Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #1
Scott

Oh, I missed the point. Why not just drink it and save on the whole hiding it thing?

flame suit on
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:54 PM   #2
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Drain your radiator and use it as coolant till you get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
Might have dreamt it and decided to run with it...... I do that sometimes.
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
Scott

It's a wonder they didn't do him for having dealer quantities of grass.
Old 28-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #4
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
It's a wonder they didn't do him for having dealer quantities of grass.
He didnt have a catcher on the mower > no possession
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
Disco1986

im pritty sure in SA you can Drive and drink a beer ect aslong as you do not go over the limit!
Disco1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #6
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well it's not like that in WA but you still see guys with a beer in their hand while they are driving

Where is a cop when you need one
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #7
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
Well it's not like that in WA but you still see guys with a beer in their hand while they are driving

Where is a cop when you need one
Yeah and all the blokes that buy grog off me, say something like "that'll get me home" or just a traveller"(sp?)
i even know of a taxi driver that does this...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I got pulled over literally 20 minutes ago, i had 4 mates in the car, each was drinking. The 4 open cans were emptied and unopened cans were left...

This is the 3rd time this has happened when i have been in a car, unopened cans are fine.

Im 17 too btw.
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen people that come in to my work that have opened cans of booze in their cup holders. Farking stupid!

I always drove with booze in my car when I was 17. They won't do crap all as it's not worth the hassle.

Lol as if anyone waits till they're 18 these days to get wasted. So long as you don't drive afterwards there is no problems.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:49 AM   #10
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Just say its for a mate's present, I got pulled over for a breath test when i was 17 and blew 0 and i had a back seat covered with unopened udls, vodka cruisers and rum premix cans and the copper just looked and didn't even question it.
Old 29-10-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the legality issue is the actual purchase of the alcohol. AFAIK it is not illegal to drink under 18 (with the exception to licenced premises) but it is to purchase alcohol. Same goes for those who purchase it for underage people. I stand to be corrected. This is the way i have always understood it as.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 11:57 AM   #12
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
I think the legality issue is the actual purchase of the alcohol. AFAIK it is not illegal to drink under 18 (with the exception to licenced premises) but it is to purchase alcohol. Same goes for those who purchase it for underage people. I stand to be corrected. This is the way i have always understood it as.
is there any law about being in possesion of alcohol when underage?
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 04:02 AM   #13
Scott

Question - why is it stupid for a guy to drink a beer whilst driving home?

I know it's illegal and therefore I don't do it but what magically happens in a car that makes your first beer turn you into a bumbling mess and over the limit? Must just be so that the third and fourth beers don't get drunk I suppose.
Old 29-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #14
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Question - why is it stupid for a guy to drink a beer whilst driving home?

I know it's illegal and therefore I don't do it but what magically happens in a car that makes your first beer turn you into a bumbling mess and over the limit? Must just be so that the third and fourth beers don't get drunk I suppose.
I would say that its stupid to drink or eat whilst driving. I think its simple. Would you be able to take evasive action to prevent an accident if you had a stubbie in one hand and the steering wheel in the other?

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #15
Orbit
Resident Nyctophobic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
I would say that its stupid to drink or eat whilst driving. I think its simple. Would you be able to take evasive action to prevent an accident if you had a stubbie in one hand and the steering wheel in the other?
actually i can answer this....a guy came into work(the fact he came to my work indicates it didn't turn out good) he was drinking a can of coke and eating a pie whilst steering with his knees : car came into his lane and he hit it head on...as he was unable to take evasive action (lest he spill is coke)

So the answer is no.

ORB.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #16
It'sTheVibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit
car came into his lane and he hit it head on...as he was unable to take evasive action (lest he spill is coke)
Did the coke survive the head on??
Think I'd prefer coke stained upholstery than the alternative.
It'sTheVibe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #17
Scott

Quote:
But given that drinking Coke is not illegal, why is drinking beer illegal if you are under the limit?
Old 29-10-2006, 03:31 PM   #18
05MkIIFutura
SV6000. Yum

Quote:
Stubbie in the hand at traffic lights, in the drink holder while in motion. I must admit it doesnt look to crash hot when the soccer mum in her Terri looks over and sees you pooring a bit more dowin your throat. Thats when you pull the "who, me??" look and slink into your seat
05MkIIFutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #19
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If the cops pull you over, just tell them you have bought it for the Sarg, not yourself. That should keep you out of any trouble.

As for keeping booze in the boot, that reminds me of the good 'ol days when me and the mates would take it in turns getting into the boot with an opened bottle. The driver would then spin the car in 360's, sharp turns left/right, ignore the crash bang bumps and screams from the rear, and then when we decide to let them out the boot, who had the most beer left in the bottle was the winner. Well, technically the winner, it was who had the worst injuries was the loser.
And another one was passing the beer between 2 moving cars until someone suggested rather than pass the beer to someone in the other car, they had to take it over. You had to climb out the window of one car and then climb over and into the other car without dropping the beer.. Usuallywe kept to the 60kmh speed limit!
All went well over a few weekends until one mate slipped and his legs dropped to the bitumen. Sure made a mess of his ankles/feet..........
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #20
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I thought it was illegal to be drinking and eating while driving? If not, then yes, I guess you should be able to drive while drinking a beer.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #21
BZINGA