Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default My RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup - What I miss about the Fiesta (pics)

Hey guys,

This has been coming... However since Thursday I have done 650km in the new car! As you can tell, I love driving it!

Things I like about the Renault:
- Trip meter; I can work out how much petrol since the last refill, Kms since the last refill, Kms left etc etc. A great feature
- The seats - WOW. You do not move 1mm when cornering! Can also set the headrests behind your head so your head doesn't even move!
- Cornering... You should see the corners this thing can take. Put the power down and it corners harder too! Back off - and Oversteer!
- Anti Hijack feature; Locks the doors when driving at 6km/h
- Xenon headlights... Damn they are bright! Turn on the high beams and fog lights... and they are deadly!
- Power; OMG - hit 5,000rpm and it just takes off!
- Cruise Control... Although I claimed the XR5T not having it sucked... I actually like it. Works really well though... accelerates pretty hard to go up a hill... so it doesn't slow down. Also has speed limiter... which you can set to 60km/h so you cannot accelerate harder unless you push it all the way
- ESP... Works VERY well as it does not limit the power. You can even get slight chirps to start.... and a massive one into second gear! It is also fully switchable...
- Very good seating position... everything is clearly visible. Although... that Steering wheel....

Disappointed:
- Steering wheel... has a very weird angle. Works great if you drive the proper way. However, no lean back driving (which I never do... but friends hate it)
- Sound System - EVEN THE FIESTA IS BETTER! Far out!
- Turning circle. I'm yet to do a U Turn. Everything turns into a 3 point turn! Also makes it a pain in the ИИИИ to park too! Even though it is small...
- No Spare Wheel. All i get are two tyre foam repair kits and 24hour Renault RoadSide Assistance (through NRMA). Although, I rather have this... as the reason it isn't there is because the 182 has Dual Exhausts....
- Fuel Consumption - averaging 12L/100km at the moment...

Anyway, I really miss the Fiesta. Although, I smile everytime I drive the Clio. And, at work I cannot wait for the day to finish so I can DRIVE home

Steven

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

: I LIKE IT Reason - Its Blue, Nice big Rims, and has duel exhausts, oh and after reading the specs. Hold the FU*K On. Well done in getting it, i for one know that you couldnt stop talking about it for like a year or so, but looks like ur dream has come true.

We would have to meet up as soon as i get my licence back so i can see it in action and my ИИИИ handed to me.

Can you post a pic of the interior please?
Old 19-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Its cool. Aweseome colour, cute little rims. It still looks like a Nissan Micra though!!!! hahahaha :

I wouldnt mind one!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Default now now

SimonR, back me up here! You went for a ride... And holding on for dear life!

Um, where is the boot? Before you go slugging off the car, it has 5L less then the Fiesta in boot space. Nothing to complain about there. Abortioned? What? Dude, the new RenaultSport Clio is coming out late this year.... so it isn't abortioned. Looks like a Barina aye? have you even been in a RenaultSport Clio - trust me it isn't a Barina.

Think of it this way - Fiesta with 75% more power. Now that is something to brag about

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by fordel; 23-03-2007 at 12:04 AM.
Old 19-03-2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Can you post a pic of the interior please?
Will do tomorrow! Has Alcantra/Leather seats, an awesome head rest that comes forward to meet your head, Metal pedals, silver seat belts, silver highlights... pretty awesome!

Oh - forgot to mention. It has Climate Control - BLOODY AWESOME! Never gets too cold... just right

Old 19-03-2006, 09:14 PM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Will do tomorrow! Has Alcantra/Leather seats, an awesome head rest that comes forward to meet your head, Metal pedals, silver seat belts, silver highlights... pretty awesome!

Oh - forgot to mention. It has Climate Control - BLOODY AWESOME! Never gets too cold... just right
Hahahahah im liking this car already. But im still a fiesta man at heart atm. But hey if a car can put a smile on ur face everytime u drive it then thats what it is all about. The fiesta has it and im sure the clio does to.
Old 19-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
caprispecial

So ..um................you think it might be okay then?
caprispecial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #8
EFDream
XRR83D

Did I miss something??? I don't remember seeing "Performance Car" in the thread title....then again...it might just be me.

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:19 PM   #9
joshf2
striped

hehehehe

wheres the popcorn
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 09:23 PM   #10
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
Did I miss something??? I don't remember seeing "Performance Car" in the thread title....then again...it might just be me.
0-100km/h in 7.1seconds and Track times quicker then quite a few sports cars... Yes it might be such.

*EDIT* Found it;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/page_2.shtml

The times are not there, but I do have the issue on my computer and the RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup achieved a lap time of 1m33.8s (MAKING IT JUST BEHIND the Golf R32 and SL55AMG, BUT FASTER THEN the 147 GTA and Ford Focus ST)

So, enough bagging - it is quick

Last edited by Teki04; 19-03-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 19-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #11
EFDream
XRR83D

Default references deleted posts

I reckon you got A nice bit of machinery there. Like you said, varying differences in viewpoint!

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

Last edited by fordel; 23-03-2007 at 12:10 AM.
EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 10:55 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ok , well just went for a spin in Tekis Clio, and well ITS GOT BALLS. Front the seats to the dash and Xenon's is awesome. Oh and the engine and exhaust note make passers by say WTF was that. JUST HANG THE Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo ON.

I was litrally pinned in the seat and had a smile on my face all the time. The acceleration was really responsive. I love it.

Thanks teki for the drive.

Cheers

Damo
Old 19-03-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hmm, well i cant say I am very familiar with these - to be honest I have never heard of Renaultsport!

Can't say I like the look of it, reminds me of a Toyota Echo, however some say the LR Focus is the ugliest Focus ever, and thats ok. Personal choice.

I do like the colour though .

At the end of the day, its all about being happy with what you drive. I love the Focus, but I wouldnt say no to a Mazda3 or similar etc. And from the sounds of it, this car suits you down to the ground.

Looking forward to seeing some interior pics.
Old 19-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #14
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

guys if you dont know these cars then I am afraid your knowledge of small cars is lacking...

Take a Motor mag and see what they say about it.

They are fantastic! I want to see a pic with one leg up!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
guys if you dont know these cars then I am afraid your knowledge of small cars is lacking...

Take a Motor mag and see what they say about it.
Doesnt bother me one bit - happy to learn all the time.
Old 20-03-2006, 12:53 AM   #16
neb
hibernating

I really like the renaultsport clio 182 cups... there was just recently a wheels magazine with "21 hero-car handling shootout" it came 12th overall beating the porsche cayenne s, honda accord euro, range rover sport supercharged, mitsubishi 380 vrx, volkswagon golf gti, ford forcus zetec, ford fiesta zetec, holden astra cdx coupe.

anyway as polyal mentioned if anyone has seen the wheels episode they get the rear wheel off the ground when pushed around the corners hard, great car i would like one
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 01:15 AM   #17
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb
I really like the renaultsport clio 182 cups... there was just recently a wheels magazine with "21 hero-car handling shootout" it came 12th overall beating the porsche cayenne s, honda accord euro, range rover sport supercharged, mitsubishi 380 vrx, volkswagon golf gti, ford forcus zetec, ford fiesta zetec, holden astra cdx coupe.

anyway as polyal mentioned if anyone has seen the wheels episode they get the rear wheel off the ground when pushed around the corners hard, great car i would like one
Haha yes - I am yet to experience the 1 wheel in the air. Have experienced it corner at unbelievable speeds (I was not the driver.... just a passenger!). I have had the car on 3 wheels though - every day in fact when i exit the work's car park (about 10 times a day!)

Neb - You forgot to mention that the cars above 12th place had an average price of $75,475! So, more then double the price...
ANDDDDDDDDDDD - It CAME 10TH if you take into account ONLY PERFORMANCE STATS, beating the HSV Clubsport R8 and Liberty GT!

I will get interior pics tomorrow... Though they don't exactly look great, they work well! April 05 Wheels mag named it the grippest seat out of the Integra TypeS and Mini Cooper S Chilli (Oh, and the RenaultSport Clio also came first with 4.5/5!)

Old 20-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #18
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'll get a real pic tomorrow.

Old 20-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #19
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshf2
hehehehe

wheres the popcorn
Here we go.....

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 11:57 AM   #20
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Congrats.

They are a great little car. I think that Renault are really buying the market, i.e. they have been in and out of Oz a few times and now they are offering a car with heaps of features for a low price to win back customers. I was thinking about buying one five years ago but they weren’t quite out in time and I really needed a new car. I was hoping that we’d get the last (Trophy?) European model that had the tweaked suspension. 2.0 litres in a lightweight body is a lot of fun.

Enjoy beating up the bigger capacity cars in corners and on the circuit.

p.s. Someone mentioned that Aus dealers could bring in and register a (mid-engined) Clio V6 mkII from New Zealand for around $70k.

p.p.s. How come you didn’t get the white stripes? There is one that parks near me and it looks great.
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K
p.p.s. How come you didn’t get the stripes? There is one that parks near me and it looks great.

Because they dont offer a pink stripe package...so teki opted for none at all...

TEKI IM JOKING :
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #22
Joes_meat
Churches Eat Souls

The Renault Clio V6 would have been my choice.

Shame they don't make it any more.
Joes_meat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 01:03 AM   #23
na01

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan on the looks of clio and the name "clio" for sports hatch BUT I know that clio's are probably and if not THE best hot hatch u can buy.

If I remember correctly, it was voted in the top 5 best car of the year award in the EVO mag which is one of the best european car mag. Clio was up there with european exotic cars (porches, lambo, ferrari etc etc) as those jurnos said that they just couldn't keep their smile off their face when they were driving cleo. There were some crazy pics on clio being pushed around tight corners of some mountain roads.

Big respect to clio 182 :sm_headba

BTW, Renaults are doing bloody awesome in F1! great stuff!!!!
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 01:48 AM   #24
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by na01
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan on the looks of clio and the name "clio" for sports hatch BUT I know that clio's are probably and if not THE best hot hatch u can buy.

If I remember correctly, it was voted in the top 5 best car of the year award in the EVO mag which is one of the best european car mag. Clio was up there with european exotic cars (porches, lambo, ferrari etc etc) as those jurnos said that they just couldn't keep their smile off their face when they were driving cleo. There were some crazy pics on clio being pushed around tight corners of some mountain roads.

Big respect to clio 182 :sm_headba

BTW, Renaults are doing bloody awesome in F1! great stuff!!!!
Cheers man - I have to agree... I smile every time I drive it! It is sooooooo chuckable it isn't funny! And, I have read most reviews - they allllll love it, and most hot hatches are some way or another compared to it.

Will have to bring it to a cruise one day...

Old 21-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #25
Lagom

Good choice, they're a ball of fun really - I've had a few good drives in the RCS and they're the closest modern car to a go-kart, well out of all the cars I've driven.

Don't worry about those who knock the car, they've probably never driven one and probably can't say "Renault" correctly either
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagom
Good choice, they're a ball of fun really - I've had a few good drives in the RCS and they're the closest modern car to a go-kart, well out of all the cars I've driven.

Don't worry about those who knock the car, they've probably never driven one and probably can't say "Renault" correctly either
HAHA - Cheers mate. And I SO agree with you. I still can't get over it - it corners HARDER the more you POWER. The Fiesta did no such thing! It points where you steer.

And yep - Its not Ren-Alt... its Ren-O

Old 22-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #27
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Teki, glad your loving your car !!!

tell me... how are those front tyres going?!?!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
Danny
GT4.

I can't wait to pick mine up...... 1 day left! Its going so SLOOOOOOOWWWW!!!
Old 25-02-2007, 03:58 PM   #29
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Dude, did u get rid of the Fez? Since when?

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #30
Danny
GT4.

Our Family still has the Fez, but it's no longer mine. Info in this thread.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=88135