Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-02-2009, 02:04 PM   #91
porkoman
I want the fastest fiesta

doesn't that hit the bonnet cause i had one done and it hit the bonnet every time a closed it and the little braket snapped off eventually, now i put the stock box that looses about 3kw back on.
porkoman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #92
NJM586

hi porkoman no it doesn't hit the bonnet it only vibrates on the lock from the bonnet but people im actually selling it as im purchasing the new fiesta if anyone wants it please let me no or msg me on 0433306641
NJM586 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #93
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

How much do you want for it NJM?

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #94
NJM586

Hi Twinpiston,

Im not going to lie the reason i took it of was because i couldnt find away to stop the rattle everytime i started the car don't get me wrong when driving you don't hear the rattle its only when you take off in 1st but apart from that its perfect you just have to fiddle around with it to find the right spot and the rattle is not from the bonnet it is from the bonnet lock itself the small thin black piece !!! im willing to get rid of it for $100 that includes Simota Air filter red heat shield 2 silicone hose's and 2 and a quarter pipe (stainless steel) who ever wants it please let me know.
Old 27-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #95
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

This is the same unit in the pics earlier in this thread?

Only problem I have is postage will be a killer.

Any body coming from Campbelltown to Brisbane?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM   #96
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Alright, last of the induction changes...... haha :
last w.e. finished creating the enclosed pod shield, its now basically like a $40 K&N Apollo instead of $200+, although i doubt it keeps as much heat out as an Apollo setup, but its still better than the half shield i had before .

Not so sure on the chrome cover, that was just the colour the shield is. maybe thinking of spraying it, but was wondering on thoughts on how the chrome may also reflect heat??? dunno...

Just fixed the shield together with some home-job brackets and cut a section out that matches the inlet size at the grille. So now it has two air inlet points counting the pipe directing cold-air from the bottom fog grille.

Also made up a bracket (sprayed black) you can see fixed to where the first screw held the stock air-box on.
Also changed the SAAS Urethane pod to a K&N RR 3003 Universal (same size).
Phew.......

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #97
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Well done that man.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #98
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

None too shabby!!
Wouldn't mind trying one out myself! What are the parts? :]
Old 09-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #99
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

just got two (come in halfs) pod filter shields from rico-barn. I already had the silicon hose adaptors. I made the bracket for the piping out of a down-pipe bracket and sprayed it black. the fixings for the two halfs i made out of brackets i found at bunnings and then just pop-riveted them into place. And bought the new pod filter (K&N RR 3003) and one more hose clamp.
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #100
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Looks very nice....
Old 15-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #101
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Nice work man. I've done almost exactly the same thing.
Can't be bothered to take photos; it's freezing outside (good CAI weather).

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #102
NJM586

Hey guys,

Well from my last post i have had trouble with my custom air intake as the metal kept vibrating on my bonnet lock (small black lock lever) and in sydney traffic it annoyed the living hell out off me so till then i have been thinking how i can stop this today shoping at super cheap i came across a boot (cv joint boot from a holden) and wondered it it would work so i bought it. what i did was cut the intake pipe and placed the boot between both pipes as can be seen in the pictures this now stops the vibration but still sounds great !!!!!

I have also put a induction pipe from the right side fog light hole up to the air filter as can be seen in the pictures below for a little fun i can remove the fog light cover or for everyday travelling i can cover it up !!!!! when driving if i drive normal 2500 - 3000 rpm the engine sounds normal any rpm after that holy crap the engine opens up and it sounds like it is a 2lt and feels heaps more responsive i have added pictures tell me what you guys think

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9598/18032009089.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6425/18032009093.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3943/18032009094n.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8313/18032009096.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/3134/18032009099y.jpg
Old 19-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #103
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

Looks like a good set up. I'm really wanting to buy a universal apollo kit for the fun of it. then when i switch cars i can just transfer it over. but i was thinking of doing the same thing with the induction pipe. have one coming up from an empty fog light space (since one of my ebay fogs is bung anyway). What i'd probably suggest is buying a fog light bezel. That way, you could still have the pipe open to air whilst doing your daily commute without the area looking so bare.

