Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default The 10 best Cricket Sledges (and comebacks) in history

10. Rod Marsh & Ian Botham - When Botham took guard in an Ashes match, Marsh welcomed him to the wicket with the immortal words: "So how's your wife & my kids?"

9. Daryll Cullinan & Shane Warne - As Cullinan was on his way to the wicket, Warne told him he had been waiting 2 years for another chance to humiliate him. "Looks like you spent it eating," Cullinan retorted.

8. Robin Smith & Merv Hughes - During 1989 Lords Test Hughes said to Smith after he played & missed: "You can't ИИИИИИИИИ bat". Smith to Hughes after he smacked him to the boundary - "Hey Merv, we make a fine pair. I can't ИИИИИИИИИ bat & you can't ИИИИИИИИИ bowl."

7 . Merv Hughes & Javed Miandad - During 1991 Adelaide Test, Javed called Merv a fat bus conductor. A few balls later Merv dismissed Javed: "Tickets please," Merv called out as he ran past the departing batsman.

6. Merv Hughes & Viv Richards - During a test match in the West Indies, Hughes didn't say a word to Viv, but continued to stare at him after deliveries. "This is my island, my culture. Don't you be staring at me. In my culture we just bowl." Merv didn't reply, but after he dismissed him he announced to the batsman: "In my culture we just say ИИИИИИ off."

5. Glenn McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan - "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?" Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath lost it: "If you ever mention my wife again, I'll F***ing rip your F***ing throat out."

4. Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times. Marshall: "Now David, Are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"

3. Ricky Ponting & Shaun Pollock - After going past the outside edge with a couple of deliveries, Pollock told Ponting: "It's red, round & weighs about 5 ounces." Unfortunately for Pollock, the next ball was hammered out of the ground. Ponting to Pollock: "You know what it looks like, now go find it."

2. Fred Trueman - While bowling the batsman edges and the ball goes to first slip,and right between Raman Subba Row's legs. Fred doesn't say a word. At the end of the over, Row ambles past Trueman and apologises sheepishly. "I should've kept my legs together, Fred". "So should your mother," he replied.

1. And of course you can't forget Ian Healy's legendary comment that was picked up by the Channel 9 microphones when Arjuna Ranatunga called for a runner on a particularly hot night during a one dayer in Sydney... "You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c**t!!!"

Old 10-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
JG3282
Awake after dark

I remember another good one. In an Ashes test, Mark Taylor told Michael Slater to stand right under Nasser Hussain's nose while he was batting. So Slater went and stood at half pitch.

In a game I played in a few years ago, an opponent was getting frustrated that he could not get me out (background info - his wife was hot), so he calls out to me "If you get out this over I'll let you look at my wife's boob's." Next thing a voice calls out from one of his team mates, "Give him a decent incentive, cos she's gunna get 'em out in the rooms after you go home anyway"

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eddo Brandes (zimbabwe) to Glenn McGrath who sledged him, how did you get so fat? reply every time I fu##ed your wife she gave me a donut
Old 10-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #4
JG3282
Awake after dark

Jane McGrath is geting a reputation... I've always thought she was cute

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
Hawk
I am The Brain!

Even though they aren't all true, they are still funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
4. Malcolm Marshall was bowling to David Boon who had played and missed a couple of times. Marshall: "Now David, Are you going to get out now or am I going to have to bowl around the wicket and kill you?"
I might ask the great one about that one next week...

Woohoo 1.6L 1999 Toyota Corolla....feel the power!

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

3. Ricky Ponting & Shaun Pollock - After going past the outside edge with a couple of deliveries, Pollock told Ponting: "It's red, round & weighs about 5 ounces." Unfortunately for Pollock, the next ball was hammered out of the ground. Ponting to Pollock: "You know what it looks like, now go find it."

Ive heard Ian Chappel mention this story b4 but it didnt invole Pollock or Punter but i think its a pretty good one.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post