Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 
Default BA N/A 6 Cyl Auto (Stock) Quarter Mile Times

Went out to Heathcote today with a donated car it was a BA 6 XT (stock).
i was surprised given the weight of these big Ba's and no mods (spare removed) it run 90 mph on every pass.
The best pass was 2.44 60 foot ET:15.56@90.93 MPH.
2.44 was the best 60 foot time it could do.... they are very very sluggish down low, the diff gears must be very tall at 130kmh the rpm is at 2200.
Some diff gears, some tuning, CAI, and a zorst, there is some good potential in these cars......a good 60 foot time would put these cars strait into a 14 sec pass...
Time Ticket Below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bai6.jpg (35.2 KB, 49 views)

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 17-07-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

The scary thing is that the auto BA XR6's are doing similar times.
Great time for a stock base Falcon but it really does make you wonder about the "performance" tag of the XR6 NA now.
The manuals have shown themselves to be quick but the XR6 NA autos are just another XT in a bodykit now. I find it hard to see them as a true XR now.

Good times there Mark but your right, the 60" is a shocker!

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 17-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
The scary thing is that the auto BA XR6's are doing similar times.
Great time for a stock base Falcon but it really does make you wonder about the "performance" tag of the XR6 NA now.
The manuals have shown themselves to be quick but the XR6 NA autos are just another XT in a bodykit now. I find it hard to see them as a true XR now.

Good times there Mark but your right, the 60" is a shocker!
Yes your right a BA XR6 is a XT with body kit and different seats.
i had 9 runs, managed just 2.4 on the 60 foot twice, all the rest were 2.5.

Old 18-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
rodderz

XT's have the 3.23's in them dont they?
Old 18-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #5
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
XT's have the 3.23's in them dont they?
not sure the manual XT has 3.23.....all i know is they take a long time to wind up.
Maybe Chris's dad can tell us..
Hamo's AU6 had 3.08's in it stock...

Old 18-07-2005, 01:55 AM   #6
XRchic
Hello

XTs do have 3.23 and XRs have 3.45.

But yes, you do have a point. Hence I have modded mine. At the time I bought it, the NA was even beyond my budget so an XR6T was well beyond reach. Now that things have changed, it is silly to go buy a T right now, so I just mod mine and play with it until we can get a T or a Typhoon or something later when it is more viable...

So yes, it is basically an XT, stock. But there are non performance aspects to the XR that I like anyway, such as the blue dash, seats, 17s. I also like the firmer suspension and the differnent diff, which do contribute to performance and handling...

LSD would have been nice, but I didnt get that (thought it was standard, found out too late) but getting that and 3.7s soon, which should help.

In any case, mine is currently making more power at the treads than some AU XR8s... LOL!!!!! But I have JMM to thank for that!

And the best 60 foot time in mine is 2.23, without LSD in a manual driven by a guy who had never driven my car before, and who had not driven manual in 12 months! My personal best 60 foot time was 2.26.

Jac

: Cobra :
Old 18-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #7
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Those times are pretty good for the XT and it does have a 3.23 diff and lower first and second gears than the AU so consider how hard it is to launch an AU auto.

My AU is a pretty fair match for a BA on the dyno and is running very similar times to what you got out of the BA XT so it all looks about right.

You would need to really improve the 60' though to get a 14. Even my wagon can get 2.35 but mostly 2.4's.

A 3.73 diff would liven it up heaps. The BA XR6's have the same power and a bit more weight so even with the 3.45 diff they don't pull away from an XT driven hard although in the 0-60k there is a small but significant difference.
Closed Thread