Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
WASP
Whipple Induced

Default Dedication to our ‘puppy’

She is our first daughter to my wife and I, a four legged blonde Labby and totally mad!! I found her in the paper way back then; she was the dog to go with the new Ute I had purchased. We’ll that was my idea anyway but she wasn’t having a bar of it!

She tore up the back yard, chased the cats and refused to stay put in the Ute tray, but was happy to sit in my passenger seat instead..lol. There we’re times when she drove us insane back then, but she was only a puppy, which eventually became her nick name.

We’ve done so many things together, 15 years on now. The kids have never known a day without her, yet some how I will need to explain to them tomorrow that she is not coming home.

The vet told me over 3 months ago that it was time for her to go, but I haven’t been strong enough to take her back. I will be stronger tomorrow I promise. We just don’t want to say goodbye.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #2
goXF
Now AU powered

Smile

I feel for you, having a dog that long makes them feel like a part of the family.

We will probably have to do the same soon with our dog.
He has a heart condition, twisted spine, lost an eye and arthritis...and now his remaining eye is not looking good.

Here's to MAN'S BEST FRIEND!

Current Car: 2002 AU3 Falcon Forte sedan, 51,000Km when purchased - NOW: 81,000Km.
goXF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #3
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

well it sounds as if she made your life richer by living her life with you. I hate the end of a dogs life, for all the selfish reasons... I will miss the dog, etc. I guess it is comforting to know that she won't know what and when the end is here, and will not suffer.
To a dog we are immortal. we were there when they arrive, there all their lives, and live on after them.
still, I share your sadness and hope tomorrow is alright for you and the family.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

awww I'm sorry to hear that you have to say goodbye to your dog, I cried when I read your post, so I can only imagine how hard it is for you & your family.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Sorry to hear that.

It really is like losing a family member, she looks like a beautiful dog.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
iCat
doof doof doof doof

CDAA - you will know in your heart when the time has come to say goodbye. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, but you will know, and you will have the strength.

Some say she will be heading to a place called the "Rainbow Bridge", and she'll wait for you there. Maybe you or others on this forum have heard of it? It's a comforting thought .....
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

The blur of her tail seems to indicate she was wagging it.

Just remember that, and all sadness should part.

Sorry to hear of your loss
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 AM   #8
OXR60W
Waz

I'm so sorry.

I had to get my Moose put down 12/03/2000. She was nearly 18.

dont know if it will help you but a friend told me to get Moose cremated and put the urn away from the kids, but in sight. I'm getting teary typing this.

Anyway, how right he was.

I have a drink and a chat to Moose on her and my b/day, the anniversary of her leaving etc. and anytime i need to be cheered up.
OXR60W is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
She is our first daughter to my wife and I, a four legged blonde Labby and totally mad!! I found her in the paper way back then; she was the dog to go with the new Ute I had purchased. We’ll that was my idea anyway but she wasn’t having a bar of it!

She tore up the back yard, chased the cats and refused to stay put in the Ute tray, but was happy to sit in my passenger seat instead..lol. There we’re times when she drove us insane back then, but she was only a puppy, which eventually became her nick name.

We’ve done so many things together, 15 years on now. The kids have never known a day without her, yet some how I will need to explain to them tomorrow that she is not coming home.

The vet told me over 3 months ago that it was time for her to go, but I haven’t been strong enough to take her back. I will be stronger tomorrow I promise. We just don’t want to say goodbye.
Sorry to hear your story, i to am holding back a tear or 2. I dont no how u can do it because for me id say that would have to be the hardest thing to do ever. If it helps, keep us updated maybe even some more cute pics to show her off. good luck
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #10
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211
CDAA - you will know in your heart when the time has come to say goodbye. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, but you will know, and you will have the strength.

Some say she will be heading to a place called the "Rainbow Bridge", and she'll wait for you there. Maybe you or others on this forum have heard of it? It's a comforting thought .....
It really IS like losing a member of the family!.. We had similar with a german shephard that was there for the 1st 13 yrs of the kids lives!
Re: the "rainbow bridge"... See below

http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
gtfpv
GT

15 years mate good effort. some of our most loyal companions, dont live long . but for a dog 15 years is a long life . sorry you have to part .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #12
XRchic
Hello

Im so sorry to hear that Colville, and I hope that today goes well for you and your family, regardless of what you decide to do. I can just imagine how hard that would be - would be like taking a child to be put down. Its just so sad, because our pets are so much like kids! They have their own personalities which are amazingly complex and so loving and loyal.

I remember having to get my cat put down on my birthday, because he had stomach cancer and was in so much pain. He was called Bronson, and I remember getting him as a kitten and he would sleep in my bed, with his head on my pillow, facing me, with the covers pulled up - like that every night. I would go to sleep hearing him purr. He was the cutest thing, and I loved him so much that went I travelled overseas, I missed him more than anyone else. When he got sick and I had to take him to the vet on that day, I knew that I was putting him out of his misery and that it was my last gift to him. But knowing that didnt change how hard it was to do. I was with him when he went and he was purring (as usual) when he went off to sleep. It seemed he was finally happy and at peace after all that pain. I was glad it ended that way.

I took him home and buried him in the backyard and I remember him all the time when I go back to my parents house - I look at where he lies and sometimes I go back and get pictures of him at various stages of his life.

So Colville, try and think that what you are doing is a gift to her, that you are showing her how much you love her. And when you remember her, as someone above said, remember her wagging tail, her big brown eyes looking at you, remember her bounding around as a puppy... just remember all the good times and look at her pics and she will not be forgotten.

She is a gorgeous dog too, absolutely adorable.

My thoughts are with you today mate.

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:12 AM   #13
LTD Spyder

I shed a tear reading your thread, it's never easy leaving them at the Vets for the final time, but, another "Puppy" might be around the corner.
We found ours as a "Dumped" white Poodle from the animal welfare league.
She has enriched our lives.
LTD Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #14
max
LWBforME

Oh mate, so sad to hear that. I've been there twice myself. A very gut wrenching time.
Hang in there... Dogs are a blessing I couldn't live without.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

i hear what your saying..this last 12 months for me have been difficult, putting down 2 of my staffordshire bull terriers(aged 15 & 13 years) having bred both of these dogs. If it couldn't get any worse on Sunday just past i had to euthanize one of our horses that has been with us for 25years.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 03:50 PM   #16
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Oh that is so sad. I feel for you and hope everything goes well (as well as it possibly can anyhow). Remember to think of all the good times.
Reading this has made me just want to go home and give my dog a big hug.
This reasures the fact that we should treasure every moment as we never know when someone/something won't be around and we should appreciate all the time we have with them. Animals and people!
Old 07-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #17
WASP
Whipple Induced

Thanks everybody for your kind words, stories and support. She has gone now. I just feel shattered. She seemed frightened. I have brought her home now. She seems so small. I have no idea if I have done the wrong thing or not. The kids took it badly as you can imagine. Not a great way to start the school holidays.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Thanks everybody for your kind words, stories and support. She has gone now. I just feel shattered. She seemed frightened. I have brought her home now. She seems so small. I have no idea if I have done the wrong thing or not. The kids took it badly as you can imagine. Not a great way to start the school holidays.
:(

Thats so sad. Ive been thinking about you all day, wondering how things are going. I dont think anything we can say will make you and the family feel better either.

Just take care mate, and I guess just try and remember her as happy and bouncing around!

Jac

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #19
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

If it be I grow frail and weak,
and pain should wake me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done,
for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
don't let your grief then stay your hand,
for this day, more than the rest,
your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
what is to come will have no fears;
you'd not want me to suffer...so,
when the time comes...please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend,
but stay with me until the end,
and hold me firm, and speak to me,
until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time, you, too, will see,
it is the kindness you do for me;
although my tail is last waved,
from pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,
who must decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two these years -
don't let your heart hold any tears.

