Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
Falconxr68

Default Recommended suspension shop

I just purchased new lowered springs (Eibach equivalent to superlows) and wanted to know who people would recommend to fit them in the Northern suburbs preferably.

Also, I've just read through a heap of threads on camber kits and am kinda confused. Which ones do people recommend (shims etc), are they even necessary?

I have an AU3 live axle...cheers

Falconxr68 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconxr68
I just purchased new lowered springs (Eibach equivalent to superlows) and wanted to know who people would recommend to fit them in the Northern suburbs preferably.

Also, I've just read through a heap of threads on camber kits and am kinda confused. Which ones do people recommend (shims etc), are they even necessary?

I have an AU3 live axle...cheers

Doing alignments for a living. The only way to know for sure whether you need a kit or not is once the car is lowered, see how much thread is left with the upper control arm mounting points and what the camber readings are, after the car is lowered.

Personally I have seen standard height Falcons that you can't shim. I have also seen Falcons that have been dumped on their belly's that have plenty of thread left, after they have been shimmed, with the factory control arm mounts.

So to cut to the chase. Post up a copy of a report, along with how a picture showing much thread is left, AFTER the car is lowered and then and only then you'll know for sure whether a kit is necessary or not. otherwise, you could be throwing money away, unnecessarily

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
Falconxr68

Thanks svo supporter, I just needed somebody to wrap it all up for me because like you said I don't want to waste that money if it is not required. When I get the car lowered (hopefully sometime soon) I'll post a copy of the report and picture showing how much thread is left.

In addittion, do you have your own workshop or do you work from home if you don't mind me asking? If so, where are you located? Regards
Old 27-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

The Northern Suburbs of bloody where? Why don't people put at least their state in their profile?
Old 27-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
Falconxr68

No need to have a go mate, Melbourne
Old 27-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Fulcrum Suspension - 20 Swanston Street Preston VIC 3072

These guys are decent bunch to work with. But Im not sure of the mob in Vic.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Falconxr68

Thanks Shav, I've sent them an email. I'm not sure if they do services because on their website their branch in Melbourne says distribution centre but we'll see how it goes.
Old 27-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
philstoj
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Centreline suspension in lipton drive thomastown, they do the lot, you wont be disapointed.
philstoj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
The Northern Suburbs of bloody where? Why don't people put at least their state in their profile?

Looks like someone can't read profiles. Check the OP's profile out then comment.

FALCONXR68. Sorry I can't help you with the work side of it. I live in S.A. However, when the lowering job is done, please either post the report up, along with those pics, or PM me. I'll me more than glad to help you out.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 27-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Falconxr68

philstoj - I live close to Thomastown so I will check it out, thanks

svo supporter - I initially didn't put my location in my profile but I took onboard Mr Hardware's comments. I will make sure I post up the report and pics when I get it done. Due to some other committments and priorities, it may not be done soon but you just never know (I've got the springs).

blueoval - I got a reply from Fulcrum and their branch in melbourne is for wholesale, not service but the manager did offer to direct me to one of their dealers.
Old 27-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconxr68
blueoval - I got a reply from Fulcrum and their branch in melbourne is for wholesale, not service but the manager did offer to direct me to one of their dealers.
well thats better than nothing. You should also mention to Fulcrum about being an AFF member as Fulcrum are/were a AFF sponsor. There might be some room for discount. It doesn't hurt to ask.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #12
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Apologies to MR HARDWARE then

Old 28-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

no worries mate