Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: Series I, II or III?
AU series I 381 31.23%
AU series II 472 38.69%
AU series III 397 32.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1220. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #20
red_hotxr6
Banned

Default Re: AU series 1, 2, or 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Interceptor View Post
Hi OffRoadFalcon.
I actually like the Altezza rear lights, but the original lights are carefully packed in a box. The car always seemed to have too much red at the back, so that is the reason for the clear tail lights.
I have only seen one other red back, but when the AU1 was released Ford had some higher performance packs available. As far as I know the Red back was purely an AU1 thing, but it came out of the Tickford complex. As to who same up with the idea, you could be right when you say some dealers. They would have had to get Ford to approve it though, but I remember it being listed in the high spec section of the dealers cars that were available for special order.It was only after I saw a picture did I say that I had to have one. I do know that Tickford only made around 100 of them. As to the car itself, it has an extremely light kerb weight, so the power to weight ratio would be high. It is not a car to be driven in the wet as there is a secondary module under the bonnet that allows the car to have a reasonable highway fuel usage, but if you are in race mode then the thing kicks in at about 2500 rpm and give a boost like my WRX used to. If it is wet and it does that, it loses the rear wheel traction. It does have 1 claim to fame though. I had a mate who bought a BA GT with the 290Kw engine. Because those 5.4 litre GT's weighed at least half a ton more, I knocked off the GT twice out of 2 runs at Tocumwal airstrip. He kept saying I must have cheated, hence the second run. You may note that I said I had a mate, because he still thinks I cheated.
So there is a bit about it. They were all black, came out of Tickford as a special order, and were tricked up to go fast.. Thanks for showing interest, but you did say "pic's or it doesn't exist".
Where are the pictures?????????????
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post