Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 17-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Default Pro Street: Most Glitch Filled Game Ever???

I am really annoyed with all the glitches that keep happening with my NFS Pro Street game.

1)Manual Mode is stuck on!! I drive an automatic in grip racing and I can't turn manual mode off. It says in the options that I am not on Automatic but it's not working!

2)Something wrong with old muscle cars on the strip!! As soon as you change into 4th it bogs down and actually decreases in speed! So I have a choice of bouncing the limiter in third or slowing down in fourth!

3)My Shelby GT500 is slow!! On the strip it did a quarter in 40 seconds!! It has trouble revving and getting past 60. It is completely stock and untuned. My Cobalt works but not the Shelby??

4)Engine sound not working?? It works when your revving up at the start line and then it just disappears!!

My mate has a Playstation 3 and has suffered the exact same problems. WTF is going on??

sleekism is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too have noticed these on my mates 360...
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh mate i also have some of these problems. The Shelby GT500 is extremely slow!!! which ****ed me off.

I dont have a problem with manual mode as you do but i have it in manual anyway.

All the other problems you listed I have also. The one reason i bought this was i wanted to take some muscle cars done the strip, but i also found that once u hit 4th gear it will bog down.

There are some major problems with this game.
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #4
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Man that sucks that was looking like the next game I was going to buy.

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive got it on PS2.
glad i didnt buy the GT500 now.. my lambo goes like stink though.. top speed of 415kms lol it has literally lifted off the ground on very slight crests and sent me straight off into cliffs hehe(i got from 25 to 4 total repair markers last night trying to do speed races in it :P
i have a pagani but i havnt finished doin it up.. but i set that as grip cuz my evoX sucks balls.. weird thing is its got stage 3 forced induc and drivetrain but it says it does 4.1sec to 100 when the real car does it in like 3.5 secs stock.. wtf

ive had the problem my drag car Dodge charger R/t, change into fourth and some how the car bouches off the groud lol like from a wheelie the front comes down when the gear changes and the rear end bounces.. i still end up doing 8.30's so not too big of a problem.. fastest ive done was a 7.03 but ive never come close to that again :(

i love my charger oh and my lambo and my AE86... hehe

anyone have the Ae86? i cant get more then 156hp out of the damn thing!! ive got stage 3 everything, stage 4 brakes(not that they help power) and ive only got 156hp lol.. i still own in drifting but i need more power from the thing
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
Man that sucks that was looking like the next game I was going to buy.
I reckon the previous Need For Speed Carbon is a much better game. It seems the rice crowd got a hold on the new game and somehow the Muscle Cars have gotten slower and the Ricers are now unbelievably quick.

Graphics are odd too kind of cartoony.Carbon looked better and the V8's on Carbon sounded awesome. I used to turn the volume right up on Carbon and just listen to the old Shelby idling away.

Forza2 is a good driving game as well
Old 17-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah butnot as much fast fun on forza then the NFS games.. i liked carbon better too.. i like free driving and runnin from the cops, and crashing into the cops, and making cops crash into other people.... and such

What the fastest quarter mile times you have done on pro street?
Old 17-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Xitdxr
1.8 Turbo baby

I dont have any of the glitches and i have finished the game. the GT500 is just slow, its not a fast car in the game for whatever reason. fastest 1/4 mile i have done is with the 350Z 6.99sec, the 1/2 mile same car 10.56sec. I do use manual though, i wonder if its cause your using auto that your having these glitches.

I hate carbon, was an absolute waste of time, the best release is Most Wanted without a doubt.
Xitdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xitdxr
I dont have any of the glitches and i have finished the game. the GT500 is just slow, its not a fast car in the game for whatever reason. fastest 1/4 mile i have done is with the 350Z 6.99sec, the 1/2 mile same car 10.56sec. I do use manual though, i wonder if its cause your using auto that your having these glitches.

I hate carbon, was an absolute waste of time, the best release is Most Wanted without a doubt.
I highly doubt that a stock Shelby GT500 can only do the quarter in 40 seconds, has a top speed of 80kays and revs up to only 4000rpm.

I kinda really doubt that.
Old 17-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #10
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol 6.99 in a 350z!! crazy.. i really need to fix up my gear ratios on the charger but i just cant get them right
Old 17-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #11
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

I had this POS game for less than a week before I returned it for a full refund... Needless to say I will not be bothering with any of the Need For Speed games again... Gran Turismo FTW

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the driving simulators are never as fun though.. sure they last a hell of alot long, are more detailed, real racing tracks etc they just dont have that fast actionie fun that NFS does.. atleast they have introduced tuning abilities into it
Old 17-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #13
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
the driving simulators are never as fun though.. sure they last a hell of alot long, are more detailed, real racing tracks etc they just dont have that fast actionie fun that NFS does.. atleast they have introduced tuning abilities into it
But all NFS Pro Street is, is a lame driving simulator.

