Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2021, 06:20 PM   #16021
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arthur Rank View Post
What's the point I wonder? You can't believe a word out of those dickheads mouths anyway (CCP, not the citizens). If they were interested in transparency rather than saving face, they'd have shown some since the beginning.
I would have to agree.

The blood samples should be tested by an independent panel of testers from a combination of countries, appointed by the United Nations for complete transparency.
This user likes this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 08:10 PM   #16022
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I think the jail term under 12 months was deliberate, as to not affect their longer term job and travel prospects.
Fake license, fake tenancy agreement, lied on G2G pass.

If they are convicted for fraud I'd say that screws their jobs...fraud conviction definitely not something you'd want as a financial planner, and I don't think conviction is good for the other guy that has a liquor license either?

I mean might have seemed like a good idea at the time but I wonder if they thought through the possibly long-term ramifications, or if they just thought "And if things go south we'll get a good QC and buy our way out of trouble" without thinking of the severity of the possible charges...assuming they go for fraud that is, but hard to see how they don't?

Heard Titus O'Riley on the radio today saying, Melbourne supporters in prison, they're probably sending back their meals and asking to speak to the chef.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #16023
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

This is Covid related but out of left field.

Local court house is not allowing 'spectators' in and a person I have been reporting on is finally in before the judge end of next week.

Would love to be there to see what happens. Having said that it's only a 'mention' which is (from what I understand) a procedural attendance and they will use that day to book their final hearing where they get their punishment.

I already asked at the court house directly and they are not allowing anyone in till the end of the month. I'm hoping the final hearing date pushes through to November where the rules may change.

People allowed in: The accused, their representation and up to 2 support persons for the accused.

Will make a call tomorrow. Everything I'm finding is about people asking for permission to leave their area or cross borders.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 14-10-2021, 09:27 PM   #16024
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
and why aren't you 2 criticising this post - it is the same as mine?
The point of that post was me basically saying either everyone should get freedom, or no one. I don't like this idea of only some getting it.

I know many people who are either waiting for their first vaccine, second vaccine or waiting 2 weeks after the second to be fully covered. It's not just anti vax conspiracy theorists who are disadvantaged right now.

I know they want business back to normal asap, but people who are in limbo waiting shouldn't feel like they are missing out.

It's pretty stupid that a week ago a filthy unvaxed scumbag could buy a takeaway coffee, but now someone who has only 1 vaccine dose cannot buy a coffee because they are filthy unwashed scum.
It makes no sense.

I'd like to point out I don't think unvaxxed people are scum, it just seems society like to look down on them now.
I'm using satire to exaggerate a point

Last edited by Ben73; 14-10-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 14-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #16025
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

YF, are you potentially an interested party? That should at least allow you to be informed as to how it went. Maybe you can first speak to the registrar and then follow up with print.
Old 14-10-2021, 09:56 PM   #16026
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
yes thats how it presents, they are special eh.
AFL/NRL the main culprits - could have been worse could have been better.
I don't watch or get into the southern one BUT having been locked up and wearing out my couch as many of us have was thankful to watch sport even though I'm no nrl tragic thats for sure, watched more games recently than I have in 10yrs lol......
Shame they come across as entitled spoilt mongrels but thats their dna and culture.
No, that's their personal choice!.......
Old 14-10-2021, 10:16 PM   #16027
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
A lot of them don't trust the white man.

A lot of white men don't trust the indigenous population, nothing to do with racism, just have to be cautious around them, the grog is their issue, nothing else matters when you are thirsty!....any race, not just aboriginal!

I see em every time I go out, and avoid where possible, especially if they are ****ed, I don't trust em unless they are teetotallers, then it's all good with me!
Old 14-10-2021, 10:18 PM   #16028
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
It's pretty stupid that a week ago a filthy unvaxed scumbag could buy a takeaway coffee, but now someone who has only 1 vaccine dose cannot buy a coffee because they are filthy unwashed scum.
It makes no sense.

Just wait until we bring boosters in, it'll be filthy non booster people segregated from society, selfish anti boosters they will be.
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Old 14-10-2021, 10:46 PM   #16029
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
Just wait until we bring boosters in, it'll be filthy non booster people segregated from society, selfish anti boosters they will be.
Can't wait. I wonder if the government will order enough boosters before they make it compulsory or will they do exactly what they've done this time?

On a slightly related note I think anyone who has let their DTP vaccine run out shouldn't be allowed to participate in society.
Mine is up to date. That's all that matters. If anyone on here has let theirs run out well all I can say is "look who is suffering from the consequences of their own actions"
I've seen that phrase thrown around a lot lately.

If you haven't had a DTP vaccine in the last 10 years you're unvaccinated.
Old 15-10-2021, 07:11 AM   #16030
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The point of that post was me basically saying either everyone should get freedom, or no one. I don't like this idea of only some getting it.

