Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Well the hail storm yesterday. Never had hail so large. It absolutely swiss cheesed the lazerlite roofing over my back deck. Not entirely happy about that, but hey, i cannot control the weather.
Saw some bloke on The Morning Show, his Supra was parked outside and he had flattened cardboard boxes and blankets over it and he was spreadeagled over the bonnet trying to hold down a sheet and he was getting pummeled.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 04:10 PM   #2
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Saw some bloke on The Morning Show, his Supra was parked outside and he had flattened cardboard boxes and blankets over it and he was spreadeagled over the bonnet trying to hold down a sheet and he was getting pummeled.
Long long time ago now about 1993, massive hailstorm in Liverpool Cabramatta area, my best mate now deceased, just made it home, we fly up driveway to get under carport and some Vietnamese guy was parked under his carport, lol, we were in his FJ 45, 350 chev with a nice new bull bar, I fitted it the day before, brand new fibreglass roof and paint job, he pushed this Asian dudes commodore right through the carport into his back garden!...too funny for words, the Asian dude had a good laugh about it too!...so did we, my mate was killed in his FJ 45 about 3 months later, it was a lethal thing to drive.
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
.:4:.
Kicking back

I know its not the biggest job to replace the roofing, ive got the tools etc. Im just currently in a financial position where whilst a can easily afford it, i just cannot justify it. So for the moment i can live with it. Its just the back deck, house is fine. I do most my living in the house. Still an annoyance that 3 drops of rain turned into proper hail in a heartbeat. It wasnt anything close to say even golfball sized hail, but the bigger bits were 6 to maybe 10mm across.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2021, 01:36 PM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
I know its not the biggest job to replace the roofing, ive got the tools etc. Im just currently in a financial position where whilst a can easily afford it, i just cannot justify it. So for the moment i can live with it. Its just the back deck, house is fine. I do most my living in the house. Still an annoyance that 3 drops of rain turned into proper hail in a heartbeat. It wasnt anything close to say even golfball sized hail, but the bigger bits were 6 to maybe 10mm across.
Ask ya brother for a loan/borrow....lol...
Old 15-10-2021, 02:19 PM   #5
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Ask ya brother for a loan/borrow....lol...
Ha, fat chance of that. If the saying says he aint heavy hes my brother, well this bloke to me is very heavy. Slightly less of a financial drain that was my ex wife, but still, and only because he is my brother, i help out with the bare minimum. And unlike your charitable help, nothing ill towards billy, my brother doesnt have any drug addictions, so no drugs or even cigarettes. Its just food. and fuel. I hate the bloke as much as anyone does towards their own syblings. He lives rent/bills free in a 3 bed, 3 bog townhouse with a 2 car carhold my mum owns. I pay my mortgage every week, whats more to hate?
This user likes this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 03:50 PM   #6
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ha, fat chance of that. If the saying says he aint heavy hes my brother, well this bloke to me is very heavy. Slightly less of a financial drain that was my ex wife, but still, and only because he is my brother, i help out with the bare minimum. And unlike your charitable help, nothing ill towards billy, my brother doesnt have any drug addictions, so no drugs or even cigarettes. Its just food. and fuel. I hate the bloke as much as anyone does towards their own syblings. He lives rent/bills free in a 3 bed, 3 bog townhouse with a 2 car carhold my mum owns. I pay my mortgage every week, whats more to hate?
You sure he hasn’t got any undisclosed expensive habits or addictions.Even someone on Centrelink can easily get by if they don’t have any rent etc to pay
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
You sure he hasn’t got any undisclosed expensive habits or addictions.Even someone on Centrelink can easily get by if they don’t have any rent etc to pay
Nah, pretty sure he's just an oxygen theif.
Old 16-10-2021, 11:32 AM   #8
Kicking back

Years ago down at my dads place in a town on the south coast i was at the bowlo there. So theres an aboriginal claim nearby, dunno if thats the correct term but a plot with a community living on it. Anyrate, there was a new staff member at the bowlo kicking out an elder for drunk and disorderly behavior and the other staffers were all saying dont do that. Only because they knew what would happen. Sure enough, 5 minutes later other community members from that plot tipped over the courtesy bus. Down there the local police are powerless. You also would never use the boat ramp nearby as if your trailer had a spare tyre, that would get nicked, and if you had a roller trailer, the kids would nick the rollers and then try sell them back. I never used that ramp so never had that issue, however during holiday season, quite a number of holiday peoples didnt know that and would be left with their boat in the water and unless they paid the ransom, a useless trailer.
Old 16-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #9
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Indecisive, time consuming customers who want to tell me their life story and just about everything else that doesn't have anything to do with what they are shopping for, all for the purpose of selecting a single $12 item. That and attempting to show me every single photo on their phone. Or telling me every single plant in their garden, where it's planted, when it was planted, what colour the flowers are and so on and so on.

JUST GET TO THE POINT AND LET ME SERVE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS WAITING IN LINE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all that in a time where we are supposed to shop with a purpose and limit close personal contact, a directive from the powers that be and my employer. Some people just don't get it.

The last two days has been a constant flow of these sort of customers, so I'm ready to hide from people for a few days.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #10
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Indecisive, time consuming customers who want to tell me their life story and just about everything else that doesn't have anything to do with what they are shopping for, all for the purpose of selecting a single $12 item. That and attempting to show me every single photo on their phone. Or telling me every single plant in their garden, where it's planted, when it was planted, what colour the flowers are and so on and so on.

JUST GET TO THE POINT AND LET ME SERVE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS WAITING IN LINE FOR YOU TO MAKE A DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!

I say all that in a time where we are supposed to shop with a purpose and limit close personal contact, a directive from the powers that be and my employer. Some people just don't get it.

