Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 24-04-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
milesinfront.com

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Only asking out of curiosity, so ignore it if you don't have the time, but what is the price and availability of an OEM catalytic converter for a 2011 6cyl FG Ute?
milesinfront.com is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesinfront.com View Post
Only asking out of curiosity, so ignore it if you don't have the time, but what is the price and availability of an OEM catalytic converter for a 2011 6cyl FG Ute?
Hi Mate,

Availability is ok at the moment, $800 for a OE Ute cat convertor assuming it petrol, if its LPG then befor 31/5/2011 its $580 after 31/5/2011 $800 also.

GT
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2022, 12:25 PM   #3
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Hi GT,

Is this about right or can u do better? These seem to be single use so I'd probably buy 3-4 or them.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/22226944...3ABFBMntbxh4tg

TIA
Hi mate,

Grab them at that price I can only get for $13 each..

GT
This user likes this post:
Old 29-04-2022, 11:10 AM   #4
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi mate,

Grab them at that price I can only get for $13 each..

GT
Are these still available, if so id like to purchase 2.
The ebay link above OOS.

Sorry.
Its for FG wiper bolt covers.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels

Last edited by DJM83; 29-04-2022 at 11:16 AM.
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2022, 07:56 PM   #5
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Are these still available, if so id like to purchase 2.
The ebay link above OOS.

Sorry.
Its for FG wiper bolt covers.
Yes still available, PM me..
Old 24-04-2022, 12:34 PM   #6
milesinfront.com

Thanks very much!
milesinfront.com is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 01:17 PM   #7
Bam
XB,XF,ZL,EA,EL,BA,SY,SZII

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write up on Air bag installation. 

G'day GT. What sort of price can you do for the following bulk consumables (say 10-packs) including shipping please?...

Engine oil filter AFL-101 (yeah, I know, there are plenty of these on eBay)
Engine oil WSS-M2C929-A 5 Litre (haven't seen these on eBay)
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2022, 04:30 PM   #8
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam View Post
G'day GT. What sort of price can you do for the following bulk consumables (say 10-packs) including shipping please?...

Engine oil filter AFL-101 (yeah, I know, there are plenty of these on eBay)
Engine oil WSS-M2C929-A 5 Litre (haven't seen these on eBay)
Hi mate,

The best I can get AFL101 is $13 each and it does not matter if you buy 1 or 10 the price is the same. eBay prices in this case is below cost that my contact gets for. You are better to get the ones on ebay for less than $10.

Genuine oil that meets that spec now has a part number of AX05W30A6LFD and is $80 for 5L. I think there are some bit cheaper on eBay.

Freight will depend on size and weight of package. One air filter would be around $10, box of 10 guessing around $15. Oil due to its size and weight would be around $20 but that is a pure guess until I have exact dimensions/weights etc.

GT
Old 07-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #9
Bam

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write up on Air bag installation. 

Much obliged GT.

Double that amount for freight would be okay by me for 40kg of oil, but WSS-M2C929-A only cost about $30 for 5L when I last bought it a year ago, so I might see if I can find out what's going on with that.
Thanks for confirming the situation with AFL-101 filters.

Bam
Old 07-05-2022, 09:33 PM   #10
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam View Post
Much obliged GT.

Double that amount for freight would be okay by me for 40kg of oil, but WSS-M2C929-A only cost about $30 for 5L when I last bought it a year ago, so I might see if I can find out what's going on with that.
Thanks for confirming the situation with AFL-101 filters.

Bam
The WSSM2C929A5L has been replaced by AX05W30A6LFD and increased for the $30 odd to the $80 odd..
Old 15-05-2022, 07:31 PM   #11
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi GTLEGEND
Can you source genuine FPV front floor mats?
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-05-2022, 11:44 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Hi GTLEGEND
Hi mate,

Have been chasing these also, but unfortunately long gone. Need to keep any eye out on eBay etc etc.

GT
Old 16-05-2022, 10:40 AM   #13
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blem View Post
Hi GTLEGEND
They do come up on ebay every couple of months but you'll need to get your wallet out, usually sell for around 1500-2000.

I've had Matcraft in Perth do replica floor mats for all my cars, their work is very good. Maybe worth swinging them a message.

