Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2022, 10:43 PM   #6481
MDS87
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
My youth encompassed the AU - BA - BF and FG era's too. Buying a TS50 10 years later was pretty special, almost surreal. The T3 TS50 was my "poster" car, to go on and own one for a brief period was an honor. Being a TS, it had Koni suspension, somehow it managed to ride very well at the same time being THE BEST Falcon I have ever driven, before or since.

And yes, the ability to choose interior colours on BA, BF and early FG's was a nice touch. Black, black, black seems to be all that's offered these days.
I know what you mean. I was 14 when the T3's came out. I still have a copy of the December 2001 issue of Motor where they previewed it.

I remember wanting a TS over a TE as it had the Fairmont Ghia-style dash, Brembo brakes and the Koni suspension but preferring the multi-spoke Azzurros of the TE. Now I realise the five-spoke TS wheels were superior due to undoubtedly being less time consuming to keep clean!

As much as I love the turbo, I wish I had worked harder in my early career to own an exceptionally special Falcon. COVID tax has put these far out of my reach now!
MDS87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2022, 11:06 PM   #6482
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS87 View Post
I know what you mean. I was 14 when the T3's came out. I still have a copy of the December 2001 issue of Motor where they previewed it.

I remember wanting a TS over a TE as it had the Fairmont Ghia-style dash, Brembo brakes and the Koni suspension but preferring the multi-spoke Azzurros of the TE. Now I realise the five-spoke TS wheels were superior due to undoubtedly being less time consuming to keep clean!

As much as I love the turbo, I wish I had worked harder in my early career to own an exceptionally special Falcon. COVID tax has put these far out of my reach now!
I still have the Wheels and Motor magazines from the era as well.

In my opinion, you actually do have a special Falcon! Clean, un-touched XR6 Turbo's have become very rare.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-02-2022, 08:12 PM   #6483
MDS87
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I still have the Wheels and Motor magazines from the era as well.

In my opinion, you actually do have a special Falcon! Clean, un-touched XR6 Turbo's have become very rare.
That's very true I will post up some pics when able
MDS87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2022, 11:54 AM   #6484
Fordbf1991
Starter Motor

Hello every one I'm new here

Could really use some help with my 2005 Ford Bf Ute.

I'm having issues with take off and idle, car always idling rough with revs moving up and down,

I had an engine light come on stating P1381 Camshaft Position Timing Over Advanced Bank 1

I changed 1 of the camshaft angle exhuast sensors the one that sits at the rear top of the motor above the exhuast manifold on the right have side.

Nothing changed same issue also changed coil packs and spark plugs not long ago.

I did have my clutch replaced recently not sure if theres any correlation to that.

Ive looked into forums about the vct but don't want to change them if it might be something elese.
Fordbf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-02-2022, 12:03 AM   #6485
Bob C
Starter Motor

Gday. I’m Bob. New to the forums, and to my first Ford (and I’m 75 !!).
Well, better late than never.
I bought a 2007 Focus 2 weeks ago, 2 litre basic model with 152k on the clock.
Really well kept. Goes really well. Had a tick in the motor that went when I filled up with 95. Looking forward to engaging with other Ford owners. It looks like a great site. Might find a solution to a minor problem starting from cold (below 20 deg c the revs don’t increase, have to depress the accelerator slightly for a minute until it wakes up and revs about 1200 on it’s own til it warms up. Needed 4 new Michelins. Now a real pleasure to drive ��. Oh. Forgot to say... I live at Stanthorpe Qld. (Very cold place)

Last edited by Bob C; 13-02-2022 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Missed info
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2022, 11:10 AM   #6486
Mike. Langmead
Starter Motor

Hi guys

1st time posting for me and I live in Tumbi Umbi.
I've just bought a cracking little 2013 Focus S with 165k on the clock.

Unfortunately, the Navigation information is outdated so it doesn't recognise new routes, roads or tunnels. Ive talked to Ford Tuggerah and they advise that an updated SD card will cost a ridiculous $1000 to replace!!. I can't be the only one to come across this problem and wondered who else may have come across an affordable solution more compatible with my retirees income.

