Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #1
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Default Doggie has to go. :(

I've been putting this off for as long as I can because it is seriously breaking our hearts here.

I have to give my dog away. :( :( :(

The house that we've moved into does not have a big enough back yard for him to run around in to get any exercise. If he gets out we're on a main road. It's not fair to keep him in such a small yard. He does get walked every day, but in the other yard he could run around as well.

I'd love for him to be close by but everyone I know already has a dog or they don't have enough room for him. He's too big or too strong for other people.

Anyone that's met him will vouch for the beautiful temperament he's got and what a big sook he is.

So if there is anyone out there that would like a male staffy/mastiff cross, I'm giving him away to a good home. He does need to be exercised and he does need room to run so please if your considering offering to take him, keep this in mind.

I'll attempt to give him a wash this weekend, he decided to sit in an oil pan today, so he's a little dirty.

If you are interested PM either myself or The Maddestman and we'll give you our mobile numbers so you can come and have a look at him.
Old 20-05-2005, 05:12 PM   #2
Twisted
Contributing Member

Damn he's cute. If I didnt already have a male staffi I would take him in a flash. Really hope you find him a good home mate!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Oh goodie, people, my favourite!

How can anybody resist? Please take me home and look after me!

Seriously, we want him to go to a good home, can anybody take him? Please!
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 07:38 PM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know Im a long long way away but I will put the word out ...... these dogs are easier to find homes for up here than cattle dogs ....... believe it or not ........... If I didnt have 4 & possibly one of the new pups already I would have had him for myself ......
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 11:27 PM   #5
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Thanks Lisa, it would be very much appreciated if you could put the word out for us.
Old 21-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #6
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

How old is he??? We have a good home with a big back yard and 2 parks nearby.... How does he go with other dogs??? PM me if you want can't find anybody who is willing to take him.

Cheers

Ben

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 03:43 PM   #7
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

You have a PM

Cheers

Ben

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 08:56 PM   #8
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most dogs only need a half hour walk once, sometimes, twice a day and that will give them all the exercise they need.

Luvin,having read how much this dog means to you, surely you can find half an hour once or twice a day for his exercise. It will do you a heap of good as well,all a half hour walk is,is fifteen minutes out and fifteen minutes back.

Besides no matter how small your urban block is staffy's can turn on a 5 cent piece.

I'm a firm believer that dogs are pets that are for life!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 12:03 AM   #9
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

It must be so sad for you to do this as there are no other options available,all the best.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 12:23 AM   #10
Damo
Banned

I agree with John. Make sure the yard is secure, and walk it atleast 2 km a day. Surely the security of having the dog will also help you and your family. I think you'd regret giving him away, he looks like a beautiful dog. I take my dogs upto the local school, about 1 km there, 1km back, throw the tennis ball or stick around for a bit, and they get all the exercise they need.

Just a thought, as you seem to adore this dog. I know I wouldn't give either of my dogs up, unless they were confined to a concrete jungle. I'm sure if you give him away to someone on here they will love him and take care of him as much as you's have. I had to give away my first dog, a boxer, as he would just jump the fence and go walkabouts whenever he decided, though he spent his first year on a farm. :( Kostya. I loved that dog. Geez now i'm ranting.

All the best whatever you decide.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 12:33 AM   #11
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
It must be so sad for you to do this as there are no other options available,all the best.
Cheers John
It is indeed, we wish we didn't have to, we couldn't hope for a friendlier, smarter dog, but it would be cruel to have him at the new house.

Quote:
Most dogs only need a half hour walk once, sometimes, twice a day and that will give them all the exercise they need.

Luvin,having read how much this dog means to you, surely you can find half an hour once or twice a day for his exercise. It will do you a heap of good as well,all a half hour walk is,is fifteen minutes out and fifteen minutes back.

Besides no matter how small your urban block is staffy's can turn on a 5 cent piece.

I'm a firm believer that dogs are pets that are for life!
I agree with you, a pet is for life. However, we feel we have to do the right thing by him, and that it would be selfish and cruel to have him in the "backyard" at the new house, which is really only a few square meters bigger then the average units courtyard, and probably slightly smaller then a 1 car garage. There is also the small matter of the house behind us (I mean literally behind us, from our kitchen window you can see their front door), which happens to be where the landlord lives. He has said it's ok for us to have a dog, but he might change his mind if the dog decides to bark every time someone goes past our house to his, which he probably would do.