Last edited by fordomatic; 16-05-2022 at 10:50 AM.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2022, 09:16 AM   #14
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
they do come up on ebay every couple of months but you'll need to get your wallet out, usually sell for around 1500-2000.

I've had matcraft in perth do replica floor mats for all my cars, their work is very good. Maybe worth swinging them a message.
yikes!!!
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2022, 03:03 PM   #15
Bam

Quote:
The WSSM2C929A5L has been replaced by AX05W30A6LFD and increased for the $30 odd to the $80 odd..
Okay, here's what I've figured out so far...

Ford part WSSM2C929A5L was $30-odd for 5L of 5W-30 semi synthetic engine oil that met Ford specification WSS-M2C929-A. That was the exact spec that SY to SZII Territory I6 engines were designed to use, and presumably BF to FG-X Falcon I6 engines too. I can't find any remaining stocks of it anywhere. I suspect that it might have been Mobil Formula S supplied in a Ford container.

Ford part AX05W30A6LFD is $80-odd for 6L of 5W-30 full synthetic engine oil. I can't find any information about the specs it meets, however it is evidently not really a straight replacement for WSSM2C929A5L, and "recommended for" is not the same thing as actually meeting a spec. It'd be handy if someone with a container could confirm what's written on the label.
Old 19-05-2022, 06:21 PM   #16
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For FPV 460:

FG2 V8 Air Cleaner.PNG

FG2 Air Deflectors.PNG
Old 20-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #17
FPV 460

Quote:

Thanks GTL

The air cleaner diagram isnt clear when i view it but it looks as though it may be the small plate and screws that i can see to the left of the air filter in the exploded view.

As far as the other diagram it is a little clearer but i am talking about what is under the 2 CIRCULAR holes that can be seen in part 8C382 on the left and right hand side. Approx 30mm diameter.

cheers
FPV 460 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #18
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam View Post
okay, here's what i've figured out so far...

Ford part wssm2c929a5l was $30-odd for 5l of 5w-30 semi synthetic engine oil that met ford specification wss-m2c929-a. That was the exact spec that sy to szii territory i6 engines were designed to use, and presumably bf to fg-x falcon i6 engines too. I can't find any remaining stocks of it anywhere. I suspect that it might have been mobil formula s supplied in a ford container.

Ford part ax05w30a6lfd is $80-odd for 6l of 5w-30 full synthetic engine oil. I can't find any information about the specs it meets, however it is evidently not really a straight replacement for wssm2c929a5l, and "recommended for" is not the same thing as actually meeting a spec. It'd be handy if someone with a container could confirm what's written on the label.
Oil.PNG
2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2022, 12:25 PM   #19
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Hi GTLEGEND our resident helpful oracle. Per this thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11494373 are the O - rings for the BA and other power steering switches still available separately or only with the switch? Do these O Rings https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27347259...cAAOSwuxhbpBeD also fit the switch?
Old 25-05-2022, 05:27 PM   #20
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Hi GTLEGEND our resident helpful oracle. Per this thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11494373 are the O - rings for the BA and other power steering switches still available separately or only with the switch? Do these O Rings https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27347259...cAAOSwuxhbpBeD also fit the switch?
From what the catalogue says for both BA 6 and V8, the O ring for the power steer switch is not sold separately. I am unable to advise if the O rings in the eBay link fit the switch, it would really need someone to take off the O ring and compare to the said O rings advertised.

If really warranted could most probably arrange in good time.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 25-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #21
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Just a shout out to GTLEGEND for the prompt service ive received for the 2 orders ive placed and about to be 3rd.

Excellent service.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2022, 05:20 PM   #22
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Just a shout out to GTLEGEND for the prompt service ive received for the 2 orders ive placed and about to be 3rd.

Excellent service.
Glad to be of help..
Old 26-05-2022, 03:10 AM   #23
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey GT,

I'm after a price and availability for 5x injectors for my 2014 PX 3.2. Do you need a VIN number to check? I seem to get conflicting info looking online whether there are different injectors depending on year.

Do the injectors come with seals/o-rings?

Also, do the pipes from injector to rail also need to be replaced?

