Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 24-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
Nik

Default Willow bank 22nd June 14.7 sec run

Went to willow bank on Wd night and hubby dida 14.7 second run down the quarter mile, he had alot of wheel spin so hopefully next run we'll get a bit more outa her. One o these day's I'll get behind the wheel and give her a floggin.

We have a ford falc s pack AU II with a few mods, JMM cam, cold air induction, 2.5 inch zorst, lukey headers, flow through cat, not sure what else, I'll get all the details later and post em up if ya want. She had new treads on as well, half of its now sitting on me mud flaps :SaiyanSmi next time we'll use some chaser wheels instead of my good rubber!!!

There was a silver AU XR8 series I down there went like a rocket and did a 13.8 some thing. Also a BA XR8 ute that was in the 12's.. not sure who drove these car's, I was enjoying the show too much.... but nuthing can top off the blue cortina that's frount wheels didn't touch the ground till half way down the track!!!

There were a few nos car's that flew I didn't remeber every thing, was too over powered and awwed by the jet cars they had there *knew I shoulda taken the marsh mellows!!!*
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Keep at it, was this your 1st time out on the track?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 11:51 PM   #3
Nik

nope second time last time got a 14.89 so we did better this time, Hubby was hoping for a 14.5 but the wheels kept spinning *shrugs* maybe next time.
Old 24-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

good stuff, you have a manual?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik
There was a silver AU XR8 series I down there went like a rocket and did a 13.8 some thing.
The silver Au xr8 was probally SLIPPER (Matt) off the forums and he was running slow, usually in the low 13's.

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 12:24 AM   #6
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

The BAXR8 was probably Blueblooded, I know he is in the 12's. His is a ute in Lightning Strike
Old 26-06-2005, 03:46 AM   #7
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
good stuff, you have a manual?
You'd hope so!. Well i do.

Top effort for a 2nd time out, nothing better than beating your PB. (I wouldnt know, my 1st ever run is my quickest)

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

I backed up my 14.4 that night....sigh!
I had a lil more power on board this time i feel but I was one of a few that couldn't get much traction out there. My 60ft was a over enth slower than last time but i ran the same times so i guess thats good enough.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
Nik

yeah sorry for the late reply, busy week end. She's a manual, wont get me driving no damed well auto crap (and sorry if that offends its my opinion).
Awsome I'll have to introduce me self next time. I did talk to the silver AU he said he ran in the low 13's but was getting alot of wheel spin as well (was the lil chick in the FPV (blue and grey) jacket that asked him if it was a manual or auto he said its manual). Musta been the track that night, most every one was getting some wheel spinning that night.

Sylox were you out there? if so what did ya run?
Old 26-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #10
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

I got a 14.896 @94.9mph and a 14.901 @97.17mph Mph of the last indicating a low 14 once the ecu is sorted

Old 27-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #11
Nik

its that the black ute out there with the proutes.com sticker on the rear window? If so we were next to you a couple a times (next lane over) in the pits. Not a bad lookin ute, always did love black cars!
Old 27-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #12
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

That was me