Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
prasac
Banned

Default Video of The Fastest Ford Modular powered car in the world!

this is the Accufab Mustang owned and driven by John Mihovetz, its has a Ford 282ci (4.6L) 32-valve (same as the BOSS engines just less cubes). it has 2 80mm turbo's and makes about 2500hp. a couple weeks back John ran his official PB of 6.25@229 at the Street Car Super Nationals in Las Vegas, this is the fastest the car has officially run. it has gone a 6.19@233 but he left too early before the timing board started and the run didn't count nor was a time card was awarded. however they checked the data after the run and the Motec logged a 6.19@232 and the Racepak logged 6.18@232.

John is a great guy and it's fantastic seeing it run it's best numbers ever, and knowing John it will only get quicker. John actually qualifed 10th in a field of 56, which included cars 2 and 3 times the cube i talk to John and a couple of the other guys in the video on a regular basis they have been helping me with my engine build and tuning. unfortunately they did a rod (was actually a new rod they were testing for Manley) a week before and the engine was just thrown together with old parts lying around for this meet the crank was vibrating like crazy and took the rear main out. shame as the car was due for a quicker pass, as u can tell the 6.25 pass wasn't the cleanest and John backed off it when he felt the vibrations. but that will make John all the more hungrier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMK7hOEGWSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyHtyNFVZbI

Last edited by prasac; 02-12-2010 at 06:19 PM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That car is pure awesome!!!!

Amazing on how much u can do on small cubes with alot of valves lol
Old 03-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Lovely guy John, and very clever too.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Lovely guy John, and very clever too.
he is definitely a mod motor guru, has been great with R&D in modulars
Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #5
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Also that he shares his experience too...

Hmmm ??
I've seen a caption similar to this thread somewhere before ????Lol...
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Also that he shares his experience too...

Hmmm ??
I've seen a caption similar to this thread somewhere before ????Lol...
u hit the nail on the head he shares alot of what he learns, it's pretty much a case of this is what i do now come and catch me when it comes to racing and modulars he is a very serious guy

the best thing to have happened i believe (even though i had a tear in my eye when i saw and heard about it) was when John smashed the old Cougar and got the Mustang. it was a pretty bad smash, the Cougar was a little past it's use by date, the chassis was around 15 years old. this new car is alot more advanced, though it seems to have a few little issues, which i hope they get sorted. i spoke to him a couple weeks after the accident, i was thinking about grabbing the Cougar off him and putting another modular in, just for sentimental reasons as i had been a fan of the car for sooooo long. but it looked pretty bad, would have cost a bit to repair and u always question a car after its been in a big hit like that. John said the only thing on the engine that didnt break where the clamps that they make, he was very pleasantly surprised

here is a video of the crash, about a year ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL80lux-4MY

yeah i also put it on the forum where they let u swear and have in-depth discussions
Old 06-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Paulie that's amazing, thanks for the links. Be sure to tell your yank buddies that the awesome modular is starting to take off here in Oz.
I am curious to know how much more this setup has in it for potentially quicker times? Will the times plateau?
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
marcuss

Went to the Street Car Supernationals in Vegas last year. Doorslammer nirvana. Anyone planning a US trip should make this event their number 1 priority. The NHRA circus is good but this meet kills it in my opinion. If you would rather watch 50+ Pro streeters trying to get into a 32 car field than 20 odd nitro leakers oiling the track then get your **** to vegas next November. The NHRA Pomona finals usually run back to back weekends with the SCSN for the nitro fan boys who want to check out both events. Get over there before the hairdryers take over the world
marcuss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
Paulie that's amazing, thanks for the links. Be sure to tell your yank buddies that the awesome modular is starting to take off here in Oz.
I am curious to know how much more this setup has in it for potentially quicker times? Will the times plateau?
i believe it's the car letting them down at the moment, i would love to say there is 5's in a modular engine but i don't think so. they are making about 2500hp by the end of next year, if they get the car sorted i believe you will be seeing 6.1's possibly a 6.0 running those times with only 284ci is a pretty crazy effort. the Cougar ran a 6.31@225 best.

will definitely be out at SCSN next year as a spectator.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm an optimist paulie, I smell 6.0 in a short time and 5.99 in a few years with tweaking , as well as time to uncover more of the modulars secrets that I'm sure it is hiding. It'll happen on a hot night when everything just falls into place for that special car, and hopefully soon!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #11
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggypoppin'
I'm an optimist paulie, I smell 6.0 in a short time and 5.99 in a few years with tweaking , as well as time to uncover more of the modulars secrets that I'm sure it is hiding. It'll happen on a hot night when everything just falls into place for that special car, and hopefully soon!!
i like ur optimism, i would love to see a 5-second pass either way u won't find too many turbo cars with that cube running those times. the modulars and the 3L 2JZ engines are without a doubt the best engines for forced induction under 6L.