What set Need For Speed apart was the street racing and cop chases.

Now as a "legit" game it just comes off as a second rate driving simulator nowhere near as good as Forza 2 in graphics, tuning or anything. The tuning in Pro Street is sheiBe. I like Forza where they tell you WHAT the mods are and it actually makes a felt difference.

Need For Speed from Hot Pursuit 2 to Carbon was awesome. WTF happened?
Old 17-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #14
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats true.. i think the conservatives and poloticians got to the creators against "street racing" and avoiding cops and all that.. you just like they got to Carmageddon when it came out(although that got banned.. mad game though lol)
Old 17-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #15
Agent86
Not so low, not so slow.

bugger that.
I still think testdrive unlimited is the go...

twin turbo saleen
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #16
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have not played that actually, i used to play test drive back on Ps1 though lol
Old 17-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #17
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

I've got a GT500 but it's been modded and it runs 7.9 Quarters. WIll some mods and the right tune these things are awesome.

The biggest problem I found is in the High speed points races. On minute your going around a big bend about 500m before the overhead and then BAM!!!. For some stupid reason the car gears up and you loose about 100klmh.

BULLSHIT, I got sick of it a bought TIMESHIFT, that game is crazy.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

vandr, you sure you geared whatever you were using for speed races righT? ive never had that problem.. my usual problem in those races is hitting telegraph poles at 390kms... or getting airborn, landing awkwardly and spearing off the side of the bridge in the desert.. i wish there were replays, some things ive done in that game ive just wanted to watch again and again but you cant :(
Old 17-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #19
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

xbox 360 sucks the foot long, i had 5 games with mine, 2 different consoles and every game but call of duty had major issues. forza was by far the worst with the track vanishing as your playing, or freezing up the system. I just bought a PS3 cant wait to get that new racing game GT5, it looks great, but so did NFS Pro Street.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my (ps3) game keeps freezing after you finish a race then the only way to fix it is to quit the game then restart it its really ****ing me off!!! :evil3:

Last edited by Oxa384; 17-01-2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: typo
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #21
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpades
bugger that.
I still think testdrive unlimited is the go...

twin turbo saleen
yeah for sure,, test drive rocks it...

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #22
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Pro Street has the worst menu ever...
Old 18-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #23
sleekism
1999 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Not to mention I think the announcer is in love with "cooper"

One time he said "You know who is looking hot?, COOPER"

I'm gettin a lot of gay vibes from that game,,,,,,,,,
Old 18-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #24
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i hate that announcer although somtimes he is pretty funny.. and that Ryo , im sure he isnt that much of a duck in real life..

prostreet has the worst menu out of any car game ive played. you cant change the camera angle while your doing autosculpt.. 80% of the time you cant even see what your doing! but i still like the driving side of it
Old 18-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #25
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

The whole game sucks really...

No replay value at all. I just like doing up the cars.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #26
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

why did u make a thread of this i already had a thread on this

look here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11197594
Old 18-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #27
Bax
Projecting

Wow, have any of you contacted the developer and asked why? I'm sure there will be an update but that's pathetic.

Goes to prove that the only good need for speeds were 1 and 3. With 1 being the best ever.
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #28
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekism
I am really annoyed with all the glitches that keep happening with my NFS Pro Street game.

1)Manual Mode is stuck on!! I drive an automatic in grip racing and I can't turn manual mode off. It says in the options that I am not on Automatic but it's not working!

2)Something wrong with old muscle cars on the strip!! As soon as you change into 4th it bogs down and actually decreases in speed! So I have a choice of bouncing the limiter in third or slowing down in fourth!

3)My Shelby GT500 is slow!! On the strip it did a quarter in 40 seconds!! It has trouble revving and getting past 60. It is completely stock and untuned. My Cobalt works but not the Shelby??

4)Engine sound not working?? It works when your revving up at the start line and then it just disappears!!

My mate has a Playstation 3 and has suffered the exact same problems. WTF is going on??
This game is made by EA, don't be suprised. The last GOOD NFS Game they made was HP2. Thats before the game lost all focus, it was better when it was jump in a super car and get away from the cops rather than what it is now. Don't worry though because knowing EA there will be another need for speed game on the shelf in the next 5 minutes.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #29
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

anyone played juiced2?

i dont actually mind it, pretty fun! doesn't try to be too much of a sim so it makes a nice change from forza.
Old 18-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #30
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
anyone played juiced2?

i dont actually mind it, pretty fun! doesn't try to be too much of a sim so it makes a nice change from forza.
no but i got the game but my computer can't run it