And though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and
your heart.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #20
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Condolences to you and your family. It is a selfless decision to make and much more difficult to go through with. I know, i've had to do it with two of my dogs, as well as a mates. I shed many a tear for all of them. You have done the right thing and your friend is now at peace.
Take care.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #21
krt10
eskyman

we lost dog about 2 weeks ago. we had her for 11 years. i cant remember a day without her. she had a heart attack and died. i miss her so much and i still expect to see her when i come home. but theres nothing.
krt10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #22
gtfpv
GT

i lost a dog once . you'll cry for weeks . dont worry it's " NORMAL"
and you will eventually cry away all the sadness. cheers.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #23
opto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I honestly feel for you as I too adore Labradors even though we have a cat who we nearly lost this week bringing us to tears. He is extremely resiliant and we said our prayers and he is still with us.
Our cat had a turn and I had to take him to the vet soon after his turn, whilst waiting I saw a tough looking guy coming out of the vets room with tears streaming down his cheeks, he made no effort to wipe them, I think he wore them like badges of honour to his dog ( he looked like a dog owner ), I admired him for his courage.

To you and your family, my deepest sympathy, may you wear your tears like badges of honour to your faithful family member, may you have courage to remember the fond moments you shared and feel sad but be able to smile at the memories.
opto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #24
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Col, what a beautiful dog she was.

I am sorry for you and your families loss, Pets are wonderful things and considering how long shes been with you no doubt you will miss her for sometime. Its a hard decision to make but sometimes is for the best, and all you can do now is keep those special memories of her close by.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #25
Jock260
Cast Iron fan

i feel for ya mate, we have a beautiful golden lab, he's 14 now, got a very bad leg, i got him for my 1st birthday present,(im only 15) lol, i was a bit young but anyway, i havent gone a day without coming home and seeing him wait for me at the front door. it really crunches your heart when the poor bugger cant even get up sometimes. sad to hear about your dog mate.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #26
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CDAA my deepest sympathies to you and your family...been there done that......read 'Rainbow Bridge' and what Falcon Coupe posted.
umm thats all...lots of tears right now thinking of my rottie.sorry

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:42 PM   #27
Gimmers55
Black Jade Pony

Just read your story and felt very sad for you. Then I saw your update today an I shed a tear. My own 'woofer' (kelpie - healer cross who is a real moodometre) has been sitting here with me and she just put her paw on my lap and now I've lost it.

You'll be sad for a while then you'll remember all the funny and good times you had with her and smile with the memories.

Best wishes

Dave
Old 07-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #28
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sorry to hear your sad news Colville, remember the good times with her.

Our thoughts are with you.

Darin & family.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #29
iCat
doof doof doof doof

God . The grief you are going through .... sit quietly and you may feel her with you. I think there are many here who are grieving with you.

She would have been concerned just at the change of environment, but trusting because you were with her. You cannot feel right now whether you have done the right thing, but a little later you will realise your heart told you it was time, and you will find some solace in that. The pain you feel is enormous, but remember she now knows no pain, and that is goodness in itself.

Peace to you and your family.
iCat is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #30
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Oh Colville, my heart aches for you, your wife and your girls.

I know the story of your ute and I know how much you and your whole family loved that pup. I am in tears as I type this because I understand what its like to love and to lose your "best mate". Keep your gorgeous head up and take comfort in your memories and the simple fact that she had a wonderful long life filled with love and cuddles and mischievousness. Do something special to celebrate her - plant a lovely tree or shrub (maybe your littlies could help choose it) in the garden and make it a remembrance tree for your puppy. And then everytime you look at the tree you will remember her and how much joy she brought to your lives.

I am here for you mate, you know where to find me if you need to talk.

Tori xxx