I know many people who are either waiting for their first vaccine, second vaccine or waiting 2 weeks after the second to be fully covered. It's not just anti vax conspiracy theorists who are disadvantaged right now.

I know they want business back to normal asap, but people who are in limbo waiting shouldn't feel like they are missing out.

It makes no sense.

I'd like to point out I don't think unvaxxed people are scum, it just seems society like to look down on them now.
I'm using satire to exaggerate a point
ummmm, how long have vaccines been available

Yes I know at the start they were limiting to 1a, 1b etc but it hasn't been that way for a long time

Why should my wife and I and most of my family who took the opportunity early to be vaccinated when it became available to us be held back because of some peoples laziness, attitude, bloody mindedness, lethargy - what ever?????

We all know people are only rushing forward now for 2 reasons:
1: The DELTA variant has people worried
2: People are worried they won't get in anywhere
Old 15-10-2021, 07:15 AM   #16031
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

on another note, I see yesterday that they are stopping production of the AstraZeneca

No surprise in that, I guess they must be confident of supply of Moderna and Pfizer now
Old 15-10-2021, 08:23 AM   #16032
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon SXR8 View Post
You sound very angry!...not worth getting grey hair over it!
Old 15-10-2021, 08:33 AM   #16033
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Can't wait. I wonder if the government will order enough boosters before they make it compulsory or will they do exactly what they've done this time?

On a slightly related note I think anyone who has let their DTP vaccine run out shouldn't be allowed to participate in society.
Mine is up to date. That's all that matters. If anyone on here has let theirs run out well all I can say is "look who is suffering from the consequences of their own actions"
I've seen that phrase thrown around a lot lately.

If you haven't had a DTP vaccine in the last 10 years you're unvaccinated.
Why not tell everyone what your DTP means, I have not got the slightest idea that I have had or need boosting with a vaccine I never knew I had or needed, assuming D = diphtheria would T = tetanus and P?...and I could google but I want you to tell me and others who don't really know what it is, and, why without it I and others cannot participate in society!

Old 15-10-2021, 08:41 AM   #16034
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
on another note, I see yesterday that they are stopping production of the AstraZeneca

No surprise in that, I guess they must be confident of supply of Moderna and Pfizer now
Nothing’s more Australian than passing up local production in favour of an imported item.
Old 15-10-2021, 09:06 AM   #16035
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Nothing’s more Australian than passing up local production in favour of an imported item.
Reminds me of an old Frank Zappa song, Cheepnis, 1973 " Live at the Roxy" was the album, not sure why it was not called Cheapness, the spelling was intentional and cheap!

About 60's Japanese monster movie, you see Godzilla being pushed out of a cave by a 4x2 timber, that's cheapness, and its the same now, everything is cheaper if made in Asia, vaccines included!
Old 15-10-2021, 09:35 AM   #16036
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
particularly when the imported product is safer for the wider population

So, you are not going to have the Moderna or Pfizer coz it's imported - cool

I thought the Victorian Government was negotiating with someone to start production of a vaccine in Victoria other than AZ - I can't remember the details
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 09:57 AM   #16037
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Unfortunately the concept of a “safer” vaccine has likely caused deaths where people eschewed the readily available option in favour of waiting, unprotected.

The twelve week period has mostly not bothered me, the last week has dragged a bit. And as our mate in Newcastle alludes to, I’ll absolutely be one of the people taking it cautiously in the fortnight after my next dosage. If the government asked us to wait a fortnight or month longer in Sydney while they had a red hot go at raising vaccination levels in remote indigenous populations, I’d wear it.

In terms of risk, an interesting snippet from just weeks ago: https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...n-past-week-tg
Old 15-10-2021, 10:47 AM   #16038
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

NSW/VIC

NSW records 400 cases in the current period and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 0.9695 (from 0.9680) while the actual line remains above the predictive trend line and based on the 3rd order polynomial, that trend line has a downward curve.

VIC records 2,297 cases in the current period (another new record) and the 10-day average growth rate increases to 1.0356 (from 1.0688) while the actual line is back about level with the predictive trend.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 15-10-2021, 11:23 AM   #16039
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
In terms of risk, an interesting snippet from just weeks ago: https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/cli...n-past-week-tg
even more interesting is the comments by the Doctors below the comments
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 11:48 AM   #16040
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
This is Covid related but out of left field.

Local court house is not allowing 'spectators' in and a person I have been reporting on is finally in before the judge end of next week.

Would love to be there to see what happens. Having said that it's only a 'mention' which is (from what I understand) a procedural attendance and they will use that day to book their final hearing where they get their punishment.

I already asked at the court house directly and they are not allowing anyone in till the end of the month. I'm hoping the final hearing date pushes through to November where the rules may change.

