Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-07-2008, 08:47 PM   #1
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Default Plenty rd, Blue van speed cam

hey, as some may be aware there was a blue van with a camera on a tripod about 2 metres to the back left of the vehicle facing towards on coming traffic, outside the District High school(>?<) near summerhill. I am just wondering if this particular setup is an actual camera, or does it just check your reading and you get pulled up down the road(as I did see 2 cars getting pulled up up the road, by 2 cop cars)

kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

who knows, you'll find out in a couple of weeks!
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

haha jumping the gun buddy, no i wasn't speeding i seen the thing stand out like dogs balls
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

What you are describing is a rego checking setup. Camera checks your rego against the rego database and you get pulled up if there are any discrepancies.

At least thats how I understand it.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
SE Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
What you are describing is a rego checking setup. Camera checks your rego against the rego database and you get pulled up if there are any discrepancies.

What he said..

Was it a mercedes van?? Been out this way (Yarra Valley) a bit. It checks rego electronically and if it's expired or stolen or the owner has lost their licence the coppers down the road will pick you up..

It sticks out a fair bit from the side/back of the van, i'd be tempted if i had a bullbar to clean it up.
SE Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute
What he said..

Was it a mercedes van?? Been out this way (Yarra Valley) a bit. It checks rego electronically and if it's expired or stolen or the owner has lost their licence the coppers down the road will pick you up..

It sticks out a fair bit from the side/back of the van, i'd be tempted if i had a bullbar to clean it up.
Why?

I can understand those vans in Vic for pinging you for 3kph over but that setup actually sounds like one I'd want to see more of on the roads.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

They have the tripod set up on the Road to Phillip Island, that one is a speed camera..............
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #8
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty

Had a mate a couple of years ago get a letter from Qld Transport to present for inspection because it was blowing excessive smoke and I believe that the photo was one of these setups. So maybe it has multi purposes.

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING US EVERY WHICH WAY. :
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post