Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 
Default msd coils

Anyone had a faulty one yet? seems i do, resistance still reads correct, but 1 terminal struggles to make 5000volts, all the rest are fine.

Its not that surprising though, they were original fitted to my AU, which i wrapped around a tree, then a mate put them on his AU, and he wrapped it around a tree, now there on my ED which i put my AU engine in and one's lead outuput has gone faulty.

5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
Cam
Stroking it...

I have had chiptorque chasing a very similar issue for a few days, mine are not msd but I was told that the AU coil failure rate is very low... which seems a lil strange..I was ready to replace mine after 80 000k's. With an intermittent failure that is only apparent on the dyno / bench - its down to coil / ECU / Chip, maybe the coil is worth the expense for what may be a minimal improvement..

Although I had a crushed wire to the coil, this was causing the most problems for me initially...
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
Anyone had a faulty one yet?
I tend to steer clear of tree's... :
Old 08-04-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

lol, yeah me too now, but earlier ;)
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post