Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #1
73MTU

Default Mods for my new focus

hi all
i just picked up my new 05 Focus on saturday and i'm loving it. I just wanted to know of minor mods people have done and how they went with the mods affecting there warranty and so on? i plan on getting a full exhaust and filter and what not but just wanted to get a bit of advice form people who have already done it and what difference the mod made.....

cheers
kelly

and are there any kits available in AUS for them yet beside factory? if so anyone got any pics or a site i can check out?

Last edited by 73MTU; 31-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.
73MTU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 02:44 PM   #2
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73MTU
hi all
i just picked up my new 05 Focus on saturday and i'm loving it. I just wanted to know of minor mods people have done and how they went with the mods affecting there warranty and so on? i plan on getting a full exhaust and filter and what not but just wanted to get a bit of advice form people who have already done it and what difference the mod made.....

cheers
kelly

and are there any kits available in AUS for them yet beside factory? if so anyone got any pics or a site i can check out?
Congrats on the car, you'll love it. THe only kits i know of are from overseas. Hopefully once the XR5 gets popular aftermarket bits will be made for this.

Exhaust shouldn't be a problem with warranty, but a pod filter may be. If you stuff the engine due to having contaminents, and theres a pod on there, they won't replace the engine.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
73MTU

oh ok cool
can i jsut replace the stock air filter wit a better one with out removing the air boxes?
Old 31-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #4
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73MTU
oh ok cool
can i jsut replace the stock air filter wit a better one with out removing the air boxes?
That would probably be the best way without getting defected. But they could argue that the replacement filter caused problems.If anything, drive it for 15-20000kms stock to iron out all the bugs then go about modifying it.
Old 31-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
BlackLS

Where you located?
Old 31-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #6
73MTU

i'm in brisbane
Old 01-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The intake on the new focus is pretty good so the new filter's ability wont go astray, BUT if you want it even better and with more induction noise i suggest removing the box thingys that hold air before the filter for a more direct flow
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
73MTU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
The intake on the new focus is pretty good so the new filter's ability wont go astray, BUT if you want it even better and with more induction noise i suggest removing the box thingys that hold air before the filter for a more direct flow
would that affect warranty at all, removing the boxes and utting a pod filter on? and have u got any pics of your car wit the 20's? and did u have trouble fitting them? hows the ride?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This was taken with my 1mp phone so it wont come out all that crash hot but yeah you get the point
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post