Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #1
hoppo366

Thumbs down Top Quality

Went to the Brisbane Motor Show today and there were alot of nice cars however one thing that did stand out was the top build quality of the Mitsubishi 380 especially the clear version of the tail lights. The Hyundai's accross from them were made better. Sorry but its a bad pick, you can see the silicon that holds the clear cover on oozing out under the cover. the silicon on my XF's rocker cover is neater.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg X7000082.JPG (27.2 KB, 169 views)
hoppo366 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
aimzes
...fairly odd

if thats the only fault you found then big woop. having owned magnas and driven a few 380s my opinion is that they have always had better build qual in and out compared to falcs and comms. im not gonna get into why ill take a falcon over one here though, its been done to death.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

geeee.. have a bi-atch hoppo
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #4
hoppo366

sorry got abit overboard, didn't really mean to say that the whole car was built badly rest of the car seemed pretty good, just didn't seem to good to have the tail lights like that when there on the VRX and GT models and you pay more for them and if u compare them to the red ones on the base model you'll find the red ones much better.
hoppo366 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #5
Falcon Freak
Banned

>>>> S T O P P R E S S <<<<<<<<

M i t s u b i s h i A u s t r a l i a c e a s e s p r o d u c t i o n o f t h e 3 8 0. C o m p a n y m a n a g m e n t c i t e p o o r q u a l i t y t a i l l a m p s a s t h e m a i n r e a s o n f o r t h e c a r f a i l i n g t o s e l l i n t h e r e q u i r e d n u m b e r s t o s a v e t h e A u s t r a l i a n M i t s u b i s h i v e h i c l e m a n u f a c t u r i n g d i v i s i o n.

>>>> E N D T R A N S M I S S I O N <<<<<<<<

FF

EDIT - this damn forum does not like multiple spaces being used when formating posts
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppo366
Went to the Brisbane Motor Show today and there were alot of nice cars however one thing that did stand out was the top build quality of the Mitsubishi 380 .
I thought the stand out was the poor presentation of the Bionic F6 on the Ford stand. (And before someone flames me, my new F6 arrives in a few days).

I was proudly showing the features to a mate of mine who's recently bought an SU6 when he pointed out the heavy scratches on the inlet manifold that looked like it had been attacked with a chain. Then he was pointing out a venting tube to the battery and when he touched it, it fell off! I was then pointing out the frontal surfaces that will be covered when I install a brand of stone shield protection and touched the moulding around the fog light, which promptly fell off!

Needless to say, he was unimpressed. I hope mine's assembled better!
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
slipper

After looking at Audis, VWs, Hondas et al, it was a shock to look at the quality of that particular F6. Shut the front passenger door and it sounds like a rattling corrugated iron gate. I had to do it again to make sure I was not dreaming. Hopeless QC for a show car.

Ford must do better, if they want to stop the slide in sales.
slipper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #8
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes, I'd forgotten about the door. My SU6 mate got in the driver's seat and closed the door and it sounded exactly like "slipper" said.
I looked at the number on the console to see if it had a P (pilot build) on it, but it didn't.
I told the sales staff about the state of the car but they didn't even come over for a look.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2006, 11:37 AM   #9
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ford & Holden had shocking quality issues for their cars (except the astra and focus). The falcons (fairmonts, FPV, XR's, etc) and commos had to be put together by play school kids. I was really disgusted by it. The 380 in comparison felt solid. Eventually people are going to get sick of the crap dished out to them from Holden & Ford and go for alternative cars. C'mon guys get some quality happening, it can't be that hard to get people to do their job properly, in certain industries you produce quality like that and you'll never get a contract again.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post