Cheers!
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2022, 07:08 AM   #24
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanovic View Post
Hey GT,

I'm after a price and availability for 5x injectors for my 2014 PX 3.2. Do you need a VIN number to check? I seem to get conflicting info looking online whether there are different injectors depending on year.

Do the injectors come with seals/o-rings?

Also, do the pipes from injector to rail also need to be replaced?

Cheers!
Hi mate,

From what I can see 3.2s up to 6/2015 take only one injector, after this there are two different injectors pending on the electrical package of the engine. A VIN would confirm, but I am pretty sure its only one.

Price I can get injectors for are $600 each, they are usually retail for around $700.

Injector seal and top clip looks like are included in that price.

Work shop manual advises you should also replace fuel lines from injectors to rail, the clamp hold down bolts x 4 and the back leak line O rings.

The lines range from around $40-$60 each pending on which cylinder, the bolts $4.50 each and the leak back seals $15.50 each.

Hope that helps.
Old 27-05-2022, 03:22 AM   #25
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Hi mate,

From what I can see 3.2s up to 6/2015 take only one injector, after this there are two different injectors pending on the electrical package of the engine. A VIN would confirm, but I am pretty sure its only one.

Price I can get injectors for are $600 each, they are usually retail for around $700.

Injector seal and top clip looks like are included in that price.

Work shop manual advises you should also replace fuel lines from injectors to rail, the clamp hold down bolts x 4 and the back leak line O rings.

The lines range from around $40-$60 each pending on which cylinder, the bolts $4.50 each and the leak back seals $15.50 each.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for that, I'll be in touch in a few weeks
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2022, 05:59 PM   #26
gonads

Hi there, Legend of all things GT-related. I'm after a VCT solenoid for an AUII 4.0 Intech engine. My local Ford dealer tells me that my car has a Tickford engine, so I need to speak to Tickford about the replacement parts.

Are you able to supply the solenoid? If so, you are a deadset champ and I'd be looking for supply and post to Orange NSW, 2800.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 30-05-2022, 06:25 PM   #27
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonads View Post
Hi there, Legend of all things GT-related. I'm after a VCT solenoid for an AUII 4.0 Intech engine. My local Ford dealer tells me that my car has a Tickford engine, so I need to speak to Tickford about the replacement parts.

Are you able to supply the solenoid? If so, you are a deadset champ and I'd be looking for supply and post to Orange NSW, 2800.

Thanks,
Ben
Hi Ben,

Even though it has a Tickford engine, the parts still came through Ford. Unfortunately that solenoid part number ERT6503A has not been available from Ford for a while and second hand will be your only option unless you keep an eye out on FB or eBay using the part number provided above etc. If you want me to see if I can find a second hand one for you, although they are rare, let me know. Ill give it a go.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 01-06-2022, 10:55 PM   #28
gonads

Quote:
Hi Ben,

Even though it has a Tickford engine, the parts still came through Ford. Unfortunately that solenoid part number ERT6503A has not been available from Ford for a while and second hand will be your only option unless you keep an eye out on FB or eBay using the part number provided above etc. If you want me to see if I can find a second hand one for you, although they are rare, let me know. Ill give it a go.

GT
Hey Legend. If you could keep an eye out for one I’d greatly appreciate it. The solenoids are gone from the few VCT engines in my local wreckers.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 30-05-2022, 06:00 PM   #29
Minties
Starter Motor

Hi GT,

Just got an aftermarket (Panelhouse) FG (mk1) XR8 bonnet fitted. Looking for the under bonnet insulation for it as I believe they differ from the XR6 bonnet?

Thanks!
Minties is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2022, 06:35 PM   #30
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minties View Post
Hi GT,

Just got an aftermarket (Panelhouse) FG (mk1) XR8 bonnet fitted. Looking for the under bonnet insulation for it as I believe they differ from the XR6 bonnet?

Thanks!
Hi Minties,

Can get, they are $240 plus postage. I am sure they are a lot smaller than the 6 cylinder and only basically sit in the middle of the under bonnet, not the wider part of under bonnet.

The clips that hold the insulation to the bonnet are $5.40 each (not sure how many you need).

GT