Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #31
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 
Default Re: Cops driving dangerous?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
https://myrta.com/regcheck/

Just punch in the rego.
Awesome ... never knew that was available actually.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Who says????
They have been known to drive stranger vehicles than this.
Yeah, nothing new.

Many many moons ago on the Hume hwy in Vic they had an F100 with bales of hay in the back. Around Goulburn (NSW) they even had a Dodge semi to catch trucks (via radio) .

The Dodge was ok for a week, then they rolled it trying to keep up

Quote:
Nice one, thanks for that.
Old 24-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Hahahhahahahaha ... I would have paid to have seen that.
Old 24-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #34
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Never said I'd stop for anyone without flashing lights.

What i am saying is ... in NSW anyway ... the Police Force are using obscure vehicles now ... with blue/red strobes fitted in stealth positioning (along with sirens as well).

There'll be a lot of covert operation vehicles out there on the road ... that you would least expect ... even I wouldn't have guessed myself.

Maybe the case over what the car is, but seeing as the OP stated it didn't have flashing lights, wouldn't that indicate to you it's not a copper?

Sure does point to that as far as I am concerned.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:

Just punch in the rego.

Good site for NSW. Just punched in my S.A Commy number plate and it comes up as a Mitsubishi.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 24-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #36
Rambunctious

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
Coppers don't have 20" wheels and being an 07 build the car is to old.

When coppers want to pull you over, and whilst they're stopped, they have the lovely flashing lights. (OHS ruling especially when stopped)

It actually sounds like this commodore driver was chasing this falcon driver because they knew each other ot they wanted to have a "rumble in the bronx" as such.
So I guess the 1999 VN SS Commodore maroon in colour that the cop in my street brings home on occasions is a myth even with the lights behind the grill and on the rear shelf. I asked him what the go was, turns out it is a "stolen recovered" which the insurance had paid out on so the cops took it over. North Brisbane by the way.
Rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #37
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:

Just punch in the rego.
Strange. My F6 comes up as;

2009 RED FOR FALCON SEDAN

That's copy and pasted straight from the site.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #38
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambunctious
So I guess the 1999 VN SS Commodore maroon in colour that the cop in my street brings home on occasions is a myth even with the lights behind the grill and on the rear shelf. I asked him what the go was, turns out it is a "stolen recovered" which the insurance had paid out on so the cops took it over. North Brisbane by the way.
Sweet Jesus I will have to look out for that one!

That'd fool quite a few people I'd say!
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #39
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodp
Strange. My F6 comes up as;

2009 RED FOR FALCON SEDAN

That's copy and pasted straight from the site.

is it though???

got two 06 BFII utes in the family and they come up differently:

MINE:
2006 WHITE FOR FALCON UTILITY

Father-in-Laws:
2006 WHITE FOR COMMERCIAL 3 TABLE TOP WITH FITTINGS
Old 24-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #40
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why do they come up FOR and not FORD? When i bought my BF ute from sydney it was the same..the sticker had FOR FALCON UTIL
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #41
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0
Why do they come up FOR and not FORD? When i bought my BF ute from sydney it was the same..the sticker had FOR FALCON UTIL
They think that the word Ford is comprised of two syllables and a large number of RTA employees would have trouble with that many.
Old 24-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #42
falconhell74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was in sydney I traveled a lot for work & saw heaps of diffrent undercover cars but mainly around freeways were F6"s green or blue mainly but a fiew red ones also

Audi A4 S-line quttro
Xc falcon
Previous fords-
xc falcon 500 ,250 x flow 3 speed
xc gs worked 250 x flow 4 speed
xa Fairmont 302 auto wagon
xb falcon 250 log auto 4 door
xb falcon 200 log auto ute
xc gs project - had to sell :-(
xc gs 302 4 speed 4 door
xc gs 351 auto 4 door
zf fairlane 302 auto
zk fairlane 250 x flow carb auto
zl fairlane 250 x flow EFI auto
xg ute , BA falcon dedicated gas
xd, xf x 3 ,ea,eb,ef,au x 3,telstar tx5
falconhell74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #43
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
is it though???

got two 06 BFII utes in the family and they come up differently:

MINE:
2006 WHITE FOR FALCON UTILITY

Father-in-Laws:
2006 WHITE FOR COMMERCIAL 3 TABLE TOP WITH FITTINGS
I'd have thought an F6 would have come up under FPV - not 'FOR' :p
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #44
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Well .. it is a "FOR" Peformance Vehicle.
As long as it is red and a sedan ... they are close enough ... to them anyway.
Old 24-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #45
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So did he actually pull him over? Because a rego check shows the Commodore is an '07 build which is a little old for a current police car. You sure it wasn't just some muppet?
It also says it's orange not red
Old 24-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #46
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Jeep comes up as: 2010 BLACK JEP PATRIOT PANEL VAN WITH WINDOWS & SEAT/S - 4WD

With Windows and seats?? Classy
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #47
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Ya cant argue with an idiot mate ..
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #48
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

I'm amused that there are those that think police won't go to those lengths to get their quota...

There was a camera car many years back in Melbourne. It wasn't a commodore or a falcon, or a magna...it was a comby van. And when I was living there in '07, there were quite a few undercover cars getting around that were done up in pretty much the same fashion as the rest of the vehicles on the road - to be conspicuous...

Even if it wasn't a copper, reporting it is probably your best bet...sounds like the occupant of the vehicle was a DH...

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #49
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:

So I might have made a slight area. Shoot me and ADRENALINE, as we have both mentioned the same thing.

Now read what the Op's opening statement says and compare it with what you have written. Give you a hint. There's a little bit about lights.

Old 24-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #50
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6menace
Ya cant argue with an idiot mate ..

Coming from the original. I'd suggest looking who else has commented about this particular car not being a cop car. Or are you a little short sited and can't read all the posts by others?

Old 24-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #51
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

The truck comes up as:

2004 GOLD FOR COURIER UTILITY

Didnt know burnt orange was gold

Subaru Outback '02

Last edited by TheInterceptor; 24-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #52
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Oh really...

I really doubt this due to OHS... They won't order cars without ESP, side / curtain airbags and rear park assist now, that car would have none of those and is it a VN 1989 or a VT 1999??
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #53
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Oh really...

I really doubt this due to OHS... They won't order cars without ESP, side / curtain airbags and rear park assist now, that car would have none of those and is it a VN 1989 or a VT 1999??
+1 there are very strict rules regarding which cars they can and cant use. There is no way a 89 VN or even 99 VT is going to be pursuit rated, maybe a D car for surveillance but thats about it.
Old 25-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #54
LTDHO
The one and only

Not cop bash.

I was passed by a marked bike last week, he was doing easy 80+ in a 60.
Naturally, I figured he was doing the right thing and attending a job.
Anly to find him at the next set of lights waiting at a red.

So either he:
a) feels speed laws do not apply.
b) job was cancelled
c) thinks red is a pretty colour
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #55
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen SS's like this around blacktown before. Not sure on the 20's but could have - they were lowered with stripes and a big sticker on the back window.

I even saw an undercover xr6 turbo the other week with the aerials inside the rear glass and a very small flasher box on the dash (much smaller than usual). - must be getting smarter.

Any way - I finally got my in car camera
steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #56
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.zissou

Any way - I finally got my in car camera
Which one did you get????
I am still hoping to get one eventually.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #57
TK-421

Not another cop bash but . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BQXD5Vf27U
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #58
NFURY8 Ute
Formerly Quick 5.4L

There is a green VE SS ute gettin around th hunter area with 19s and has the led lights by the number plates, they use it for takin away trail bikes and stuff, looks prety nice

For Go:
custom exhaust, BPR CAI

For Show:
Power bolge hard cover n spoiler, bonnet n hard cover decals, 20'' CSA RAZORS, Pedders Ultra lows
NFURY8 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 03:55 AM   #59
Bobman
Regulator

If anyone remembers the Highway Patrol episode where police chase the motorbikes in Albert Park - the rider uploaded the "in dash" footage from the police cars.

You see them going through a red light, over taking double-lines, exceeding the posted limit *before* any offence had been committed by the bikes. If that's the example being set, then I see no need for people to adhere to every single arbitrary limit or law imposed on us, especially when the law enforcers don't respect it.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #60
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFURY8 Ute
There is a green VE SS ute gettin around th hunter area with 19s and has the led lights by the number plates, they use it for takin away trail bikes and stuff, looks prety nice
Indeed there is a green ute as well as a silver one. They have been hanging around here and Muswellbrook lately. There was also an unmarked lancer getting about but I havent seen that in ages.

The strangest I have seen here in the upper hunter were a Hilux and 2 mini's. I remember one mini I followed was red with the white stripes and MIN-1?? something numberplates. Opened my eyes up. The hilux was a late 80s model (box shape) single cab and rough looking. The officer was sitting in it with the speed gun resting on the mirror. That was near the turn off to the army barracks outside of Singleton. No way it would catch anyone so they must of had another car down the road somewhere

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post