Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 
Default Quiet observation: Ford V's Holden forums...

It should be pointed out, that a small difference between the two largest brand forums (LS1 and AFF).

Its not the brand supported, the car's driven or the colour of the blood we bleed...

Its the attitude.

On the front page of the "pub" section of this vary forum, we have not one, but three separate threads tirelessly arguing and moaning about the same story.

Falcon sales.

Every month we have the vfacts thread, with back-and-forth about how ford isn't doing anything right, falcons dead, this needs to be done.

-April VFacts.. Falcon !!!!!!
-April VFACTs - Ford's numbers
-Suggestions on how to lift Aussie-made car sales

While the intentions of the latter thread may be noble, the stink crawls in about what ford is not doing, how the advertising is lacking etc.

You don't see this on the LS1 forums, you could say the vibe is more "positive".

What have Ford, and its falcon got a chance when the largest Ford forum in Australia, drags it through the mud on a monthly basis?

Food for thought.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Quite observation: Ford V's Holden forums...

great majority of the sooks arent FORD people... they just come on here to bag and sook...
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Quiet observation: Ford V's Holden forums...

i reckon your right pottery, you get the same dudes bagging the product at every opportunity.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose I am one of the people inferred as bagging Ford every month. The Forum is supposed to be a place for discussion, is it not? Discussions are two way..positive and negative comments. I own two Fords and have owned Fords most of my life (5 Falcons, 1 Fairlane, 2 Fiestas)..Ford has lost interest in the FALCON..they promote the Euro's constantly..Falcon??????
My post..April V Facts isn't me, its cut and paste.. I added Falcon !!!! as sales aren't good. Ford really needs to sort out the dealerships.\
eg..Wife and I went to a Euro car dealer, yesterday, was offered a coffee or tea on entering. Left with car info about half a centremetre thick, since then, We have had, an email and two sms's asking if need any more info etc.
Local Ford dealer on enquiring about a Focus Titanium...sounds of silence...sales person hasn't done any follow up...etc..
So, its not a case bagging Ford for the fun of it, just the sheer frustration that FORD doesn't seem to care about what the FORD/dealers are doing...
Because of how the wife and I were treated by the Euro car dealer, we are now interested in their car and the Focus is off the radar...
So, people have their opinions and if only positive comments are posted here, it would be a boring site. I like reading different peoples opinions.
Off the Soap Box...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not going to slag LS1 but I've read the forum for many years and I disagree completely.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Because in general, GMH supporters are sheep and cant think for themselves. Mind you some of the comments on Fords FB page boggle my mind, we have some monkeys in our ranks aswell.

/wide generalization thats close enough to the truth

While I am suspect on many members agendas, have no doubt that some of us that have the "audacity" to perhaps say something we dont feel is right with Ford should be seen as passion for a brand. Because if you are anything like me it is painful to see what is happening. FoA is better than that.

I find the VFACTS threads actually interesting until it turns to poo. I like to see what is happening in the market place instead of playing ostrich.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #7
Chopped
as in chopped

When I visited LS1 about a month ago, they were all bagging HSV for the E3s styling (understandable).
Whinging that HSV hasn't done an engine with more power than FPV.
Whinging that HSV has lost touch with it's core group of buyers.
Praising FPV and AMG for making quick cars.
Crying that Holden hasn't really changed the look of the commodore for 6 years.
Complaining about the quality of the cheap, dated interior and other known VE problems.....

I didn't see any crying about the lack of advertising though !

I think Aussies just love having a whinge (I know I do sometimes)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
It should be pointed out, that a small difference between the two largest brand forums (LS1 and AFF).
Its not the brand supported, the car's driven or the colour of the blood we bleed...
Its the attitude.
On the front page of the "pub" section of this vary forum, we have not one, but three separate threads tirelessly arguing and moaning about the same story.
Falcon sales.
Every month we have the vfacts thread, with back-and-forth about how ford isn't doing anything right, falcons dead, this needs to be done.
-April VFacts.. Falcon !!!!!!
-April VFACTs - Ford's numbers
-Suggestions on how to lift Aussie-made car sales
While the intentions of the latter thread may be noble, the stink crawls in about what ford is not doing, how the advertising is lacking etc.
You don't see this on the LS1 forums, you could say the vibe is more "positive".
What have Ford, and its falcon got a chance when the largest Ford forum in Australia, drags it through the mud on a monthly basis?
Food for thought.
And did you actually read any of the LS1 forums

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...the-first-time!

http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthre...edictions-quot
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

I think forums are always going to have an element of what might be perceived as 'negative discussion' but it's how things get developed and changed. Without forums like this talking about what we do and don't like how do the manufacturers know what to change?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

I do agree.
There are issues within Ford, but the way it gets said around here and how often does become very old very quick. And it tends to be the same crap going in circles were HulkBA becomes a breath of fresh air with his fun threads.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #11
prydey
Rob

it seems every thread with ford in the title is destined for the same path.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

If Ford Aus had the right people running dealerships and a decent product at the right price point it wouldn't be in dire straits and there would be no whinging. Ford will be import only by 2020: Falcon dead, Territory replacement built in China/Thailand, Mondeo dropped due to uncompetitive price point, Fiesta, Focus and commercials all that will be left. The horse has bolted for Ford Aus and thousands of innocent Aussie workers will suffer because of years of chronic mismanagement.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebilda

lol, one thread laughing at Motor's widely accepted poor interpretations, and one vfacts thread that feature very little product bashing...besides questioning the VF update arrival...

