Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #1
Windsor Mondeo
Starter Motor

Default Recalls on Mondeo Zetec

Yesterday during a 30K service on my Mondeo I was made aware that they had just announced a recall on Mondeo Zetec's. Without looking into it further the techo talk me if was for a faulty ABS indicated. It seems water causing the ABS light to go. The fix to the fault is to use a particular Ford approved lube that unfortunately the dealership I took the car in for service did not have. Has anybody heard anything more about this.

Windsor Mondeo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #2
Zippy7

Not sure what the dealer is telling you, as there is nothing posted on the official recalls website yet.
http://www.recalls.gov.au/view_recal...?recall_type=5
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
Windsor Mondeo
Starter Motor

My work sheet provided back to me at the end of the service says a recall still to take place at a later date. Car was serviced at Sinclair Ford at Penrith NSW who provided this information to me. Recall as I understand it was effective only on the 4/12/08. Your website link only has them up to the 2/12/08
Old 18-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Been a couple of weeks now and I have not heard anythiong more. HAs this been confirmed? When will Ford contact me?

I have a couple of minor warrantee issues I want to chase, and I might as well get them to look at it and the recall at same time.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
Windsor Mondeo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Been a couple of weeks now and I have not heard anythiong more. HAs this been confirmed? When will Ford contact me?
I had to replace my centre console today as it was faulty and as part of this change they completed the recall as I described. Not sure when they are contacting people but it is a minor thing that could wait until your next service.
Old 18-12-2008, 10:32 PM   #6
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Mine had something done to the ABS last week when it was getting the 15000km service. The dealer said it was a recall.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Prob not a recall just a TSB put on the car to fix the issue.

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post