Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 05-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #91
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
Once you have activated the second staging beam, why would anyone need 10 seconds to get ready. I though i was slow at .8 to 1 second, and that is taking my time and getting ready.

I was talking more about hacks like me who dont know what they are doing making sure their revs are at the right amount before taking off. I wouldnt expect a practised drag racer to sit there for ages getting ready.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #92
EASPRINT
FPV GT-P 335!

Ok Guys....Lets admit it!.....Power doesn't just come in the form of a V8. I think its awesome, the amount of power and speed some of the guys are pulling from the six cylinder turbo cars!. And If they have to spool up a bit, so be it. Two totally different types of power...worked V8 has the power there instantly.....Turbo six comes on later, but once its on, its awesome. I've owned both typed of engine.....and both have there strengths and weaknesses. :1syellow1
Old 07-07-2005, 08:48 PM   #93
LTD351

Paying 70 odd bucks and getting only 2 or 3 runs, can see why people get annoyed at the spoolers. Dangerous too if you are at the end they are coming up behind you real fast, not a good situation, at the end of the day you can't control what other people do, you will never get rid of the spoolers, Just gonna have to live with it.
LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 02:08 PM   #94
Chris
AFF.com.au

i dont like them taking up my racing time, but I think at the same time they deserve a shot. We are all racers after all. :
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #95
SilverMustang
Was Red Territory

to me drag racing is racing the guys next to you..

lets face it when you have a quick go at a set of traffic lights....its about who get to the other side first

I agree with Aussie....I've seen these guys in their VL turbos sit there bringing on the boost....it looks stupid.....and nobody in the crowd any notice....
1967 Mustang Coupe
1955 Thunderbird (Project)

Previous cars:
Audi Q5, BMW X5, Territory Ghia Turbo, BA GT
SilverMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post