Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-09-2010, 09:59 PM   #1
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Default Is a 3000rpm stall too much?

Was thinking about purchasing a torque converter soon and was going to get a 3000rpm one but a couple of people have said to me that its quite big for what I have. What are peoples experience with them?

Keep in mind that a supercharger will most likely be put on in the next few months and the car will be driven on the road on occasion.

Last edited by Windsor220; 24-09-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

How set are you on a stall? fuel economy and street manners will take a dive.

How about you get the Raptor first and then see if you want to go the stall route, given that you allready have 3.9 rear end it wont take much to get boosting.
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Cam
Stroking it...

As has been said above..I cannot see the point in going a 3000rpm stallie with a internally stock engine with a blower, especially with 3.9's. It's only going to make the car more doughy to drive at low throttle and make it harder to launch on street rubber..If you are after times on full slicks.. perhaps a different story..

So yes, IMO, on a stock engine with a small blower (like the raptor in your sig) a 3000rpm stallie is too big, 2500 will be more then enough..

My car is NA (with a small blower cam) and with it's 2800 rpm stallie, and about 580nm@2800rpm every kind of attempt to leave the line quickly ends in smoke. With a blower on an internally stock engine a 3000rpm stallie will be a complete waste... IMO anyway..

Once your blower setup is SORTED, then go looking for a stallie to suit...

*putting away my 2c*
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-09-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Yeah thinking about it now it might be a good idea going the supercharger first. Thanks for the opinions.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Windsor.I have been in an automatic v8 supercharged xr8. The box was stock and I can say that it was terrifying torque.No traction. With a 3000 stall in your car it will be awesome to drive and amazing on takeoff but you will need minimum 3.73 diff ratio..
Add a supercharger and the stall speed will rise up due to the extra torque and it will stall at 3500 to 4000 rpm as a possibility. If your car responds like the one I added boost gauge to then you will just need to save for gearboxes lol

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post