Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
nicco

Default Bunbury

Hi everyone,

I live in Townsville in North Qld at the moment and am looking at taking a new job and moving elsewhere.

Perth and Brisbane are at the top of my list; however a job agent put me in touch with some people from Bunbury.

I just got off the phone to them and they sound reasonably keen to get me on board; but I'm not all that sure about Bunbury.

Can anyone give me some pluses and minuses for the place?

I'm 25 and single, so I'm looking to enjoy life a bit while I'm there.

How about mountain bike riding; I've poked around on the net and found one lot of trails but they don't seem to be very technical rides; are there many trails around?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Nic.

nicco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
XW WA

Default Re: Bunbury

Bunbury is a like a big country town , Ive spent a bit of time there .Close enough to Perth and close enough to down south .Nice estuary , was two night clubs there a few years ago, I never went but they were pretty packed.Plenty of good pubs from good old style to upper yuppie ,but its not the gold coast thats for sure.Dont know much about the MTB thing but you dont have to go far to get into the forest.I used to trail ride between Collie and Bunbury near Alcoa and it was pretty good .
XW WA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Hey bud,

I moved from Cairns to Tom Price....Trust me, you could do a lot worse than Bunbury. I'm also the same age

As for biking, also a mountain biker...no trails here...well dedicated trails.

Got a job in the mines or?

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #4
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bunbury is in the south west, it's a small city or a large town. Heaps of stuff to do, lots of great places nearby if you're into camping, trout fishing, sea fishing, wine tasting, surfing and four wheel driving etc.
Heard of Margaret River?, just down the road.
Mate Bunbury is a very nice town, even the dolphins come to vist every day.

It's about a 2 hour drive to Perth on a new straight through highway, so nice and close.
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with jaydee's description.
Bunbury is a really nice spot.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #6
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

I live in Busselton, just 45 minutes further down from Bunno.

Dad used to work in Bunno. It's a pretty good town! Nice, easy to get around, not too big but has everything you'd want.
I've heard there's a few youth issues but most places has something like that going on, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

From Bunbury its around an hours drive to Busso, Dunsborough, Margaret River, and all the surrounds where you'll find heaps to do!

This area is a little bit like the Gold Coast of WA, except it's more focused during summer!
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

Gonna have to disagree with the others here, Bunbury is a hole...it's bogan central.
And with the onset of places like Dalyellup it's attracting even more.

BUT. it has all the shops one needs and is close to all the nice places, like Busselton, Margs, Donnybrook etc etc.

Plenty of good riding spots all along the scarp, plenty of good kayaking and fishing spots and not too expensive to buy a house (hence Dalyellup, which is actually in the shire of Capel but everyone there works/shops in Bunbury)
Old 11-01-2013, 02:55 AM   #8
Mickxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am there every 2nd week , really nice place , have to question why `DoreSLamR` has a gripe there ? , not a night person myself but lots of stuff to do , car watching is a good one , 50ks either side will see you in nice foresty stuff with rivers for kayaking, swimming etc ,

Got a lot of pics but photobucket chuckin a spaz atm

Last edited by Mickxr8; 11-01-2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: missed a bit
Mickxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicco View Post
I live in Townsville in North Qld at the moment and am looking at taking a new job and moving elsewhere.

Perth and Brisbane are at the top of my list; however a job agent put me in touch with some people from Bunbury.
Hmm, a job agent is sending you to a place about as far away from Townsville as you can get whilst still staying in the same country?

Maybe he's trying to tell you something
Old 12-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #10
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bunbury does have alot to offer. A couple of hours driving range and the only thing you wont get is snow. But the lifestyle is great and like most places, 99% of the people are friendly. So as a place to live or a base from which to explore until you find where to settle, it's not too bad.
Toss me a line if you do end up this way and I might be able to give you a few pointers.
Cheers.
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #11
05_ENFORCER

Just been down thru there for the 70 thousandth time.

You can do a lot worse than Bunbury.

Great place (out of the city limits) close to the beaches and wineries, state forests, dams close by.

Old 13-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Dr Jekkyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicco View Post
Hi everyone,
How about mountain bike riding; I've poked around on the net and found one lot of trails but they don't seem to be very technical rides; are there many trails around?

Nic.
I would say that living in Bunbury puts you pretty much in the epicentre of WA MTB. There are good trails close by, indeed according to my "WA MTB Trail Guide", some of the most technical trails are there!
Dr Jekkyl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post