Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #1
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Unhappy State of origin HUMBLE PIE...

Now that i have had my large slice of humble pie...... well played BLUES.
Looks like i just have to wait for the third game.CMON QLD. :ticking:
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does'nt humble pie taste so nice...lol

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 09:06 AM   #3
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWK
Now that i have had my large slice of humble pie...... well played BLUES.
Looks like i just have to wait for the third game.CMON QLD. :ticking:
i think Johns will go down as the best.............ever. stand aside Lewis the real king is back :
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #4
Simmo
White Lightning

im not bitter about the match but i thought that ref was f*cking shocking for both sides.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb
im not bitter about the match but i thought that ref was f*cking shocking for both sides.
I'm not so sure you aren't, the game I saw was fairly free flowing with very few penalties against either side. Didn't see much video disection of any of the refs calls and can't recall anybody even mention the ref in the post match review. :
Old 16-06-2005, 11:02 AM   #6
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i giggled about johns coming back and felt sorry for him. Wow did i bite my words. He is a true legend.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #7
billyb35

Good game, though not the result I wanted/thought. Qld, just can't keep up to the free flowing, throw it around NSWelsmen.

Did anyone watch the build up to the game. What about NSW "legends"? In a totally non-homophobic way - Ian Roberts? How many origins did he play? Was it an attempt to woo the gay community of NSW to Rugby League? Oh god, scivvies, lattes and Anthony Callea....

Where's Jimmy Barnes when you need him? Or maybe a few Canterbury supporters... :
billyb35 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #8
hambo_12

I couldnt believe how on fire Johns was, only 9 games in two odd years, anyone would be a rust bucket, but he shone, a legend of the game!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #9
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Yes the ref was shocking, 3 grapple tackles missed, 4 or 5 forward passes missed. Letting the game flow doesn't make a good ref if he misses penalties just for the sake of it. John's did play good, but with the weight of possesion at the start of the second half he was able to relax and "let it flow". I thought he was on par with Kimmorly in the first half, but had (a small chunder) the chance to relax and not overplay the second half. I'm glad QLD was able to score a couple of trys in the second half despite a lack of possesion. The "No Try" at the start of the second half really took the wind out of their sails for a second, and at that level, it's all that it takes for the other side to capitalise. Roll on Lang Park!

P.S There will only ever be ONE KING, Wally Lewis! Andrew Johns comes close to his short game, line breaking and kicking but no-one has ever come close to the Kings long game (even Lockyer, who has the best long game going at the moment)....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #10
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Des] Roll on Lang Park!

[QUOTE]

yes roll on Lang Park. if we get an impartial ref (which i doubt) nsw will win by 20, due mainly to too many 40 minute players in the maroon camp. ask your self this: how many 2nd half points have the Qlders scored this series? :hihi:
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #11
NIGHTHAWK
starter motor

Default Johns the legend??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
i giggled about johns coming back and felt sorry for him. Wow did i bite my words. He is a true legend.
If andrew is such a legend why didnt he kick butt against the broncos.I will tell you why, because twelve other men pulled their weight,to make 1 man look good.This also goes for any team sport,do you honestly think,Steve waugh or Ricky pontings batting powers wins them their games.What are their strike bowlers doing ........ I am not taking the mickey out of you but for gods sake 12 other men did a hell of a lot so that the legend could take a bow.
NIGHTHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 04:08 PM   #12
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Exactly right Nighthawk....Blues kicked the maroooons butt this time round. Seems to happen at Telstra Stadium.
Because they all did their job !
The press here in Syd plaster Johns all over the papers, heck he looked efn great because his other team mates trampled their opposites ! less mistakes, had the momentum and with that most halfbacks look bloody great.
Why not put on the papers what a Great Team effort Blues ?! Smacked those pesky ugly wort infested Canetoads !

Oh I forgot to say "Nothing beats knocking off those cocky Qlder's" ah now for a Toohey's New.....lol.......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #13
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWK
If andrew is such a legend why didnt he kick butt against the broncos.I will tell you why, because twelve other men pulled their weight,to make 1 man look good.This also goes for any team sport,do you honestly think,Steve waugh or Ricky pontings batting powers wins them their games.What are their strike bowlers doing ........ I am not taking the mickey out of you but for gods sake 12 other men did a hell of a lot so that the legend could take a bow.
... and "King" (?!) Wally played breathtakingly well in ALL of his club games?
Old 16-06-2005, 07:40 PM   #14
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
... and "King" (?!) Wally played breathtakingly well in ALL of his club games?
Played better than he drove a bus!!! lol :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post