We just don't think it would be a good idea to bring such a big dog here, and if he got out of the yard, we're on a main road with a 70km/h limit, which often has people doing 80-110km/h on, and I think, even if someone hit him at 70km/h, it would make one hell of a mess of him, not to mention to their car.
Old 22-05-2005, 12:39 AM   #12
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where abouts are you located? We are looking for a mate for our dog at the moment, however he would have to be good with other dogs.
Old 22-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #13
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocol
Where abouts are you located? We are looking for a mate for our dog at the moment, however he would have to be good with other dogs.
Western Suburbs of Melbourne.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #14
Leah
www.madel.com.au

Good luck guys! I hope you find a caring owner for him. How could anyone resist a face like that hey! He's a very cute little man! All the best
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #15
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

PM sent to you MaDDeSTMaN.
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 01:37 AM   #16
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by xceler8shun
PM sent to you MaDDeSTMaN.
And replied to
Old 22-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #17
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maddestman;from what you said about your yard,I think I agree it would not be fair on the dog.

Goodluck in finding him a really good home and a human.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 11:29 AM   #18
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
Goodluck in finding him a really good home and a human.
Thanks. Oh, and sorry for the confusion, I guess I should have pointed out just how unsuitable conditions at the new house were for him in my first post, oh well. If we'd known that we would have to move so soon when we got him, we wouldn't have got him in the first place, damn slum lord landlord scum that the last landlord was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah
Good luck guys! I hope you find a caring owner for him. How could anyone resist a face like that hey! He's a very cute little man! All the best
Yeah, he's certainly not a bad looking dog, I know if I was looking to get a dog and saw him I wouldn't be able to resist.

Last edited by The MaDDeSTMaN; 22-05-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 22-05-2005, 01:32 PM   #19
The MaDDeSTMaN

I made a short video of him running, shows how fit and active he is.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...cat=500&page=1 - shouldn't take too long even for people on dial-up. You will need DivX installed to view it if you don't already.

I should go and take some more video and pictures of him before he goes so we'll have pictures and video to remember him by.

Last edited by The MaDDeSTMaN; 22-05-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 22-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #20
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

This was not a decision that I made in an instant and said well the dog can go. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Maddestman has pointed out that he would have been living in a (very small) concrete jungle.

There were also other factors that came into play that there was just no getting around. If I had of known that there were going to be so many curve balls thrown at me I would have NEVER agreed to take Max in the first place.

I'm convinced that he has gone to a better home than I could have provided for him due to current circumstances. If you think this is the act of an irresponsible owner so be it.

GhiaEB, I hope that Max brings you as much enjoyment and happiness as he brought to all of us, I know that you'll treat him well, he'll make a great mate and loyal companion.
Old 22-05-2005, 07:42 PM   #21
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must hurt to giveaway your dog?

I've had to give away a 2 dogs. A golden retriever and a boxer. I hated the golden retriever. Cost me $1200 and it was a pain in the butt always wrecking something or hurting someone. He was very protective of his space for a family dog. We gave him to our cousin and he lost him! A $1200 pure breed! I was ****ed even though I hated the dog.

The boxer really hurt to give away. He was fantastic. He obeyed every command and always stuck close. I got him given to me when he was 1. My most memorable moment with him is I asked if he'd like to get the mail with me. When we got to the letterbox, I told him to sit/stay. I got interested in the mail and 1 hour later wondered where he was. He was still sitting beside the letterbox like I told him to! I felt so guilty be he was wrapped that I called him back inside. If I ever get another dog? It'll be a boxer. He was a great guard dog. I could take him anywhere and he wouldn't leave my side. I found the best owner for him. He used to work @ the Pakenham tip. After 4 weeks he'd forgotten all about me! Thats how good the new owner was to him. Treated him like a king.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 09:15 PM   #22
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Must hurt to giveaway your dog?
Too right it does. I miss him already. :(

I hope he settles in at his new home and proves to be a great companion. He will be sorely missed, but I do believe he has gone to a good home and will be looked after.

I'm lost for words.
Old 22-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #23
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im so glad Ben has him now ...... rest assured guys ..... this bloke is great with dogs .... I know this cause he got one of mine ;)

He has gone to a great home
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2005, 11:12 PM   #24
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

damn, that makes me sad!
I love my dog, nothing could make me give him away! I can imagine how you must feel!

We gave our Rodesian ridge back to my sisters inlaws a year ago, (she out grew our backyard) and she got hit by a truck a few weeks later! so sad!

Glad someone could help you there!
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post