People allowed in: The accused, their representation and up to 2 support persons for the accused.

Will make a call tomorrow. Everything I'm finding is about people asking for permission to leave their area or cross borders.
Whats on your side here is the speed at which things move in the court system. Pandemic will likely be over before the next hearing
3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 01:04 PM   #16041
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT October 14th 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

2,690 new cases for Australia (another record high) and 18 deaths so the CMR is 1.099%.

72 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.580%.

The UK had 44,556 cases yesterday and 157 deaths for a CMR of 1.662%.

101,715 new cases in the USA yesterday and 2,276 deaths sees CMR at 1.625%.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 240M, the last 1M in 2 days;
Europe passes 61M cases;

Latvia (2,408);
Australia (2,690); and
Russia (31,299) - the previous high on 24/12/20;

... recorded new highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

No countries move above the 90th percentile for the 10 day period while no countries drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #16042
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Some “courageous” decisions coming out of the NSW government today.

1. End to quarantine (home or hotel) for international arrivals who are demonstrably vaccinated and pass a PCR test prior to arrival.

2. Delay in permission to travel between Sydney and regional NSW until 1st November.

NB: All other “80% milestone” details as per existing NSW roadmap.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 01:46 PM   #16043
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

1. End to quarantine (home or hotel) for international arrivals who are demonstrably vaccinated and pass a PCR test prior to arrival.

2. Delay in permission to travel between Sydney and regional NSW until 1st November.

It's going to be a tale of two countries soon.

NSW, Vic, ACT vs QLD, WA, NT, SA, Tas
Old 15-10-2021, 02:29 PM   #16044
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Not sure "courageous" is the appropriate term. There is an interesting pattern emerging with NSW premiers, making big calls without thinking through the ramifications to other states. Whilst it will realistically not increase the risk for NSW, VIC and ACT, other states that aren’t vaxxed yet will need to up their border patrol. NT isn’t due to hit 80% double dose until 2nd week of Dec. You can bet there will be more than a handful of tourists / backpackers coming here for a jolly good time that will try sneak across.

The national roadmap said 70% and 80% national average for a very good reason.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
4 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #16045
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
It's going to be a tale of two countries soon.

NSW, Vic, ACT vs QLD, WA, NT, SA, Tas
I think we've been at that point for a while now. But it's going to become a bigger divide.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #16046
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Not sure "courageous" is the appropriate term. There is an interesting pattern emerging with NSW premiers, making big calls without thinking through the ramifications to other states. Whilst it will realistically not increase the risk for NSW, VIC and ACT, other states that aren’t vaxxed yet will need to up their border patrol. NT isn’t due to hit 80% double dose until 2nd week of Dec. You can bet there will be more than a handful of tourists / backpackers coming here for a jolly good time that will try sneak across.

The national roadmap said 70% and 80% national average for a very good reason.

We are talking people who have tested negative and that are fully vaxxed. Less of a risk than the general NSW population. Sounds like they have considered the ramifications, and discounted the hysteria.

3 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #16047
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Not sure "courageous" is the appropriate term.
It’s from Yes, Prime Minister.
5 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #16048
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It’s from Yes, Prime Minister.
Lol, haven't watched it, but I did just read that the decision bypassed the Prime Minister and national cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked
We are talking people who have tested negative and that are fully vaxxed. Less of a risk than the general NSW population. Sounds like they have considered the ramifications, and discounted the hysteria.
Yeh, tests administered by airlines, and we know how well that went previously with flights from India. Citizens of this country act differently to tourists / backpackers, its a different risk profile. The move will make perfect sense once we are vaxxed.

I'm guessing the national roadmap means nothing now.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #16049
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the hologram is actually a functional anti fraud measure!

Quote:
‘They will become more desperate’: Vaccination fraudsters shut down

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...13-p58zle.html

How to check if a vaccine certificate is real in Victoria
View the certificate as part of the Service Victoria app check-in process, rather than just the vaccine certificate by itself.

When someone checks in with the Service Victoria app, a flickering State Victoria symbol will appear in the background. In the Service Victoria app, the moving Australian coat of arms should appear in the background. The fake certificates have a flickering line.

The valid certificate in the Service Victoria app only contains name, date of birth and ‘valid from’. Fake certificates can also include document number, healthcare identifier, vaccination types, last updated and disclaimer.

Source: Professor Matt Warren, Director of the RMIT University Centre for Cyber Security Research & Innovation

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Old 15-10-2021, 03:00 PM   #16050
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

To be serious, I think the big announcement by NSW is a strategy play.

If the Prime Minister attempts to intervene in pursuit of conformity by NSW with the National Roadmap, then it raises the stakes for reasonable expectation that other states will also be addressed with respect to mooted deviations from that document.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread