Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-04-2024, 09:04 AM   #13
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Why so few old Falcons remaining compared to Commodores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
Not so !

While Earlier Commodores were European based to varying degrees, by the time you get to VE, the body/chassis is 100% Aussie designed & built. The drivetrains are mostly US units. I doubt that you would find anything Euro in a VE or VF.

Much like the Falcon, early ones were very US-based Then less so by XA & even less so by XF. EA onwards doesn't have much US left in in them. AU onwards nothing left.

Also all Holden build figures include all overseas built units, because they were CKD packs. The packs were made here then exported & they knew the exact numbers.

Dr Terry
It's funny how when we were younger, we never thought of the earlier Dunnydores as a real Aussie, just a tweeked Opels.
I think this, and the the fact they looked so much smaller than the HZ was why quite a few buyers went to the Falcon.

I can remember at the time all the advertising going on about the interior space being superior in the XD and not loosing space from the the previous XC.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: