Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 17-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #31
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
yeah but some of us need to drive our cars to work every day, so 3.7s can be a bit of a compromise i guess
Champ.. I have 3.7 diff gears.They are fine. Sorry for getting off track.Ill go into the corner and keep quiet. :dr_Evil:

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 06:00 PM   #32
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats enough you two, i need reasons NOT to modify my ute, im gonna end up broke :eclipsee_
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #33
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8ute
I drive my car to work every day with 3.9's (130kms a day), not that much worse than the 3.45's to be honest...
I haven't had the speedo recalibrated yet so I don't actually know what I'm getting economy wise (my trip meter still thinks I'm getting 580-620ks out of a tank). but that shows that all else being equal, I haven't lost any economy through the edit or convertor.
Is your speedo calibrated for your diff xr8ute? and if so, was it just a matter of changing the gear on the sender on the tranny?
70 Mustang Mach1 351 4V/Shaker Auto

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
'88 60 Series Landcruiser Turbo Diesel.
Komatsu 830E Haul Pac- 2500hp, 165tonnes.
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V :Unfinished business.
Tri Power 289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #34
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Once again guys Awesome Stuff! Terry, that car is just amazing. Wish we got a grudgy at the drag day but by the looks of it, you've shot off and left me lol.
Also Terry, go for a time don't worry about economy! Theres gotta be more in it

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #35
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I'm honered to get a mention personally.. nicely baited but no, I shall congratulate you on an excellent time. I'm planning to start running again fairly soom myself as Hamo's 14.30 has stood for well over a year now and needs to be beaten one of these days. I'd like to get there and beyond before the weather warms up myself.

Dont think so Alex, I'm more than happy with my own path.
Don't stress Casper we are all here to help each other,if you need some help to get that car of yours going just let these guys know.I might even take out the Fairmont EB 6 for a spin next time. :evil_laug
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #36
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Power 289
Is your speedo calibrated for your diff xr8ute?
Nope, its not calibrated. However I did change the gear in the VSS so that the speedo was only about 9% out rather than (i think?) 14% out.

Easier to mentally calculate the speed correction as when its 10% than 15% ;)

Also, when I calculate fuel usage, I reduce the distance on the trip meter by 10%.

The speedo calculator on Fordmods, http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=30, came in handy when I was trying to work stuff out.

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 09:14 PM   #37
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

That's a fantastic time mate well done, your in good hands.
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #38
DABOSS
BA Black Edition

Great effort to all the guys at ACE and Blue Power as a combined effort it's a winning recipe, To anyone else that thinks otherwise good luck.

I for one as everyone else know the boys at ACE ( Craig ) Blue Power ( Chris )
they are a force to be reckoned with when it goes to tuning BA BF AU's etc
they put in 110% into everyone's cars no matter what they drive in like, But I'll tell one thing when there done they drive out with a grin ear to ear.

The real proof is in the pudding, Timeslip's don't lie. :evil3:
Old 17-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #39
hot460

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABOSS
Great effort to all the guys at ACE and Blue Power as a combined effort it's a winning recipe, To anyone else that thinks otherwise good luck.

I for one as everyone else know the boys at ACE ( Craig ) Blue Power ( Chris )
they are a force to be reckoned with when it goes to tuning BA BF AU's etc
they put in 110% into everyone's cars no matter what they drive in like, But I'll tell one thing when there done they drive out with a grin ear to ear.

The real proof is in the pudding, Timeslip's don't lie. :evil3:

I second that!!!!!!!!!! :
Old 17-06-2006, 11:46 PM   #40
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Well done Tri power, saw your run well done. JC
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 11:50 PM   #41
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Well done Terry you had a grin on your face on Thursday night now you must be grinning from ear to ear.
Mate the best thing l can see is that it brings back memories when Chris and l first started racing my car as mine was the first BA XR8 into Chris's workshop and from what is happening with your car is just the start of better things to come.

And also Chris really gets a buzz of seeing his customers/mates run PB's every time we go out and race....

lf l haven't said it before Blue Power Rulz......as l don't see any other workshop go out and support his customers at the track like Chris and Craig do.

Cheers Chris
X ORSMXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #42
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER
Don't stress Casper we are all here to help each other,if you need some help to get that car of yours going just let these guys know.I might even take out the Fairmont EB 6 for a spin next time. :evil_laug
As Brigadier General McAuliffe so famously said.... NUTS.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #43
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
As Brigadier General McAuliffe so famously said.... NUTS.
Very good Casper, but this isn't the Battle of the Bulge.
Were supposed to be on the same side.
And even if it was, Chris would be Eisenhower, being a Ford man all his life and dedicated to nothing but improving the performance of FORDS.

Now c'mon, when are we going to see your car run?
Calder's on every Friday night you know!!!

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual
AUIII XR6 HP: Prepared by Aussie Car Enhancements & Custom Tuned by Blue Power to a record setting 14.22@96mph.
Old 18-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #44
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri Power 289
Very good Casper, but this isn't the Battle of the Bulge.
Were supposed to be on the same side.
And even if it was, Chris would be Eisenhower, being a Ford man all his life and dedicated to nothing but improving the performance of FORDS.

