Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #181
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: diesel cars in decline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Becuase it is the Ford motor company & not the Falcon motor company... No point in FORD investing money in R&D if it will not increase FORD sales!!

So a Falcon Ute taking sales from every other manufacturer wouldn't increase Ford sales????
And the same for a Falcon sedan taking sales from Commode, Camry, Priass & Hyundai?
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #182
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz

So a Falcon Ute taking sales from every other manufacturer wouldn't increase Ford sales????
And the same for a Falcon sedan taking sales from Commode, Camry, Priass & Hyundai?
Holden Ute and Falcon Ute are clearly pitched at a different demographic to the conventional 4X2 Cab Chassis Pick up diesel Truck.

Commodore an falcon still take the lion's share of large car sales, it's a same that segment is in such steep decline.
I doubt whether any replacement vehicle would fair better than either of the locals, it's a sign of the times...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #183
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Not only that, but the Commo and Falcon utes are pitched at slightly different demographics to each other. I know that I often complain about the Commodore's remote steering, but the Commodore and Falcon utes are a much sportier drive than anything on the dual cab market.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #184
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
Holden Ute and Falcon Ute are clearly pitched at a different demographic to the conventional 4X2 Cab Chassis Pick up diesel Truck.

Commodore an falcon still take the lion's share of large car sales, it's a same that segment is in such steep decline.
I doubt whether any replacement vehicle would fair better than either of the locals, it's a sign of the times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i OHC
Not only that, but the Commo and Falcon utes are pitched at slightly different demographics to each other. I know that I often complain about the Commodore's remote steering, but the Commodore and Falcon utes are a much sportier drive than anything on the dual cab market.
Irrelevant to the argument at hand.
The original notions I took exception to were firstly the public’s irrational view that Diesel was ok in some cars, but not others,
And secondly people’s idea that making more Ford models would only take sales from other Ford models and not from their competitors.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post