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Funny you say that, because...next post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
If Ford Aus had the right people running dealerships and a decent product at the right price point it wouldn't be in dire straits and there would be no whinging. Ford will be import only by 2020: Falcon dead, Territory replacement built in China/Thailand, Mondeo dropped due to uncompetitive price point, Fiesta, Focus and commercials all that will be left. The horse has bolted for Ford Aus and thousands of innocent Aussie workers will suffer because of years of chronic mismanagement.

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #15
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Just quietly - WGAF!!!!!

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of the usual suspects...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #17
prydey
Rob

like moths to a flame
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
lol, one thread laughing at Motor's widely accepted poor interpretations, and one vfacts thread that feature very little product bashing...besides questioning the VF update arrival...

No, just two forums picked at random in a brief 30 second check. But then again if you look at the current 380 people in LS1 forums, to the 1200 currently in AFF, then you may also get 3 times the criticisms in AFF.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #19
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Without singling you out in particular, how do comments like these help at at?

Its pretty obvious who is here for a stir, you either ignore them or report the post if its blatantly ridiculous with no substance.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #20
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

MY FORDS ROCK!!!!!!!....

/end
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #21
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Without singling you out in particular, how do comments like these help at at?

Its pretty obvious who is here for a stir, you either ignore them or report the post if its blatantly ridiculous with no substance.
i think both our posts are about as helpful as each other. you could have just heeded your own advice.

i just hope a lot of these 'ford fans' don't support their footy club the same way. so much for taking the bad times with the good and staying loyal to your club (ford). seems to me many 'fans' hit a rough patch and run a mile.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #22
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Simple. If Ford had the people, the product and the price there wouldn't be an issue. Dealerships (eg Dale Ford) don't close when things are going well. Truth does hurt sometimes, but facts always outweigh rhetoric..
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #23
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Simple. If Ford had the people, the product and the price there wouldn't be an issue. Dealerships (eg Dale Ford) don't close when things are going well. Truth does hurt sometimes, but facts always outweigh rhetoric..
ford have the people - check
ford have the product - check
ford have the price - check

not sure where your issue is. my dealer is fantastic. has even done me a few freebies. can't speak highly enough of him. prices are on par with the market they are in, and sometimes cheaper regarding falcon.

most issues, esp the ones you read about on the interweb, get blown massively out of proportion. often its due to people who are happy with their cars not being bothered taking the time to submit feedback. people that have issues, regardless of how small, always find time to vent and are therefore largely over represented in the big scheme of things. ford sell over 1000 falcons a month and if someone hears 3 of them have had issues, suddenly its a lemon. also, many just like the sound of their own voice.

manufacturing in this country is under threat from all sides. its not just the auto industry. maybe if everyone opened their eyes and took their falcon blinkers off they would realise that its not just ford and falcon that are under siege.

constantly bagging them on an internet forum is hardly helping the cause.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
HUNTER8

Quote:
If Ford don't have the product then explain how Focus and Fiesta were 2 of the biggest selling cars in the world last year??

P.S. When are you buying that mazda?

Last edited by HUNTER8; 03-05-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: can't spell
HUNTER8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #25
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Ford Australia do have the people ..... you should have a look into the company rather than look at it. There are hundreds that have been trained here and are sent to all corners of the globe. It is a great training area because of the work done here by Ford AU and many come from overseas to be trained. Go to Ford ZA and you think you are in Australia as there is more Aussies and Kiwis there than you can poke a stick at. ALOT of the world platforms are being developed here.

I have read alot of your posts and a couple of problems for you just keeps getting repeated. Dealers ........ there are good and bad. Have dealt with heaps of them .... some bad, most good. I have had over 40 FORDS so far .... many have been new. Some have had issues, most haven't. Have had Euros and most have had issues, some haven't .... get the drift?

There is just sooooooo many dealers out there. Find one you are happy with (as long as your expectations are normal .... ie: get ball joints replaced then get on with life) then things can be rosy.

Agenda's are not good, especially those negative ones ....... life's too short.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
RAPID_BA
Banned

I cant really comment as the ls1 forums....they wont let me in.

I went on there a few years back and said the xr6t made the ls1/ls2 defunct.

I was banned for 184 years. If im around in 2194 ill log in to see whats going on.

maybe us ford people are too spoilt, turbo 6, supercharged 8, turbo focus and mondeo, nice utes.

Its not about the hsv vs fpv, instead its f6 vs GT
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #27
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Whats funny is the similar views. They say the exact same things on there that we do on here. From the product bashing to the "why wont HSV/FPV give us what we want" to the one eyed brand following. There is no point saying one forum is better than the other.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #28
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I cant really comment as the ls1 forums....they wont let me in.

I went on there a few years back and said the xr6t made the ls1/ls2 defunct.

I was banned for 184 years. If im around in 2194 ill log in to see whats going on.

maybe us ford people are too spoilt, turbo 6, supercharged 8, turbo focus and mondeo, nice utes.

Its not about the hsv vs fpv, instead its f6 vs GT

Welcome back brother!
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Ford Australia do have the people[/URL]
Yep, we keep on getting product devopment here aswell.

T6 ranger is a million years ahead of the old version.

Us aussies have the know how!

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #30
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Ah, the Holden supporters are all happy now that Commodore is staying to around for another five years....
even though it sold around 2,200 units last month...

IMO, Holden jumped off the cliff first but Ford is wondering whether to follow them into the icy water below...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post