Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2005, 08:55 AM   #1
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Default Whos been to the mountains? *PICS*

So this summer I went and spent some time in Colorado, up in the mountains, doing some 4x4ing. <I realize this isn't a 4x4 related site, but everyone loves pictures>

Your production crew:

I think this old mining stuff looks so cool.

Stopped on the side of the road and took pictures of this valley. These pictures don't do the scenery any justice. You have no idea of the depth unless you've been there.

Snow in the middle of August? The weather here was awesome. It felt like about 35-38 degrees (F) up there. The snow stays in parts year round. It never gets warm enough for long enough to completely melt it.

And it only gets colder as you go to the top. Started feeling weird around 13,000 feet. The thinness of the air really gets to you. Its kinda like a drug. I WANT MORE!!!!!

The way we just came. If you look where the road bends you can see little square looking things. Those are other vehicles. They're full sized, so you can sort of get an idea of the distance.

Another shot of the top of the pass. This is whats out infront of my truck in the 2nd previous shot.

This is the way down. You can see another vehicle in the switchback. It will be nice to work my way down into some real air. Being up in the altitude for too long and I think I might pass out.

Near the end of the trail, this tunnel was just too gorgeous of a shot to pass up.

Old 15-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Some nice pics there, reminds me of Banff.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Mmmmm cold mountains, one of my favourite things. Never been anywhere exciting but I'd love to head to some of the mountainous regions of North America.
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
Mrs347stroker
Banned

Default My Photo

This is a photo of me Bungy Jumping in Queenstown NZ a few years back. The bungy cage was hanging between two mountains. It was the scarriest thing I have ever done. I had the best views of mountains up there while it took me 10mins to get the guts to jump.

(This is the first time I have attached a photo so I hope it works).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BungyJump.jpg (50.5 KB, 84 views)
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
ImpulseTaco
n00b

your definately a braver soul than I am. I have no wish to take a jump. Its like skydivers in my mind. I mean, why jump out of a perfectly good airplane?
Old 15-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
BJ
Banned

You lucky bars!@d how good is it over there. I have been to Canada years ago and had a bloody ball almost didnt come back, bloody green cards.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Aussie Falcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great photos, I've been to Cortez and Mese Verde in Colorado it's an amazing place to drive through.

http://photosbychris.smugmug.com/photos/13205277-L.jpg

http://photosbychris.smugmug.com/photos/13205280-L.jpg
Aussie Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #8
rodderz

Great pics... the last few weeks I've been hooked on google earth travelling everywhere, and there are parts of the USA that I'de love to go to- California, Wyoming, Colorado to name a few
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 03:34 AM   #9
ImpulseTaco
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Falcon
Great photos, I've been to Cortez and Mese Verde in Colorado it's an amazing place to drive through.

http://photosbychris.smugmug.com/photos/13205277-L.jpg

http://photosbychris.smugmug.com/photos/13205280-L.jpg
The Ghila (prounounced hee-la) cliff dwellings. I went and toured those with my family when I was younger. It was awesome. I agree, Mesa Verde is an gorgeous place. The roads are awesome, winding along the sides of mountains, just as long as your careful not to burn the brakes going downhill. (Dad did that on our vacation)