Any advice offered will be most welcome. The SD card is writable according to Ford so perhaps a software update would be in order.

Thanks in anticipation Forum.

Mike
Mike. Langmead is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2022, 08:35 PM   #6487
James stirling
Starter Motor

hi everyone I'm new to the forum I've got a 68 xt wagon that I'm going to be doing full rebuild on as it's just a shell . also has anyone fitted a later model brake booster and master cylinder so disc brakes can be fitted
James stirling is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2022, 11:16 AM   #6488
Skip69xw
Starter Motor

Hi guys I’m new to this forum
I’m currently doing up a xw falcon & also a
Au xr8 as a toy to drive around thank for letting me
Come on board
Skip69xw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #6489
MRSA
Starter Motor

Hey all !!

Just here
learning
Reading
avoiding mechanics
If possible

Heaps of info

I need a better toolkit

Cheers !!
MRSA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2022, 05:54 PM   #6490
chargermick
Starter Motor

Hello just purchased a series one 1999 AU Fairmont Ghia with VCT motor with genuine 45,000km's.
Looking for advice for a mild supercharged or turbo fit will be checking forums to see if worth doing the mods on this motor I r or keep stock and save for a Barra....cheers!
chargermick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2022, 10:51 AM   #6491
JoeBlase
Starter Motor

Hi There I am new to this forum I live in West Auckland NZ and am the proud owner of a BF 2006 Falcon XT wagon which I owned for 6 months I intend to use it for a camping wagon It is my secondary car and I love the way it drives and is such a comfortable cruiser and it just purrs It has 250000 kilometres on it and just had a transmission service done a new radiator and hi flow thermostat fitted and the headlining done I don’t mind spending the money as it has a rust free body and as I am nearly 70 I have decided to go back to Aussi fords I owned an EB when I was in Australia in 1996 and clocked about 10000 kilometres in 6 months going all over the place from Sydney to Cairns and out to Roma Tamworth etc and it never missed a beat Also Ford Zephyrs have been in our family and I owned a Mark 2 while my father had all the other models as well Cortina’s and Lasers Thanks for accepting me into the forum Cheers Joe
JoeBlase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2022, 11:07 AM   #6492
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS87 View Post

a very important point re the TS 5spokes is that they tweaked the rim offset.
The TE rear track is 1546mm TS is 1562mm.
I think rim itself has a 6mm offset, plus tyre profile povides the track figure.
Those rear rims are GOLD.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2022, 01:32 PM   #6493
Roedwork
Starter Motor

Hi All,
Thanks for letting me join the forum. Bought a px 2 Ranger and still trying to figure out how it all works . Having a forum is just like having the maintenance manual in front of you . Had a few Henry Fords over the years back in 70s and 80s. Xc 302 panel Van and th Xd falcon. Thanks again
Roedwork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2022, 07:53 AM   #6494
Egalitarian
Starter Motor

Thanks for the add, new toy is AU Fairlane Sprortsman, my first Ford so apologies in advance for all dumb questions that may follow.
Egalitarian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-03-2022, 10:14 AM   #6495
Loui68
Starter Motor

Hi all, new to fords, have a leak in my trans cooler heat exchanger and looking for part, part number 5R297A095AB....... can I use the 5R297A095AC
Thanks in advance.
Loui68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2022, 10:18 AM   #6496
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Almost certainly that’s just a revised spec - different supplier or small manufacturing detail. If it looks the same you will be OK.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2022, 10:23 AM   #6497
Gorno
Starter Motor

HI,
Newbe to forum. Thanks for letting me join. X Ford Toolroom Geelong. 1988 EA Hearse, 57,000 original ks.
Gorno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2022, 12:20 PM   #6498
Toordoog
Starter Motor

Hi Team.. Thanks for the acceptance.. Just getting into the old AU's so need a bit of guidance while I figure some stuff out.

Currently have Mk2 Capri, Sierra XR4i, TX3 Laser, 2x Mk2 Mondeo ST24 wagons, 2x Auii XR8's, BA Mk2 Fairmont Ghia.. just about all in Red.. just the way it happened.. lol... newer stuff, Fiesta AB35 (NZ only), Fiesta ST Mk6 (fantastic car!!) and just got a 2016 Focus Sport. So the sheds are full...

Cheers...
Toordoog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #6499
Twotees
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi all, Mick here I personally don’t have a ford atm, I had a 50th Anniversary FG XR6 but my greedy wife has that now with everything else lol! Anyway my Angel has a Falcon AU 11 and it’s giving her drama, I changed the battery and the only thing I can think of that may have caused the dash to freak out was I removed a couple of relays, her tacho isn’t working, the speedo isn’t working properly, the fuel light is on constantly and shows 3/4 tank with ignition on and 1/4 when off, so I was. Wondering if I did any damage or is there away to reset it?
Twotees is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2022, 11:36 AM   #6500
Gorno
Starter Motor

Gorno here
After cutting out probs, got a new Dizzy from Extra Mile, DIS100. When ordered says OK for CPI invoice says suit MPFI, ph them say yes b OK. Was goin great set at IGN mark. Idle gud, next day prob starting, ruff idle. Timing lite on pully AND "mark" not staying in position! Fluctuation, 20/30 mill from line, then on line, off etc. Old Dizzy roter thing, tone wheel? Has got same size lugs all arund. New one has one lug smaller, so wud this be causing prob with "Hall" sensing.
TI Performance, on EBay area say their Dizzy suit CPI, But Tone wheel must b retained, mean swap to New Dizzy,? Ford forum some threads say Dizzy different for CPI & MFFI. With Dizzy, Air on stalls, ruff idle, before just turn key & start, now needs beta go pedal!. Pull out New one & try to swap old TONE WHEEL? Thurt just swap Dizzy & prob fixed. No so!
Gorno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2022, 01:20 PM   #6501
buddy69
Starter Motor

Hi guys , just introducing myself ( hope this the right spot ? ) … proud owner of fg mk1 xR6T BUT ….. my baby been off the road for about 3weeks now and it’s KILLING ME !!! ( u know how it is .) ….. anyway , bloody immobiliser … I’m reading all sorts of procedures to be done but none seem to work , I’m a Bee’s proverbials away from havin to pay an auto locksmith dollars that I can’t really afford to pay atm . Anyone got some rock solid methods ? One thing I haven’t tried yet is taking both connections off inertia switch …. Please help :(
buddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2022, 10:31 AM   #6502
wetbaz
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day all.

A newbie to this forum but not to fords. Currently have an Everest, 4 years now, and loving it. Have a good few trips up and down the east coast under our belts caravanning and about to go up through central QLD for 3 months, maybe getting to the gulf. Trend, Diesel 3.2L auto (lazy, I know). Bull bar, spotties and winch plus wench.

Just one question; anyone have strong feelings towards adding a snorkel?
Thanks Baz
wetbaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 02:55 PM   #6503
DustyXY
Starter Motor