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #104
NJM586

hey chinw3e,

I actually have one on order i pick it up tommorow
i will post better pictures as the ones above are from my phone
Old 20-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #105
NJM586

hey guys

Updated pics tell me what you think

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/271...26pijplijq.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6434/sdc10128.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9561/sdc10129h.jpg

Last edited by NJM586; 20-03-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 20-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #106
chinw3e
no sacrifice, no victory

very neat. might have to go buy the set up now haha

Eibach Lowering Springs, Wiecher Sports Strut Brace, K&N panel filter, fog lights, crystal black side indicators, car mats, tinted windows
chinw3e is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #107
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Where did you find the Apollo NJM? and is their a way you can get it higher, closer to the original air intake?

Cheers
Old 21-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #108
NJM586

hey Twinpiston

i actually got the apollo from ebay it is a simota air filter
and yeah that can be done all i would have to do is cut the piping were it starts curving downwards !!! reason i did it this way was to basiclly hide it away
Old 21-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #109
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

very nice setup mate.
Old 23-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #110
NJM586

thanks zetec jim,

yeah im very happy with the set up i have noticed a drop in engine noise especially on the highway doing 100kms it has dropped to 2850 to 2900 rpm from the stock 3100 rpm and the sound is great
Old 23-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #111
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Fellas,

Can some please tell where you guys are getting the cold air pipes from?? My K&N Apollo one has crapped itself.
Old 23-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #112
NJM586

Hey MISTA FIESTA,

If you are talking about the air induction (silver pipe in my pics at the bottom feeding from fog light hole to air filter) then i got it from super cheap i no i have seen them in auto pro and repco as well but if you talikng about the actual air filter pipe then i got mine custom so cannot help you there !!!!
Old 23-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #113
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

i just bought some PVC flexihose from Clarke-Rubber. but i've seen them in rico-barn (ones with metal rings for extra hold)
Old 24-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #114
Ben85

Very nice setup mate, especially if you dont have fog lights. I ended up tossing the whole pod filter idea out the window and went and bought myself a BMC CDA, a lot neater, and a lot less hassle i decided.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2009, 11:09 PM   #115
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Hey so I just bought my new WS Fiesta 1.4L Zetec
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11257069

Here is a pic of the engine which I found on car sales

Do you think I could do some sort of CAI like you guys have? (when I actually GET the car!)

Cheers
Vision Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #116
Ben85

Where is the pic mate? If i were you i wouldnt go past a BMC CDA. They look neat and give great gains. A little expense, but i think they are worth it, also Autobahn sell a variant to this made by DRIFT, you could look into that.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #117
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Oh yeah lol, forgot the pic!

So where can I get the BMC CDA? And who has one that I can look at and talk to? cheers
Old 20-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #118
Ben85

I've got one champ, if you look through the thread you'll see several pictures i have posted with numerous different set ups with the pod filter, i changed it to a BMC CDA and never looked back. They sell them at Autobahn for around $400, or you can buy the DRIFT version for $200. I'm not sure as to wat the differences are.

There isnt much room in that engine bay is there!!! By the look of it the throttle body is front right, right next to the intake. You'd have to take it an Autobahn and do some measurements. Where abouts do you live? I live in liverpool and have one fitted to my WQ if you want to have a look, i'll try and post a pic. If you can go to Autobahn Bankstown they are helpful.

Old 20-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #119
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Thanks anyway mate but I live in east Melbourne!

Ok cool well its still a little while off before I can touch the motor for two reasons,
1) I assume I should run in the motor a little before modifying it... yeah?
2) Have to wait till it gets in my hands!! :/
Old 20-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #120
Ben85

Yea i'd probably wait till after your first service, ie 15000, or atleast until after the complimentary service at 3000. I'll try and post some pics when i get a chance.