Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
kiwi2768
Starter Motor

Default Need help with the history of our EB GT

I am trying to find out the owner/service history of our EB GT. Were you, or someone you know, an owner of EB GT No. 127? The car is pearl black, manual, no sunroof. We purchased it from a guy in Sydney earlier this year. According to the information that came with the car, it was purchased new in Tasmania. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

kiwi2768 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
kiwi2768
Starter Motor

Anyone, anyone?
Old 18-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Ring up Ford and with your Vin you can find out the dealer that sold the car & options fitted (no doubt you know these already). Not sure but a Ford dealer might be able to see service history type info on their computer
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Serial_Fool
Whipper Snappa

I'd advise you to ring up FPV and not Ford. Since the EB GTs came out of the Ford factory as Fairmont Ghias Ford's database records indicate they are Ghias. Tickford were the ones that did all the modification from Ghia spec and all of the info was retained during the switch from Tickford to FPV.
Old 19-09-2008, 12:23 AM   #5
NGN 351
FoMoCo Fan

Built in 1993 and has a modified exhuast ???
There is an EB GT owners registry, pm me if you want the details.
How many km's has yours done etc etc

Cheers

Justin
NGN 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #6
kiwi2768
Starter Motor

Thanks guys. We've got the dealer's details so will start there. Unfortunately they didn't put the original purchaser's name in the owner's handbook. Just thought someone here might have known who owned the car at some stage.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
kiwi2768
Starter Motor

I contacted FPV by email some months ago and have heard nothing from them. After all that, I found the original owner's details in the BACK of the owner's manual Why they have space for details in the front and the back is beyond me. Anyway, this morning we managed to track down the original owner of the car : He even still has the keyring, which he is going to send to us. He is now trying to track down the person who bought it from him. Just out of interest, does anyone have a genuine EB GT keyring they could post a photo of please? The one for our car has lost the piece that attaches the number to the leather bit. Just want to see what it looks like so we can set about finding another piece.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

FPV couldn't help a mate of mine that was lookin for the history of his Force6...

History you say?? yeah i know its basically new...

but its a Pre-Production car.... one of 3...
had 10,000km on dial when he bought and registered it as first owner....
So he basically wanted to find out what it had been up to in the first 10,000km of its life...
and they had no idea?!?!
Old 15-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #9
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

good to see you got all the details you need!

well done and look after the GT!