Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 
Default 4 months ago and big thank you..

4 months ago I was in Westmead hospital near to death with doctors telling me I had suffered a heart attack and heart damage.The heart damage would have meant limited activity for me and reduced lifespan.At 37 years of age and being a non smoker it stopped me i my tracks! After 3 stents I went home only to end up back in right up to Australia day in January.The medication had reduced my heart beat dramatically and blood pressure to dangerous levels.I was told not to go to sleep or I may not wake up.....
A stress test some time later and I was told that there was no evidence of heart damage or a heart attack at all !! After a heart attack I read that the whiter blood cells attack the damged cells of the heart and cause more damage..The remedy was to consume a little alcohol every 48 hours!!! This stopped the white blood cells from attacking healthy tissue!!

Tonight I took the plunge an went back to my beloved kung fu. This was a big leap forward for me as I got through 99% of the training without hiccups.
I pushed myself to the limit of my endurance and stopped only with the most
extreme exercise which had 25 year olds gasping for air. It kind of feels like a milestone for me.
If I awake up tomorrow it will be great. Hopefully my stents copped a clean tonight. It gets to the stage where I am thankful for all things in my life and all good people.
Id like to give a big thanks to my forum buddies .A special thanks to Bluehoon who was on the phone as soon as he heard and to Mick Mercieca of Telstra in Sydney who left a lifelong impression in my mind with a conversation we had some years ago thanks all.
Stavros ...stingray car security.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

sounds like your certainly back on track. Welcome to the rest of your life mate.

I bet the whole experience has adjusted your views on alot of things.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
rodderz

Good stuff Stav

Goes to show that even though we may be fit, we still have to look after ourselves in all aspects. Not just for us but for the family too who will also suffer
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #4
Kryton

good to hear its all back on track and it stays that way. doesnt really leave much hope for me though since i smoke and drink more than i should....fruit....what is fruit?
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Good stuff Stav

Goes to show that even though we may be fit, we still have to look after ourselves in all aspects. Not just for us but for the family too who will also suffer
I was trying to find some meanning out of it and the biggest lesson was to be kind to ourselves first. We get so caught up in looking after the family and making piles of cash that we forget to look after ourselves properly. Getting frustrated with unreasonable people and putting up with lies/bad behaviour has become a thing of the past for me.I dont bottle it up anymore.But on the other side I dont listen.I nod my head and get on with my day.

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 16-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Awsome, you're Kung Fu must be strong....... :jab:
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2006, 11:48 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
I was trying to find some meanning out of it and the biggest lesson was to be kind to ourselves first. We get so caught up in looking after the family and making piles of cash that we forget to look after ourselves properly. Getting frustrated with unreasonable people and putting up with lies/bad behaviour has become a thing of the past for me.I dont bottle it up anymore.But on the other side I dont listen.I nod my head and get on with my day.

It is good that you have a second chance, or had only a warning call.. which ever you may prefer to call it.
Sounds like your on the mend and with the attitude you have I think the only thing you can expect is great improvement..

It is good to see someone really trying to find something positive out of something scary and realising what life means to you...

I really hope things continue to improve

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:25 AM   #8
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Glade to see you're up and running....
By the sounds not too much running...Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

That's great news.

Congratulations on your personal acheivment and i hope things just continue to improve and there's a long, happy road ahead.
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:44 AM   #10
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
If I awake up tomorrow it will be great.
Good to see you are not asking for too much Stav! All the best, hope you continue the recovery to what you had before
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #11
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
That's great news.

Congratulations on your personal acheivment and i hope things just continue to improve and there's a long, happy road ahead.
Agree! Keep up the good work, even though I don't know you personally, it's always good to get a second chance. It certainely changes your outlook on life!
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #12
Stav
Smile

Well I did wake up today ..so last nights trainning didnt totally stuff me up.Its funny but ..a bit of good has come out of it.Amazing how many people have stopped smoking and eating junk food because of what happened.

Old 17-05-2006, 09:56 AM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I feel a lot better after giving up the ciggies 12 months ago ... i really shouldn't have started them in the first place.

My Dad died in 1990 of a massive heart attack at age 40 and died within 15 minutes of trying to revive him ... I thought he was the healthiest person around ... and very strong as well ... and not overweight either.

Turns out i have the same condition which is hereditary ... so I have to take it easy ... but be smart with diet and exercise as well.

I am dreading having a heart attack ... but when not looking after my health though I have noticed a few early signs though ... and that scares me enough into doing something about it. I just need to keep taking my medication every single day .. and make sure I keep up the exercise and good diet.

I hope things keep going well for you mate ... sounds like it has really changed your life and made you appeciate all the things that people take for granted.

Live life one day at a time ... and enjoy each day as you go.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #14
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Live life one day at a time ... and enjoy each day as you go.
Thats the best way to do it!
Good to hear everything is going well Stavros! :
Old 17-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #15
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great to hear. Good on ya Stav.
Old 17-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #16
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

It's been 4 months???

I remember reading the thread stating you had come across some major health scares and it shocked me.

Good to see you're still in high spirits Stav.

Kenny
Old 17-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

What an amazing post. Thanks for sharing stavros - sounds like you're beating the odds mate. No - no beating... smashing them to pieces!

All the best - sounds like you're truly appreciating life which is a unique outlook in this day and age.
Old 17-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #18
gtfpv
GT

stavros . your story is an inspiration to me. thanks for sharing it with us . i'm glad you've learnt and share things that lots of us take for granted. i guess a + for you is that you know your health status and something has been done to counteract it. cheers and have a long life matey.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #19
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Thanks for sharing the story, it is good to see your starting to do the things you enjoy again. Good luck with it all, hope it all goes well
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #20
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

You better look after yourself Stav! OMG what would I do without you?!! I swear to god, if you have another heart attack - I'll kill you myself :

On a serious note though, I'm glad to hear you're back on track
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #21
BlackLS

Hey Stav,

Good to see that your back on track and getting on with it.

I remember meeting you in person on your first day back, and felt your determination for everything that you do. This is what brought you back to 100% I have no doubt.

You have certainly made an impact on my life, where I'm getting more conciencious about what I eat and how much. Also trying do more physical work.

Take it easy mate,
Chris
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #22
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Best of luck Stav, I couldnt believe it when you told me last week, with out our health everything else in life is not worth much,take it easy and good luck with the kung foo,stin iyea sou brother.
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #23
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Thanks for that Stav, you have just reminded me of whats really important in life, because sometimes we forget. Hope all goes well for you in your recovery mate, Im off now to give the family a hug.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #24
stiddy
Banned

Good to see your still kicking old man lol.. hey.. you know.. if you need any help or a buddy to consume this alcohol with every 48hrs, you have my number lol.

But on a serious note, its good to see your recovering and are back on your feet
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #25
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Thats awesome to hear. Glad you're doing well.

Dad says hi!!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2006, 07:34 PM   #26
BI6TIM
SnortPerformance.com

Built Ford Tough, hey?
BI6TIM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #27
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stav,

Great to hear all is going well matey ...... Keep it up but dont push it too hard .......

We love having you around :P
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #28
Stav
Smile

Thanks guys.. I will try to keep enjoying everything and not overdo it.

Old 20-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #29
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Well its good that you are back healthy Stav. You should of seen these man at our club meeting. Jumping up and down like a Jack Russle Terrior. Full of energy. Its great to see you well.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post