Hi Falcon nuts.
I'm in Perth and have a worn out old AU Ute. The 'ol BTR I think will let me down first before the Intech. So I have a T5 conversion to go in. But she won't be straight forward. It's from a BA.
Quick inspection after parting with enough cash to keep me drunk for the rest of the year. Pedal box might as well have come from Jumbuk.
We all like a weekend challenge on our daily cars?
Just picked up what appears to be an incredibly low k VCT engine. With that I'll just reseal it and throw it in with the box.
Have on order a J3 chip that I'll snap as I pull it out the packaging.
Enough idle chit chat. No doubt you'll be getting questions from me that'll make you wonder how I made this far in life and I hope maybe I can impart a lot of my useless information on you guys.
Anyway there is only two states to be. WA and P***ED
Dusty
2000 AU Ute
1986 C4 Corvette
1984 GT Mustang
1972 XY Ute.
1999 FXDL
DustyXY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2022, 04:04 PM   #6504
buddy69
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy69 View Post
Hi guys , just introducing myself ( hope this the right spot ? ) … proud owner of fg mk1 xR6T BUT ….. my baby been off the road for about 3weeks now and it’s KILLING ME !!! ( u know how it is .) ….. anyway , bloody immobiliser … I’m reading all sorts of procedures to be done but none seem to work , I’m a Bee’s proverbials away from havin to pay an auto locksmith dollars that I can’t really afford to pay atm . Anyone got some rock solid methods ? One thing I haven’t tried yet is taking both connections off inertia switch …. Please help :(
ALL GOOD GUYS , was a small hole in corrugated hose inside pump , not delivering enough pressure , can’t believe ma beast was off the road so long with such a petty problem !! lol
buddy69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #6505
Leon57
Starter Motor

Hi,
New to the forum.
I have owned a black AU 2001 Series2 XR8 auto ute currently with 165,000k's since 2013.
Sorting out a few issues such as airbag light. Waiting on a clock spring to see if that solves it.
Love the ute but also have a Commodore VF SV6, Triumph Stag, Mercedes 320CE and a 350 SBC Jaguar XJ6 in pieces so I play the field.
Recently retired so the time has come to get the XR8 sorted.
Cheers.
Leon57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-03-2022, 06:31 PM   #6506
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Clearly a masochist. They’re flogging a chap in the Territory forums for installing a third row seat without divine approval, if you ask nicely they might spare a few lashes for yourself.

Stag eight is one of the best sounding SOHC eights ever, a joy for the ears.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 09:31 PM   #6507
Leon57
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Clearly a masochist. They’re flogging a chap in the Territory forums for installing a third row seat without divine approval, if you ask nicely they might spare a few lashes for yourself.

Stag eight is one of the best sounding SOHC eights ever, a joy for the ears.
Thanks for the welcome. I'm used to copping flack for the 350 Chev in the Jaguar and a Leyland P76 V8 in the Stag. I agree the original Triumph V8 is the best factory sounding car out of a factory, mine sounds close but not as good.
I do intend to keep the XR8 original although I have fitted an after market exhaust.
Cheers.
Leon57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 09:53 PM   #6508
WayFairer
Starter Motor

G"Day! I have followed Ford Forums for some time now, and they have been very informative, though I have never posted any comment as I am not a mechanic. I am just a Ford Fanatic !!!
WayFairer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 10:01 PM   #6509
WayFairer
Starter Motor

I now must sell my beloved AU II Fairmont Ghia I purchased in 2000 and am wondering where to advertise it for sale ??? Being in mint condition, bar the wear in the drivers seat. It drives like brand new.

Last edited by WayFairer; 28-03-2022 at 10:23 PM.
WayFairer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2022, 10:46 PM   #6510
@johnno
Starter Motor

Hi Fellow Fordies
Just become a member.
I,m john in Darwin.
Manager of Coconut Grove Panel & Paint NT
42 years of smash repair industry, panel beater by trade.
Just bought my next falcon, that makes it about 10 over my life of Fords that is.
( The two I regret selling years ago, XE ESP 351 Ghia, XB GT)
2010 FG XR6 ute
Hit in the left front.
Already repaired the front, paint stage now.
Restoring it back to factory condition.
Got the Top end tan as we call it.
UV paint damage.
Being the green metallic with the blue flip.
got it for 2G 105.000 ks
Got A question though if anyone can help.
Fg sat damaged with flat battery for months,
Now according to my local mechanic, the ECU has lost it's memory,
She won't crank over, dash is lit up with all codes, airbag,dsc, abs etc
Ford hidden valley want $220 P/H to reprogram, plus towing
Does anyone have any suggestions how to bypass the dealer?
is there a way to restore the ECU?

And being Darwin
Lack of competition is a major issue,
any help would be fantastic
Thanks everyone
Johnno
First On Race Day
@johnno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: