Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-07-2021, 06:52 PM   #721
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Has anyone used the "new" formula of Eagle One Wax As U Dry?

I used it quite frequently in the past about a year ago, every 2-3rd wash. Spray on after washing, whist the car is still wet, then dry with a towel. The result was amazing every time, to the point where I would get compliments from strangers when parked or at the servo (but only when they were standing 10-20 metres away ) The shine would last a good 3-4 weeks.

I stopped using it when the mate that put me onto it said they changed the formula and its no longer great. I noticed the packaging had changed slightly.

I moved to Turtle Seal n Shine. Results have been good, not as fantastic as the Eagle, and doesn't seem to last as long.

Considering switching back to Eagle?

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-07-2021, 06:56 PM   #722
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Just a little bit more info on Scholl S20 Black.

This product is considered a One-Step polish so extreme cutting power will be somewhat limited.

Having said that, Waxit have this on their site -

"S20 Black is a revolutionary one step compound by Scholl that has the ability to cut almost as good as S3 and finish similarly to S30+ when used on a Scholl Blue Spider Universal cutting pad. You can also use this compound very well with the Lake Country HDO Pads, specifically the Blue and the Orange."

These product charts might make polish and pad selection easier -

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #723
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok ignorant question time:

In the Scholl image above they recommend the use of orange/white/blue pads to suit different polishes.

Are these colour uses the same for all pad manufacturers? If I were to buy an orange Lake Country pad would it be the same as an orange pad from Gyeon or Mint for example?
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2021, 07:50 PM   #724
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR View Post

In the Scholl image above they recommend the use of orange/white/blue pads to suit different polishes.

Are these colour uses the same for all pad manufacturers? If I were to buy an orange Lake Country pad would it be the same as an orange pad from Gyeon or Mint for example?
Confusingly, no.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2021, 08:00 PM   #725
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Talking Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
THIS.

This is an extremely underated comment. I polished / waxed my car in August 2020 and since then ive just been periodically using a combination of Bowdens Own Fully Slick and Happy Ending.

Polishing is Hard Work!! Especially as i have compressed nerves in my spine so afterwards i cant feel my second and last fingers for a dew days afterwards.

With these products, i havent even though about polishing my car yet, and the water just beads off still.
Its been a few months since applying the last coat of polish. There's a decent buildup of hydrophobic coating on the paint now, making washing so much easier. A quick splash of detailer and its good to go.

Very happy with this. Now just need a nice ute or mustang to work on....

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-07-2021, 08:45 PM   #726
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR View Post

Finally a smart question, and its a big NO, you have to buy that particular companies products, guess what, they ain't cheap and I'd guess made in Asia not Germany, could be wrong there, but I somehow doubt it.
I have white, green, orange and black all from Asia, no matter where or from whom I bought them.

Chilly Beers
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #727
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://youtu.be/dlRUvxZS87Q

Round two of the sealant show off.
Old 29-07-2021, 08:13 PM   #728
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I noticed today that Car Care Products are introducing 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating to the Australian market.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/3...ing-458ml.html

I'm not sure how I feel about these new coatings that contain graphene. Apparently the amount of actual graphene in these products is minimal. Also, the claims of lowers paint surface temperatures that help to reduce water-spotting are yet to be proved. That said, I know of people that have used 303 Graphene and have been very impressed with the application and durability.

Despite being a detailing product slut, I'm not sure I'm ready to rush out and try this stuff yet.
I see Autobarn and Supercheap are now retailing this product.

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-...10ML/p/CC08018
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ml/617014.html
Mustang GT

Old 29-07-2021, 09:53 PM   #729
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't remember where I read or watched it, as it was a while ago now.
It was asked of CarPro why they did not have a Graphene Based Product in their lineup, or if they had one coming.
They did not believe in it, or have something better coming apparently.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2021, 10:42 PM   #730
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Finally a smart question, and its a big NO, you have to buy that particular companies products, guess what, they ain't cheap and I'd guess made in Asia not Germany, could be wrong there, but I somehow doubt it.
I have white, green, orange and black all from Asia, no matter where or from whom I bought them.

Chilly Beers
Where is your sandpaper made?
Old 30-07-2021, 09:55 PM   #731
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Has anyone here used or own a Tornador?

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/tornador

I'm thinking the "Basic" version would be good for cleaning out floor mats and blowing out polishing pads.
Mustang GT

Old 31-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #732
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have only seen good things with these.
It would just depend on if you wanted the one you posted or the Black version that they are out of.
I think there is a vacuum type version as well that is not listed there.

Could do with one at the moment to blow the sanded paint smell out of my Mustang which has just returned from the smash repairs.
Old 31-07-2021, 05:20 PM   #733
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://youtu.be/Cdmgzl21In8

Some very interesting results in this update.
Turtles product and Carpros product proving to be very disappointing. Not even lasting a week by the looks of it.
Old 31-07-2021, 07:23 PM   #734
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I've always used Menzerna and been happy with results or so I thought, but I decided to try Scholl from Waxit and what a difference this product is thus far, although I haven't done a complete detail with stages yet on any of my vehicles, I have however done a trail on some panels etc, and the process is much better then what I've been using in the past, I also bought the rotary polisher from them along with the mini kit. I'm eagerly awaiting some good weather and time free when I can go to town and really get a good understanding on these products, but so far I'm very impressed.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #735
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
I've always used Menzerna and been happy with results or so I thought, but I decided to try Scholl from Waxit and what a difference this product is thus far, although I haven't done a complete detail with stages yet on any of my vehicles, I have however done a trail on some panels etc, and the process is much better then what I've been using in the past, I also bought the rotary polisher from them along with the mini kit. I'm eagerly awaiting some good weather and time free when I can go to town and really get a good understanding on these products, but so far I'm very impressed.
The first thing I noticed when I changed from Menzerna to Scholl was the reduction in dust.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2021, 09:14 PM   #736
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
The first thing I noticed when I changed from Menzerna to Scholl was the reduction in dust.
It's funny you say that, I was going to mention that in my initial post above, yes you are right as it was one of the first things I noticed as well and the ease in which the Scholl wipes away with a micro fibre cloth.
I was for ever turning and shaking out a single cloth with Menzerna and had to use numerous ones on just one job, I think I'd get a whole car done easily with out much residue (dust) on the cloth with the Scholl.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #737
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I've been really impressed with the Scholl products. I've given my dad a bottle of the S3 Gold to try on his BF, which has some fairly strong swirl marks. So it will be interesting to see how it goes.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #738
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I have only seen good things with these.
It would just depend on if you wanted the one you posted or the Black version that they are out of.
I think there is a vacuum type version as well that is not listed there.

Could do with one at the moment to blow the sanded paint smell out of my Mustang which has just returned from the smash repairs.
Just ordered a Tornador Basic, I don't want or need the chemical application aspect of the Classic or Black versions.

Also ordered a new Kwazar Mercury sprayer head for the one I dropped and broke today.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...placement-head
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...20034637299801

I love these sprayers, mainly because they look so good lined up in my cabinet.

They are also good in use too, the double action makes them more effective. I prefer the 500ml size as the larger 1000ml can be a bit heavy when full.
Mustang GT

Old 03-08-2021, 10:26 PM   #739
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

agree 500ml is big enough for home use unless your a commercial type of business.

Question none have covered much and in all my time spending on the interior exterior I have not done much at all engine bay/engine.
Especially on my Sprint having bought new and its lack of use not a daily an never in the rain.
So its just dusty and I'm always scared of the electrics/wiring thinking re water spraying in there.
Whats the go fellas ?
Your tips re products, and more so what to cover if needed re protecting electrics etc and how to clean off with what ?
Are you using the hose at low pressure ?
I have large gurnie with the varying adaptors/nozzles.
Miami engine.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 12:20 AM   #740
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Modern cars are pretty water proof under the hood. At the dealership I work at every mechanic pressure washes the engine after servicing. It’s very rare for it to cause any issues.
I use Bowdens snow foam and the pressure washer to clean my Mustang engine bay. I have also squirted a bit of degreaser around as well and use brushes on stubborn dirt like my Territory around the timing cover.
The worst engines for water getting in them are BA-BF Barras. You want to go easy on them with the pressure washer.
FG-FG-X they seemed to sealed up a lot better.
Blast away.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #741
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Modern cars are pretty water proof under the hood. At the dealership I work at every mechanic pressure washes the engine after servicing. It’s very rare for it to cause any issues.
I use Bowdens snow foam and the pressure washer to clean my Mustang engine bay. I have also squirted a bit of degreaser around as well and use brushes on stubborn dirt like my Territory around the timing cover.
The worst engines for water getting in them are BA-BF Barras. You want to go easy on them with the pressure washer.
FG-FG-X they seemed to sealed up a lot better.
Blast away.
haha love it and Thankyou, so no worries it seems......
I'll snow bomb and use the spray nozzle of the gerni.
Thanks again I feel more comfortable.
Old 04-08-2021, 06:35 PM   #742
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
agree 500ml is big enough for home use unless your a commercial type of business.

Question none have covered much and in all my time spending on the interior exterior I have not done much at all engine bay/engine.
Especially on my Sprint having bought new and its lack of use not a daily an never in the rain.
So its just dusty and I'm always scared of the electrics/wiring thinking re water spraying in there.
Whats the go fellas ?
Your tips re products, and more so what to cover if needed re protecting electrics etc and how to clean off with what ?
Are you using the hose at low pressure ?
I have large gurnie with the varying adaptors/nozzles.
Miami engine.
I did 4 engine bay details over the lockdown period that I posted in my thread, all of which I did not use water.

https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=1273
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=1280
https://www.fordforums.com.au/showpo...postcount=1298

I'm not big of using a pressure washer or hose on the engine bay, even though I know it is generally safe. At the end of the day, I get the results I wan't from using a combination of APC and a detail spray, some brushes, microfibre towels and compressed air.

These video's are worth a look in you intend on using water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwNqTFGyRiA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZpuvfxpP4

In general, his method is to spray the entire engine bay down with APC, agitate with brushes where necessary before hosing it all down. He then follows up with a dressing sprayed all over while the engine bay is still wet, allowing to dry naturally before giving it a quick wipe over to clean up any high spots.
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 04-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #743
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Cheers buddy
I’ll review everything and decide what suits me best.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:13 PM   #744
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Some more Waxit goodness arrived for me yesterday.

Included was the Tornador Basic.

Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 06-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #745
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In response to the what to clean / detail an engine bay with.

1 x Can of Armour All Tyre Foam or Equivalent $5 - $10.
You want the ones that foam and clean.

Spray entire engine bay and leave for 5-10 mins.
Spray a 2nd coat and leave for 5-10mins.

Using a high pressure Air Blow Gun - (Actually the Tornador above would be even better) , blow off all the excess foam and gunk in the engine bay.

Wipe everything clean with an old cloth.

Presto - Brand New Engine Bay with no worries of water ingress.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-08-2021, 12:12 AM   #746
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://youtu.be/rb_ZLY-BqX0

Never knew this was a possibility. Impressive results with a Dry Ice machine on cleaning a car.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #747
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
https://youtu.be/rb_ZLY-BqX0

Never knew this was a possibility. Impressive results with a Dry Ice machine on cleaning a car.
Dry Ice cleaning seems to be the latest trend in Detailing at the moment. Although I think it will be a while before this is an affordable option for many.........

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...leaning-system
Mustang GT

Old 07-08-2021, 07:54 PM   #748
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Dry Ice cleaning seems to be the latest trend in Detailing at the moment. Although I think it will be a while before this is an affordable option for many.........

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...leaning-system
Oh my $10k….
Old 07-08-2021, 07:58 PM   #749
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Oh my $10k….
Yep, and then the matter of getting dry ice.
Mustang GT

Old 14-08-2021, 02:18 PM   #750
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Hope this falls under "detailing"....

There is something on a section of my windshield that causes "frost" or "mist" to stick. Makes morning driving on cold days a bit iffy. It takes a good 10 min or so of driving to clear it up.

The wipers are still good, they are bosch aerotwins, and does the job when its raining. It clears when I use the wipers, but then frosts up again pretty much within a couple of seconds later. The section in green is where I'm talking about. The other part of the windscreen where you can see the big wiper mark is fine. Washing the car or cleaning with windex doesn't seem to achieve anything. Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport
I was getting something like this in my daily. You're right it gets dicey on frosty mornings. Assumed it was a build up of grease/ diesel/ grime. I gave it a hit of prep wash and it seems to have worked.........

Just a quick update as I managed to solve the window residue issue.

I cleaned the outside windscreen with bowdens naked glass, and at the same time filled the washer bottle with half a bottle of stoner's invisible glass fluid. I'm not sure which product did it, but the problem is now gone.

Where there are usually water marks, that I couldn't even wash off, that has also now gone. Unbelievable. Prior to that, I had tried scrubbing with detergent, degreaser and windex.....nothing worked.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: