Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Another meet up in Perth

I saw Nick in Metros Freo last Sat and thought to myself, gee havent seen him in ages, so im calling on all Perth Foci n Fez owners to post up whether they would like to organise a Perth meet sometime soon in the future.

Doesnt necessarily have to be a cruise, but a lil get together where we may be able to hang out, get a bite to eat and maybe get some fotos taken. My mate is gona show me an awesome spot near the cbd on the river which may be worth takin some snaps on sunset. Let youz know how that goes.

But for now, lets see some indication of interest, i know we'll have a small crew, but im not sure of any new members that are from Perth apart from Simon n Nick, but hey, nows my chance to find out.

Tom

Old 14-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Tom,

Yeah it has been a while since we caught up. I will be keen to meet up, but I'm getting married in early April so a lot of my weekends are booked for doing wedding related stuff until then _ . Let me know what date you want to have the meet and I'll I see if I can make it along. My mate Karl (owns a new LS Zetec) might be keen also.

How did you go trying to convince your parents that they should take out a loan so you can have an XR5?
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 02:05 AM   #3
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

LMAO i failed...... miserably They came up with the whole guilt trip: "youre so ungrateful, we bought you a brand new car, and now you dont want it and you wana buy a new car blah blah blah"

My sister needs a car now that shes goin to uni, n i was hoping she would accept it as is (rims, lowered, kitted), so my parents wouldnt have to buy her a car now too, n then i got the same guilt trip from my sister. Plus she claims she hates manuals n wants an auto, yet my car is good enuf to drive when she needs to taxi her friends..... Lets just say after that she hasnt been gettin my keys.

Ahh well, ive just accepted the fact i wont be gettin the car soon, so i blew over 2G on a new stereo last week.... drown my sorrows a bit. Spend my "saving' for an XR5 on other things to make my car now better
Old 14-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevaps
LMAO i failed...... miserably They came up with the whole guilt trip: "youre so ungrateful, we bought you a brand new car, and now you dont want it and you wana buy a new car blah blah blah"
I got that too! Sorry to hijack the thread... but persistance pays off! Hence why I'm selling my ride!

Good luck with the meet boys (and girls)!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
WRC1AB
WRC1AB

I'm in just say when and where.

Its a shame I have not done any mods since the last meet.
BTW Belmon Autokhana is on this Sunday 19th Feb.
I will be there.
Good Idea for meeting up Tom, I'll leave it to you for the location.

Nick T.
Old 16-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Persistance does pay off!!! Ive broken down my sister and my mum. Looks my sister might be gettin da Foci, n me, ill be drivin a 1986 Ford Laser till the end of the year gets closer. Give me some time to save up a deposit n down payment before i actually purchase the car. YEEOOOOOWWW!!! Its not over yet. The XR5 could still be on its way.

Tom
Old 16-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Nice one Tom! 9 or so months in an 86 Laser is a small price to pay if it means owning an XR5 much sooner. I"m guessing you won't go for the electric orange now though, after hearing that it is an $1800 option?
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #8
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Nah its not the price of the option, its the fact its a fad colour. I work in a telco with all these different coloured handsets and although they are awesome to start, they start to turn me off more and more i look at them and the more i sell them.

Plus looking at the pics of the magnum grey one from MMS, now thats a HOT colour. Hope you stick to your black color ;) coz thats the one ill be goin for, or performance blue. If the blue is anything like the fiesta blue then i wouldnt be able to make up my mind.

Tom