Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default power discrepancy

was looking through the WP Fiesta warranty & service handbook.

And was interested to find the following figures for the manual 1.6L Duratec 16V:

service booklet;

85kw @ 5500rpm
156Nm @ 4400rpm

Redbook/Ford figures;

74kW @ 6000rpm
146Nm @ 4000-4000rpm

:

Are the higher figures due to them maybe measuring engine/flywheel power, and the other figures are drivetrain loss? I thought manufacturers always quoted engine figures...

Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
was looking through the WP Fiesta warranty & service handbook.

And was interested to find the following figures for the manual 1.6L Duratec 16V:

service booklet;

85kw @ 5500rpm
156Nm @ 4400rpm

Redbook/Ford figures;

74kW @ 6000rpm
146Nm @ 4000-4000rpm

:

Are the higher figures due to them maybe measuring engine/flywheel power, and the other figures are drivetrain loss? I thought manufacturers always quoted engine figures...
Are Redbook using the WQ model info versus the WS (not sure about the WP) ....

The WQ is

Engine Specifications:
Engine Type: MULTI POINT F/INJ
Engine Size: 1.6L
Cylinders: INLINE 4
Max. Torque: 146Nm @ 4000rpm
Max. Power: 74kW @ 6000rpm
Power to Weight Ratio: 14.19:1 kW/kg
Bore & Stroke: 79x81.4mm
Compression Ratio: 11.0
Valve Gear: DOHC
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Nah, i looked up WP, and its the same power-plant as the WQ.

BUT, on further inspection...

I had a look at my owners-manual (as apposed to my service-handbook)
and the figures are the same as the redbook or universal figures:

74KW @ 6000rpm
146Nm @ 4000rpm

weird....

Why would they have different figures in the owners-manual and the service-handbook?
Interior: Colour-coded trims. ST leather gear knob w leather gaiter. Brushed Aluminium pedals. Scuff Plates.
Performance: Denso Iridium sparks. CAI. 2" cat-back with Hi-tech stainless muffler & dual chrome tips. Lowered. RSB soon!
Old 22-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec jim
Why would they have different figures in the owners-manual and the service-handbook?
Those are the specs of the new 1.6L.

Do you definitely have your own service handbook and the dealer hasn't dropped in one from a WS ????
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

ah.......................................... yes i'm sure.

Pretty sure i bought this car three years ago (private sale).... and this service book was printed/copyright in 2003 for WP FIESTA!!! Enough in front of production of the WS me thinks.......
Old 22-05-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Ben85

The WQ log book says 74kws and 146nm

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thats what i don't get... why would it be different in the service-book than the owners-manual?
Old 22-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #8
Ben85

That is weird. Mayb candyman was right and they missplaced your old service book so they just gave you another one. Otherwise i have kno idea. If your sure its the right service book ring ford, or go and ask your local ford service centre and see what they kno.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

I'm not all that concerned about it, just thought is was strange. and i doubt that they lost my service book, i'm sure its the old one, i send it to my local mechanic.
can anyone else with a WP Fez check their service-guide booklet? (not the owners manual)
Old 22-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

zetec-jim I can confirm what your saying. my 2004 wp zetec also has 85kw listed. look at the fuel tank size in the book, it says 55l??? maybe some kind of euro spec due to their fuel/temperature?? not sure. but my fuel tank struggles to take 43 l when the orange light comes on.

love your car too mate. mine is a White version with the 16s full body kit, leather gear lever, spoiler, scruff plates, silver bits on the door pulls and hand brake and the xr4 blue stripes! but your body coloured door handles, side strip and grey stripes look the part.
dannyhilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

cheers mate! colour coding the strips and handles isn't at all hard, you should do it, white colour-code would look awesome.

yeah, the tank capacity says 55L in the service book... very strange indeed as the tank is 45L i'm pretty sure.

Twighlight Zone...............
Old 23-05-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Jim, Those Service Booklet figures resemble the Focus LR 1.8 Manual figures. The 2.0 Auto (mine) has slightly more torque, 162nm v 156, in Factory tune and the 162nm is @ 4000 v 4400rpm.

So maybe you have a "freaky" service manual.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

My WP service book said the same thing
Old 23-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

I concur with eddie,

those figures resemble the 1.8ltr "zetec" from the Cl's and lx"s

my guess is that they threw in some pages from the focus' manual for some reason.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 10:46 AM   #15
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah, sounds about right

And here i was thinking there might be a chance of having another magical 10KW.....would have been nice. hehe.