Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 22-07-2007, 08:50 AM   #31
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

DUDE!!!! Thats not good, glad to know you're ok.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #32
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OMG......that's a bad one Sean, as everyone else has said "at least your OK", I know you loved that car but at the end of the day the car can be replaced, gives you a whole new outlook on life doesn't it after walking away from one of those, good luck with it all mate.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #33
photn
AFF Post NAZI

thanks guys.....

XurbanX, the ambos came and checked me out. ive just got a sore shoulder which is bruised, and a graze on my elbow. i may go on monday and get an xray on the bruised shoulder, cause it sorta feels the same way it felt when i got a hairline fracture on my right arm in highschool.

And its true.... Built Ford TOUGH!

Not sure what ill be getting next. ive found another black panther in VIC that looks the same.. just hopinh it will still be there in 3 months when i get everything sorted.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:36 AM   #34
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Damn thats one hell of a mess you made of that car.

Glad to hear you are alive and well !
Old 22-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #35
goop

Sorry to see it that way, ouch! Good to see you're OK.

I've always thought the Fez was unnecessarily taily (and suprising) with its lift-off & brake oversteer..... it could catch any one of us out.

Swift recovery, better luck next time.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #36
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn

Not much to say really. was doing the speed limit and the rear end got a tad bit light.. applied the brakes (yes i now know that was the wrong thing to do) and then before i knew it i was fish tailing and hit the dirt embankment and rolled it.....

My air freshner is A OK.. the speed limit on that corner is 90 and there is no posted recomended speed limit..
I was not hooning, i was not speed and nor was i driving like an idiot. It was drizzling a bit, i slowed down a bit cause i was aware of it but obviously not enough

im alright, just some grazes on the right elbow and sore muscles.

If you dont have anything nice to say then bugger off my thread and dont post.

This is in fact my car, there are no stripes cause when the XR4 came out i destriped it.

there was no one else in the car, and no one on the road. i did not hurt any1
Dude,

This blows big time. All I can say is I'm glad you're ok. And as much as other people would have already said this before, money is only money, but you're health is the most important thing. From the looks of how the car ended up, things could have been a lot worse. Despite your misfortune somebody must have been looking out for you on that day.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #37
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Dude,

This blows big time. All I can say is I'm glad you're ok. And as much as other people would have already said this before, money is only money, but you're health is the most important thing. From the looks of how the car ended up, things could have been a lot worse. Despite your misfortune somebody must have been looking out for you on that day.
thanx dude...

and it was only just a week after i put my audio in.. which is ok cause it all still works.....ill get them out on monday and replaec them with the original speakers...

Old 22-07-2007, 11:22 AM   #38
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbtruk
Glad to hear your OK, Built FORD TOUGH that's for sure!
Thats the understatement of the year!1 lol.

Old 22-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #39
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Thats looks awful, but as everyone else has said the main thing is that you're still here to tell the tale. The car did it's job and looked after you.

Hope you feel better soon, and are back on the road again with no dramas.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:28 AM   #40
morbo

Wowsers! Glad that you are okay. I had an o sh!t moment when i saw the first pic...

What are you supposed to do when you fishtail anyway? It happened to me once and although i did manage to recover, i put it all to the car and not my driving ability.
morbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:37 AM   #41
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

JEBUZZZ!!!!!!!

Fev's are built strong, saved your life.
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAl
JEBUZZZ!!!!!!!

Fev's are built strong, saved your life.
so true...
Morbo im not sure exactly, but i know now NOT to hit the brake.

Old 22-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #43
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbo
Wowsers! Glad that you are okay. I had an o sh!t moment when i saw the first pic...

What are you supposed to do when you fishtail anyway? It happened to me once and although i did manage to recover, i put it all to the car and not my driving ability.
If a front wheel drive has lift off oversteer (which is made worse by applying the brakes), the best thing you can do is point the driving wheels in the direction you want to go and keep the throttle on. This pulls the front of the car in the direction of the road and reduces the amount the rear is trying to pass the front of the car, which reduces the possibility of losing the rear. However, sometimes the rear can be lost regardless of your reactions, depending on how big the oversteer was generated originally.

If a front wheel drive has understeer (turning the steering wheel but still going straight ahead), that is the time to get out of the throttle and slowly reduce the speed of the car to regain traction to the front wheels.

Still glad you're ok Sean, I bet you're sore today.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 12:26 PM   #44
Haemophiliac

oh man, thats so not cool. Of all the times for it to happen too, when you werent doing something stupid :P

good to hear your ok tho, thats the most important thing. Second most important thing is the insurance pay out so you can go buy an xr4 or 5 :P
K&N Panel Filter - Lowered King Springs - 17" ROH STRADA Rims - Black Clear Style Tail lights - Cat Back Exhaust - Miltek 4-2-1 Manifold and Hiflow Cat - Contemplating: Black Angel Eye Style Headlights
Haemophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #45
BlackLS

Quote:
Silverdale road mate. literally just before you hit silverdale. the corner before it says 60...
Jeez mate thats no good to see. Should have hit the e-brake twice ;) jkz

Silverdale Road is notorious for these kinds of accidents. I think I was caught out on the same corner or similar on my N12 Pulsar. Ended up going sideways down the road, overcorrected it, the back end flicked around and did a 180 to a halt.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #46
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Shyt Sean...I am speechless.

