Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Lying mechanic

Booked my car in last week for Thursday to get the power steering fixed. They wanted it there by 8am.
On Wednesday afternoon I rang and said can I bring it now as it was going to be tight getting there at 8am.
"Sorry, we're really full and don't have room to store your car overnight"

No probs, so I rush around like a madman ( had to wait for the tiler to come that was doing our bathroom reno so I could let him in) and had to hassle my brother to pick me up, he's very busy running his business.

Get the car there at 8.20, pretty good, they're still opening up and shuffling cars around so no delays for them.

That afternoon at 2pm I'm going past and see it's in the same spot outside so I rang them to see how it's going "Yeah the boys are looking at it now, should be ready this arvo".

I ring again, "Sorry mate, not ready, lunch time tomorrow".

So I get home from work at 4, get my daughter out of her sick bed to drive me down to pick it up. It's on the hoist with another car under it, so they're not even working on it.
"Sorry mate, it's been a really ****** day, ran out of time, will have it ready tomorrow morning, I'll get the boys straight onto it first thing".

I've been in the shop twice before when I've heard a customer ring up and they say the same thing "The boys are working on your Land Rover now, be ready tomorrow" and I look around and the Land Rover is still out the front.

Now I have had quite a few jobs through them and they're always late getting my car back, now I know why. I'm really happy with their work, but hate been jerked around, they've definitely lost a customer.