Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
AD26

Default Check engine light

Hello all, driving to work this morning the dreaded check engine light appeared although no difference in driving was noticed. The car isn't over heating, no unusual sounds, checked all the hoses when I got home, all fluid levels are where they should be.

Occasionally(usually on cold first start for the day) it seems to miss or feel like it's got a sudden drop in power then picks up again in a second and I get the rare back fire when changing first to second(at 3000ish rpm, not taking off in a hurry) but never any other gear. Could a spark plug, lead or worse, distributor cap be going or gone and would that cause the light?

I can't think of anything else to check.

Thank you

AD26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post