Just absolutely worried that you are OK. Make sure you go and have a checkup if you haven't already. You probably won't start feeling really sore for a few days.

No offence....but sod the car.... it's your health you need to worry about. Hope all goes well
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #47
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Glad to see you waked away from it mate. The rest of us can draw comfort on the fact that they're a very sturdy car. That first shot was a real shocker. All the best mate & hope you're back on the road soon.
Old 22-07-2007, 02:10 PM   #48
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
If a front wheel drive has lift off oversteer (which is made worse by applying the brakes), the best thing you can do is point the driving wheels in the direction you want to go and keep the throttle on. This pulls the front of the car in the direction of the road and reduces the amount the rear is trying to pass the front of the car, which reduces the possibility of losing the rear. However, sometimes the rear can be lost regardless of your reactions, depending on how big the oversteer was generated originally.

If a front wheel drive has understeer (turning the steering wheel but still going straight ahead), that is the time to get out of the throttle and slowly reduce the speed of the car to regain traction to the front wheels.

Still glad you're ok Sean, I bet you're sore today.

Timmeh
mate you have no idea how sore i am....left shoulder feels like a ton of bricks no matter ware i move it....but apart from that im okay....

when i was fishtailing i managed to catch it twicce but each time i cought it, it just got worse the next time untill i was travelling sideways and went towards the ditch!

yer the insurance will cover it, but as its a leaseed car the leasing company will just say, we want this much for it and the insurance will go.. mkay then no worries.. here you go.. i wont see a penny. but thats all good.. just gives me a chance/time to save up now and get me the XR4.... though i wish my XR4 had WP headlights and taillights..

Old 22-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #49
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Shyt Sean...I am speechless.

Just absolutely worried that you are OK. Make sure you go and have a checkup if you haven't already. You probably won't start feeling really sore for a few days.

No offence....but sod the car.... it's your health you need to worry about. Hope all goes well
thanks steve.. i should be better soon...

the ambo's checked me out and all that...said i was fine, but did say that i would get some bruising... ive just got some scratches on my elbow and thats all.. apart from that im fine.

Old 22-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #50
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
when i was fishtailing i managed to catch it twicce but each time i cought it, it just got worse the next time ..
Much like the times you raced me on the public streets in Hong Kong, ya? (plenty of tight corners, i dont like racing on Hong Kong streets).

Seriously tho, i didnt know what 2 say when Damo showed me the pic. Hope the shoulder is ok.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #51
goop

Quote:
just gives me a chance/time to save up now and get me the XR4....
May I humbly suggest that you save for and invest in some driver training before getting behind the wheel of a more powerful car?

I don't want to sound preachy as I haven't had training, either..... but then, I've never stuck a lo-po FWD car on its roof :

Good luck, anyhow.
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 03:41 PM   #52
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
May I humbly suggest that you save for and invest in some driver training before getting behind the wheel of a more powerful car?

I don't want to sound preachy as I haven't had training, either..... but then, I've never stuck a lo-po FWD car on its roof :

Good luck, anyhow.
thats a good idea.. and i didnt think of that.. thanks for that goop.. ill save up for both those things...

when i get the car ill do the driver training so i am prepared for next time.

thanks again Goop.

Old 22-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #53
jweb
radio off =save petrol :P

man,the fiesta stood up to it pretty well though.They have a good saftey rating so your lucky.If you where in a holden barina you would preobley not be here.Good to know your all right,Xr5 very nice go for it.
Old 22-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #54
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Wow man that's a bad stack...
How fast do you think you were going?

SHIFTN
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #55
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/1035
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #56
SHIFTN
CL&JW BATHURST CHAMPS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
How did he end up in the BACK seat?

-SHIFTN
SHIFTN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #57
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFTN
Wow man that's a bad stack...
How fast do you think you were going?

SHIFTN
the speed limit was 90 so id guess anyware between 80-90 cause i came out of the corner before hand and was slowly accelerating back up...

Old 22-07-2007, 05:45 PM   #58
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Sorry to hear mate, Always good to see you're alright, lucky it was a Ford you were driving
Your choice or Insurers to take it to Narellan Smash? I think everyone around here knows someone who works there, so good choice.
Will you get another leased car or are you on your own now?
Oh, and don't think this gets you out of the B Series & Euro meet!! You don't get to get out that easily! We have far too many shennanigans to pull!
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #59
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

Daaaamn thats a big smack mate glad to hear your ok! built ford tough alright! just as well if it was a new barina you probably would be alot more hurt more closer to not alive.

Out with the old in with the new. I know how it feels it aint nice at all, all the effort put into a car gone in a tick.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2007, 07:10 PM   #60
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Holy bajeesus mate, thats dayum scary!

Glad to see your ok! so unfortunate, i love these lil things, it seemed to hold up pretty well for rolling!
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post