The last two days has been a constant flow of these sort of customers, so I'm ready to hide from people for a few days.
Oh, so you've met my wife then
Old 16-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Ha ha, perhaps.

Can't tell you how many times over the years I have had to stand in the middle of a couple clearly hating married life. He will clearly want to anywhere but plant shopping with his wife, she want's him there to pay for it. The barely contained barbs exchanged between both can be very awkward. Why do people get married again?
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2021, 10:13 PM   #12
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Ha ha, perhaps.

Can't tell you how many times over the years I have had to stand in the middle of a couple clearly hating married life. He will clearly want to anywhere but plant shopping with his wife, she want's him there to pay for it. The barely contained barbs exchanged between both can be very awkward. Why do people get married again?
Sex!...once a night for the 1st year, once a week the 2nd year, once a month 3rd year, occasionally in the 4th year, then you buy an old car to fix up in the garage for the rest of your married life!
Old 16-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #13
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Beat me to it, I was going to say you must of met my neighbour!..lol..
Old 24-10-2021, 09:47 PM   #14
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

And while I'm at it............... family members who "borrow" my tools and don't put them back where they found them.
Mustang GT

3 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 03:52 PM   #15
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

The title is "Geez, I hate that!" - the thread was created for a bit of fun and nothing else.

If you need marriage counselling including what happens in the bedroom, kitchen. laundry or wherever else you can think of take it to PM.

While I understand that we are all adults this is still a family forum. Would you want your 5 year old child reading this? No, most of us wouldn't.

Slowsnake, for the last time, think before you post, I am starting to get sick of deleting your posts and I am sure that Russ is too. I am sure that you know what will come next if you don't start thinking.

Last edited by PG2; 25-10-2021 at 04:00 PM.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #16
Kicking back

Hmmmm, walking into my local bottlo for some refreshing alchobooze, 3 haggard homeless persons were outside asking for change. Answer is no, main reason is i card everything. But that brings me to a quiet spoken bloke i used to work with. He never talked about his home life. Anything he said was just banter with the boys and of good value. But later on, when this bloke had finished his apprenticeship and was on decent coin, he opened up. Nobody gave him ****. His parents never worked, never had a family car or a licence to drive a car. He grew up in what he called assisted living. So houso. So this dude got out of the system. He was an apprentice of mine and to say he was not a hard working motorvated person would be a lie. Its all the various merry-go-rounds of life really, you can ride the one you're on, or change to another. This bloke took the merry-go-round of making a solid wage over the dole.
4 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 05:22 PM   #17
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

When an online retailer has burned their bridges with you by being slow, unresponsive - and rather than try to win you back with alternative offers or future credits, spam you with “deals” on what they proved incapable of fulfilling already.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 07:26 PM   #18
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Being in iso for 14 days the daughter and I thought we'd use online grocer shopping for the first time. We had hamburgers on the menu for Thursday, given it's going to be a warm day here. Patties alone were going to cost $7.50, so when I saw they had a burger kit, which included 4 patties, 4 brioche rolls, 4 slices of cheese and tomato relish on special for $10, I thought I;d grab that instead.

Order was delivered today (25th Oct) and the best before date for the burger pack was 24th Oct.

Not really impressed for my first order. On the plus side, I went back online and found where I could provide feedback and I ended up getting refunded for the burger pack.

Free burgers for dinner tonight

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2021, 09:12 PM   #19
slowsnake
Banned

Geez I hate that!.......when there's nothing to hate!..lol..hahaha
Old 26-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #20
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

And the burger was pretty darn nice, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2021, 11:57 AM   #21
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

“Dead horse” for the chippies
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-10-2021, 01:17 PM   #22
Kicking back

Yes its like death or taxes, but i hate the day, only 4 per year, but receiving utility bills. Well checking the mail i dont mind, its more paying the bills.
Old 26-10-2021, 05:29 PM   #23
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Yes its like death or taxes, but i hate the day, only 4 per year, but receiving utility bills. Well checking the mail i dont mind, its more paying the bills.
There not bills?...there love letters from the gas company!.....
Old 26-10-2021, 05:42 PM   #24
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
There not bills?...there love letters from the gas company!.....
Nah, i dont have gas.... not that kind anyways....
Old 27-10-2021, 08:37 PM   #25
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I have 2 litre jugs of tomato and bbq sauce and taste even better after 1-2 years after purchase, I used to refrigerate but got lazy. Also hot chilli sauces that recommend being used within 1 month after opening, 3 years old and still tastes fine. Must be all that vinegar, sugar and salt.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 08:51 PM   #26
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

You lot are all doing it wrong! Nothing beats homemade..............

Mustang GT

Old 27-10-2021, 09:13 PM   #27
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Looks good, DFB.

How much for a bottle, including postage?

And does it need to be refrigerated after opening?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #28
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Nothing better than 120yo homemade recepies. My Grandfather also has one for Worcestershire sauce, even better than Holbrooks.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2021, 10:34 PM   #29
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Nothing better than 120yo homemade recepies. My Grandfather also has one for Worcestershire sauce, even better than Holbrooks.
Try Cornwells Lancashire Relish......yummo
Old 29-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #30
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are planning work BBQ Monday arvo literally right up the road from me in stumbling distance.

To put this into context I'm about 30kms away so has always been a pain for me so this is great. I thought I'd get the footy out and that would be fun.

Since I had it in my hands I started practising drop kicks inside (just a little tap) and after putting a couple of marks on the walls I thought I should take it outside. Yes I had a few beers

So I was doing it against the wall but put a bit too much on it, hit the gutter just in the right spot and it bounced onto my pergola,

Well I have one those that backs into the gutter! My step ladder is way too short so have no ****en way to get it.

Hopefully the evap cooler service guy or gal will be kind enough to fetch it for me in 2 weeks time
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: