neutral and I love how the simple label design looks in my cabinet!
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...-ph-neutral-1l

And one more because I think it's necessary, NV Snow+. This is a higher pH soap used for stripping old waxes and sealants or for when something stronger is needed. Snow+ has a chemical smell as apposed to a pleasant scent of the regular Snow.
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...B&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 09:53 PM   #857
prydey
Rob

$95 later and still forgot the waterless wash

NV snow 1L
Carpro clarify glass cleaner 1L
Tyre dressing applicator
Aquatouch microfibre glass cloth
Carpro dilute spray bottle

Sure adds up quick.

Daughters 21st tomorrow so hope she likes car cleaning products
Old 25-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #858
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
$95 later and still forgot the waterless wash

NV snow 1L
Carpro clarify glass cleaner 1L
Tyre dressing applicator
Aquatouch microfibre glass cloth
Carpro dilute spray bottle

Sure adds up quick.

Daughters 21st tomorrow so hope she likes car cleaning products
Well done, all great choices.
Mustang GT

Old 25-10-2021, 09:59 PM   #859
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Well done, all great choices.
I don't think my wife will use those words
Old 25-10-2021, 10:40 PM   #860
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

ok. time for me to learn..................

currently all i have for car washing ... is a bucket & some thick 'foam' pads [think kmart or something similar]. last time i used the 'car wash' i was not impressed with how the car appeared the next day. so ... what's the 'basic's' that i need to properly clean the two cars here? [have pressure washer but that's a bit harsh on the paint]. they both live outside. inside i use Meguiar's.

be 'gentle with me'

mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2021, 11:08 PM   #861
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post

currently all i have for car washing ... is a bucket & some thick 'foam' pads [think kmart or something similar]. last time i used the 'car wash' i was not impressed with how the car appeared the next day. so ... what's the 'basic's' that i need to properly clean the two cars here? [have pressure washer but that's a bit harsh on the paint]. they both live outside. inside i use Meguiar's.

be 'gentle with me'

Going to keep it simple for you, all of these you can get at your local Big Box store. I have given you a couple of options per category.

Wheel Cleaner (if needed) -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/new-wheely-clean
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...heel%20cleaner (This one will clean tyres too)

Soap -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/nanolicious-wash or
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...eguiars%20gold

Wash Mitt -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/shagtastic-wash-pad
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...eguiars%20wash

Use this every 2 months after a wash. This will easily provide protection without much effort. Simply wash the car, while it's still wet spray a few squirts onto a panel at a time, rinse. Protection done! -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/wet-dreams

Drying Towel -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/the-big-green-sucker

Drying aid / quick detailer. Use this while you dry the car by spraying a squirts per panel while the car is still wet, this adds extra gloss as you dry. These can double as glass cleaners too -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/boss-gloss
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...ars+last+touch

Tyre dressing -
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/tyre-sheen
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...0guys&start=10
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/all-sorts

I would also add a few towels into the mix -
https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...ars+microfibre
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 11:58 PM   #862
prydey
Rob

I use a separate bucket and brush for the wheels but I've never used a specific wheel cleaner solution. Just use the same as whatever I'm washing the car with. Is there any advantage to a wheel cleaner? I find them really poor value and my wheels never get that dirty.
Old 26-10-2021, 12:02 AM   #863
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I use a separate bucket and brush for the wheels but I've never used a specific wheel cleaner solution. Just use the same as whatever I'm washing the car with. Is there any advantage to a wheel cleaner? I find them really poor value and my wheels never get that dirty.
I never really use wheel cleaners on my own cars, mainly because I wash them so regularly that I don't need that extra cleaning power. I just use car soap.

For neglected wheels, a dedicated wheel cleaner is a worthwhile addition.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 08:39 AM   #864
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I never really use wheel cleaners on my own cars, mainly because I wash them so regularly that I don't need that extra cleaning power. I just use car soap.

For neglected wheels, a dedicated wheel cleaner is a worthwhile addition.
My favourite wheel cleaner is the brush from one of those plastic brush and shovel sets and saw the front brush part off about 20mm down from the top ...so its a flat piece of 20mm plastic with a handle then glue with a bit of Ados one of those little rectangular XLO sponges you get from the supermarket for cleaning in the kitchen , you can get thicker ones about 20mm thick (they last better) i find them just awsome to get right to the back of the rim and in behind the spokes , when they get ratty scrape it off and glue another one on i just chuck them in a vice overnight

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
PooDog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2021, 10:09 AM   #865
bangm001
Mopar! But Own F6's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post

be 'gentle with me'

HAHA Start from page 1 on this thread, get back to here and youll be a pro!! Mainly thanks to DFB but all others on here also!
4 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 10:15 AM   #866
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

prydey, like DFB mentions the key is re wheels how dirty do they get, brake dust etcetc....
A easy low cost way is have another spray bottle and pour some dishwashing detergent in.
Spray onto wheels,calipers leave to soak a little whilst your getting ready to wash.
Then with your dedicated wash mit or brush wash them down.
Being I also have a dreaded euro that pad dust is terrible I use NV Purge, this is a top wheel/caliper cleaner......
https://www.waxit.com.au/products/nv...-wheel-cleaner
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 05:15 PM   #867
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Going to keep it simple for you, all of these you can get at your local Big Box store. I have given you a couple of options per category.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/car-care...heel%20cleaner (This one will clean tyres too)

Soap -

Wash Mitt -

Use this every 2 months after a wash. This will easily provide protection without much effort. Simply wash the car, while it's still wet spray a few squirts onto a panel at a time, rinse. Protection done! -

Drying Towel -

Drying aid / quick detailer. Use this while you dry the car by spraying a squirts per panel while the car is still wet, this adds extra gloss as you dry. These can double as glass cleaners too -

Tyre dressing -

I wish we could edit posts beyond a certain time frame, so this will have to do.

As others have mentioned, in addition to my original post, having a separate bucket and wash mitt dedicated to wheels is essential. Brake dust, visible or otherwise, is extremely abrasive so you don't want to be crossing from wheels to paint with the same bucket and wash mitt.

Something like this black wash mitt makes it very obvious what its for and prevent accidental misuse.
https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-...-PAD/p/CC05851
Mustang GT

Old 26-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #868
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6

Soap -

Wash Mitt -

Drying Towel -

Tyre dressing -

I wish we could edit posts beyond a certain time frame, so this will have to do.

As others have mentioned, in addition to my original post, having a separate bucket and wash mitt dedicated to wheels is essential. Brake dust, visible or otherwise, is extremely abrasive so you don't want to be crossing from wheels to paint with the same bucket and wash mitt.

Something like this black wash mitt makes it very obvious what its for and prevent accidental misuse.
https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-...-PAD/p/CC05851

thank you very much for the help DFB much appreciated ............ now to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangm001
HAHA Start from page 1 on this thread, get back to here and youll be a pro!! Mainly thanks to DFB but all others on here also!
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #869
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would add Aerospace 303 Protectant to the list for the interior and rubbery bits.

Also if keeping to the same brand I think the Touchless Sealant should be ok as it is their version of the Carpro Hydro2, so is easier to get hold of at SuperCheap and others.

CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #870
ford12

Poor boys bird sh!t remover.
Been using this when needed and works well, can't get it anymore been sold out for ages.
Anyone know of an alternative ?
ford12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post