Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #31
ILLaViTaR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Seriously are people so stupid?

No different from a cyclist doing it (which I agree neither of them should in freeway like roads) skateboards are even safer than bikes on the road though depending on who's piloting the thing of course. The only people who would know that are people who actually use them, as to the ignorantly responsible person they look insecure and dangerous. It's far easier to control a skateboard than a bike, and are far easier to balance, sure not at first but when talking in good/expert terms the hunk of a frame of a bike becomes a unresponsive burden with almost no recovery. all I'm saying is it's no more ridiculous than a bikes gonig down the tunnel (if he was visible that is) but because Bart Simpson does it, all the sheep start going frantic.

We've towed upside down tables with our cars surfing on them on hard rubbish back in the day. If that got on the news we'd be yet anoher example of an irresponsible generation, they'd have a heart attack when there's nothing irresponsible about it whatsoever.

Last edited by ILLaViTaR; 07-06-2011 at 08:09 PM.
ILLaViTaR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #32
WMD351
Size it up

Not to worry, this modern day Robbin Hood (apparently he did it to raise awareness for cancer WTF) has felt the mighty wrath of our awesome justice system.
The court had to take into account the fact that he's got a doctor who says he's got ADHD, so he's been fined $1,000 bucks and lost his deck!
Funny thing is I looked at his bookface page and he says he's flat broke. He's begging anybody to give him $50.
The best reply to that request was a guy who said "Hey dude, I'll give you $50 if you go through the tunnel again"
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #33
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Anyone ever held onto a car whist coasting on their pushie?

Sure it was dumb, but now that most of us are over 25, those dangerous things that many of us did now seem more dangerous than fun.

If I think long enough about it though, some of those dumb things still give me a chuckle.

Glad I didn't die doing some dumb stuff, glad this young bloke is still alive also.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #34
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What if...bloody hell, how many times are we going to hear that?

Get over it, nobody got killed or seriously injured. It's no bloody wonder gen Y guys are looking and acting more more and more like chicks, spending hours on end just on their hair! Let them go out and run some risks, without doing this they will never learn what risk really is!

How many of the posters here sped in their cars on the way to or from work in the last week? It's drummed into us that it will kill us, but has it? We all know it's dangerous but we keep driving a two tonne missile at higher than recommended speed...isn't that just as silly?
Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
BadMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #35
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
Not to worry, this modern day Robbin Hood (apparently he did it to raise awareness for cancer WTF) has felt the mighty wrath of our awesome justice system.
The court had to take into account the fact that he's got a doctor who says he's got ADHD, so he's been fined $1,000 bucks and lost his deck!
Funny thing is I looked at his bookface page and he says he's flat broke. He's begging anybody to give him $50.
The best reply to that request was a guy who said "Hey dude, I'll give you $50 if you go through the tunnel again"

He can't possibly had ADHD. All the media attention he has received

However it seems typical of people these days that do idiotic things like this. Blame some underlying bulldust condition on their actions, instead of manning up to being an idiot.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLaViTaR
skateboards are even safer than bikes on the road though depending on who's piloting the thing of course. The only people who would know that are people who actually use them, as to the ignorantly responsible person they look insecure and dangerous. It's far easier to control a skateboard than a bike, and are far easier to balance, sure not at first but when talking in good/expert terms the hunk of a frame of a bike becomes a unresponsive burden with almost no recovery.

I rode skateboards for years. I have also rode bike for years. I must say that skateboards are harder to ride then bikes. Bikes are simple, stop quickly and steer well.
I'd much rather ride a bike on a road then a skateboard.

Having said that, I agree with you in saying that riding a bike, or a skateboard in the tunnel is as stupid as each other.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post