Now c'mon, when are we going to see your car run?
Calder's on every Friday night you know!!!
I am on the same side as you and I am very happy for your time and the advancements of the AU I6 lately.
What annoys me is being singled out by goons and "soldiers" who want to take cheap shots and jibes. The can do it all they like, I'm sure it makes them feel tough and brave. Of course, in the vast majority of cases, most of these goons (and no, I do not consider you one at all.. I am genuinely happy for you) wouldnt know an AU I6 from a Lada Niva nor do they care. The just like to push bandwagons they are told to push.
I have been and continue to be an advocate for the AU and the AU I6 for many years. I have been heavily involved in quite a bit of the testing and trials of getting these things moving and I have made mistakes I have learned from in the past and rectified for the future.

I am working to my own plan and my own budget (I dont get the luxury of having thousands of dollars to spend in one hit.. I have a family to support and they will always come first) however my car has never been a "pretend" car. It will be back on the track and will go through the progressive stages of build up just like yours has. We (G&D and I) have a goal and a path we choose to follow. If that timetable isnt to others liking then they can get over it or they dont.. I really dont give a hoot. If people who have absolutely nothing to do with AU's or I6's choose the cheap shots and jibes thats fine but I hope they remember that when things are not going all their own way (but I'm betting the scilence will be deafening).

In the end Chris and I have agree'd to disagree. Nothing will change that and I have no intention of reversing my choices. All the prodding, poking and smirking does not worry me as I am in it for the long term and have seen all this come and go many times.

When my car is at a stage I like I'll race it. Not till then. Then I'll continue to the next stage and the next stage. The entire build is already know and it will continue along that path till its done.

Oh, and I dont know if Chris would like being compared with Eisenhower. He was a desk jockey and politician more than a General. His skills were just like any other political. If you want to choose a General who got things done then Maybe Bradley or Patton would be the better choice.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

OK the baiting and the bickering and cheap snide remarks are over, below is the 1 post unless you follow this post, your post will be deleted.
I don't care who post it is, it will go.
Lets start again.

Quote:
Just got a text from Craig, he Chris are at Calder with tripower289 AU XR6.
14.38 @ 95 mph
On street tyres.

2 solid runs to start the night.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #46
Tri Power 289
Back in the Game!

I hear you Casper and I know where your coming from to a certain extent.
Just that I am very keen to know what my car is up against.
Hamo's car is retired so I guess Im the quickest and fastest AU6 currently running and I haven't got any serious mods. I'm very happy about it, but not obsessed with it.

I'll be honest with you, I love my car but this is not a long term project for me.
I get bored very easily. As I have said previously, I bought this car as a "drive to work and back, nice quiet 6 cyl Auto, don't need to spend any money on it as it's an XR, re-join the FPV/XRclub" exersize.
The Mustang was going to be the plaything and I sold my beautiful AUII XR8 ute to buy it.
But as usual, I couldn't help myself and when I got on this forum and then had a chance to buy a Flash Tuner on special, it got serious.

In 12 months time I might be driving a BA XR6 turbo or 3V Fairmont, or a Territory or Focus XR5. Who knows? Right now, I'm having fun with this but there's no current competition out on the track. I have no doubt that ultimately your car will be quicker than mine is now and I'll be very happy for you, but I might be out of this before that happens. I hope not.

I really enjoy working with Craig and Chris as I'm sure you enjoy working with the G&D boys. It's ironic that we are travelling to diagonally opposite ends of Melbourne to get our work done.

Previous forum rides:
XH Falcon Ute 4.0 Auto
BF XR8 5.4 Manual

Last edited by SpoolMan; 18-06-2006 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Tri Power 289 Post stays PM sent as he was replying to thread when i posted.
Old 18-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #47
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terrific work guys!!! On street tyres too. And an auto, that's incredible.

Shows what a good tune can do.

I need to pop down in the next month, after other stuff get's done. And get a shifter installed.

Cheers,

LG
Old 18-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #48
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Terrific work guys!!! On street tyres too. And an auto, that's incredible.

Shows what a good tune can do.

I need to pop down in the next month, after other stuff get's done. And get a shifter installed.

Cheers,

LG
Thanks LG,

On street tyres amazed us to, we had some nitto's in the back of my ute ready for a change, we changed them after about 5 runs but found they were not up to it so we changed back to the dunlops. Terry and i felt like V8 Supercar pit crews changing wheels.

This whole program is not just about the "tune" its a bunch of things that make all this possible. Diff gears, Hi-stall convertor, tyre pressures, suspension, CAI, exhaust set-up, driving ability and of course tuning.

Look forward to seeing you when you call in.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2006, 07:17 PM   #49
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

these AU I6's are getting a little to quick for my liking, anyone got a blower for me lying around for my xr8? :eclipsee_
Old 20-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #50
xr8ute
Back on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVd_uP
these AU I6's are getting a little to quick for my liking, anyone got a blower for me lying around for my xr8? :eclipsee_
I've got one lying around...but its all mine :thebirds:

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #51
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ill swap you the coins in my ashtray and a half eaten mars bar for it :
Old 26-06-2006, 10:46 PM   #52
Cobra
Bear with a sore head

How big was the hi stall used and whos CAI was used? Did Bluepower adapt one of their CAI for an AU 6?
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #53
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Greetings Eamon,

The histall we used was a JMM unit off the shelf, the airbox was a JMM modified unit.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post