Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #1
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

Default wheel adapters ??? anyone tried them

hey guys i have an 08 fiesta and am looking at getting some rims and fairly cheap. a friend of mine suggested getting wheel adapters to change the stud pattern slightly to fit a wider range of rims. however this also comes with the problem of pushing the wheels out and might gett rubbing, so just wondering if anyone knew if there would be a problem or tried doing this???? if they have whats the biggest offset u can use with addapters.

cheers adam

toxic_ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Forget the idea. They're illegal and dangerous. That's the sum of it all

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your insurance is worthless with them fitted too.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What they said ... don't do it!
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
toxic_ape
Starter Motor

ha ha ha thanks guys i didnt know much about them and they sounded a bit dodgy to me
toxic_ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
WPN XR6T
Useless

Don't really see how their dangerous, I have them, and their fine. But then, people will tell you the exact same thing about lowering blocks on leaf springs. Basicly the same principal, an alloy spacer behind the stub axel with a longer set of bolts, instant wider track. All sorts of things will void insurence, and axel spaces are the least of my worries.

The Fez sits alot better at the rear and is much more stable. I have 10mm spaces and Adj springs at the rear, and there are no clearence issues, it just brings the rear track in line with the front, and stops a lot of the issues you tend to have with a narrow track rear. Thats why Ford fits them as an OEM item on thier track cars in the first place (Yes, they are a genuine Ford part).

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN XR6T
Don't really see how their dangerous, I have them, and their fine. But then, people will tell you the exact same thing about lowering blocks on leaf springs. Basicly the same principal, an alloy spacer behind the stub axel with a longer set of bolts, instant wider track. All sorts of things will void insurence, and axel spaces are the least of my worries.

Porsche have them as a factory item as well and they're allowed. But for the sake of this thread, the powers to be stated they're illegal to fit to a vehicle unless they're fitted from the factory. Seeing as Ford don't fit them to a vehicle from the factory, they're illegal.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN XR6T

The Fez sits alot better at the rear and is much more stable. I have 10mm spaces and Adj springs at the rear, and there are no clearence issues, it just brings the rear track in line with the front, and stops a lot of the issues you tend to have with a narrow track rear. Thats why Ford fits them as an OEM item on thier track cars in the first place (Yes, they are a genuine Ford part).
There is a difference between the axle spacers you have and hub adaptors/wheel spacers.

Hub adaptors generally take the load bearing duties of the hub and transfer it to the wheel studs. Studs aren't designed to take the cars weight.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
WPN XR6T
Useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
There is a difference between the axle spacers you have and hub adaptors/wheel spacers.

Hub adaptors generally take the load bearing duties of the hub and transfer it to the wheel studs. Studs aren't designed to take the cars weight.
Ahh, right, misread the inital post. I have hub spaces which go behind the hubs, not adapters. Yeah, all bad, better off looking for wheels to suit.

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post