Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Default Cool Internet April 1st Hoaxes

Anyone found any yet?

Here's a couple I've found so far:

This forum with the Holden in the main banner.

Do any search in Google, and look at the time it takes for the results, I just had one that said "0.59 times the speed of an unladen sparrow".

Also, a really cool one, go to Youtube, watch any video, and where the quality box is below the video (360p etc) click on "TEXTp", it converts the whole video to show it in ASCII (made out of letters and numbers) - its kinda cool, and apparently everytime you view a video in TEXTp mode it saves them $1 on bandwidth costs LOL.

Wikipedia looks to have a few on their main page, their featured article on Wife Swapping on the main page is written totally different to the genuine article, as well as the "On This Day" section.

I'm still waiting for ThinkGeek (online retailer) to get theirs up, normally every year there's total rubbish products that aren't really possible (once there was a wireless power transmitter, plug one end into a power point and the other into what you wanna power and you don't need a cable anymore), they don't seem to have any up as yet though.
EDIT - looks like they're up there on the right hand side of the page now, www.thinkgeek.com

I know its getting late in the day for it, but since most of the sites that do the jokes I really like are in the USA, most are just starting to hit the net now.

But any you find, share I like a good laugh

Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

The Artline pen that remembers everything you write. http://www.artline.com.au/Pages/NewMemoryStickPen.htm

I saw it and the thought they were for real. I even knew it was April 1.
cs123 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Went onto a forum I go to, and the Australia and New Zealand section had been replaced by "g'day mate! kangaroos n ********! & New Zealand "

And the back button when you log in became "click here to return the the page you dumb ignorant bastards were previously viewing".
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Mansal

I like the wikipedia one - have to pdf that!
Mansal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

love the google one!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 AM   #6
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I checked my DeviantArt page earlier and thought it had been hacked - all the user avatars had been changed to "Team Edward", "Team Jacob" or "Team GaGa". I nearly crapped myself and immediately changed my password.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
And the back button when you log in became "click here to return the the page you dumb ignorant bastards were previously viewing".
lol!

BMW advertised their new "X1" would have exclusive access to australia's underground road network, catch it while it's still there:

http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/newvehi....html?DBC=1484

Google had a few, google maps were giving instructions in occa slang..

perthnow announced a new hoon race:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225848327116

oh and aust posted an article that gave a lot of suckers a dose of the angries (no offence guys)..
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:22 AM   #8
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
perthnow announced a new hoon race:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1225848327116
HAHAHA that's pure gold, especially "Royal Association of Car Enthusiasts".... we need one of them for real!!!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post