Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2022, 08:32 PM   #1141
John 13

Default Re: Russia v Ukraine

[QUOTE=Citroënbender;6750754]Copyright possibly infringed… The first two reminded me of the second pair, by their postures (and intellect)?

Please excuse but I cut off the graphics. Have you all seen the photograph C/o Getty Images, Mickhail Klimentyev of Trump and Putin 2017. Mind you not snuggled up as close as Trump and Morrison in a 2019 photograph. Both are smiling !
Old 13-10-2022, 08:51 PM   #1142
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Molfar Global hypothesising that the Kerch Bridge explosion may have been by air or water drone.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world...on/ar-AA12SFRH

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 16-10-2022, 07:54 PM   #1143
zilo
BANNED

I think there is no doubt that the American industrial military complex is
itching for another war.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2022, 08:28 PM   #1144
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I think there is no doubt that the American industrial military complex is
itching for another war.

Another? In addition to ukrainische v russischen? Do tell

There’s no doubt that both sides are running munitions stockpiles down at an alarming rate. The unfortunate factor for the russischen is that sanctions prevent replenishment of chip technology. So they have to rely on Middle East bottle rockets…
3 users like this post:
Old 16-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #1145
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of concerned citizens realising they won't have a seat at camp David when the proverbial hits the fan....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1580399538979753989

At some stage, the local cheer leaders are going to come to the same realisation. Joe and Jane won't have a bunker to hide in when this kicks off.

Rides (past and present)
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

This user likes this post:
Old 17-10-2022, 11:52 AM   #1146
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

There’s no doubt that both sides are running munitions stockpiles down at an alarming rate. The unfortunate factor for the russischen is that sanctions prevent replenishment of chip technology. So they have to rely on Middle East bottle rockets…
I reckon the Mericans have found a way of not having to sustainably dispose of all of their last generation stuff. It is probably cheaper to give to the Ukrainians.

All the reaaaallllyyyy good new stuff is not what they are supplying. IMHO

Old 17-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #1147
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
I reckon the Mericans have found a way of not having to sustainably dispose of all of their last generation stuff. It is probably cheaper to give to the Ukrainians.

All the reaaaallllyyyy good new stuff is not what they are supplying. IMHO
This also could be said for Russia since they feared NATO intervention in the war, think they are using old surplus trying to achieve their objective.
Old 17-10-2022, 11:31 PM   #1148
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

Haiti.
Taiwan.

Old 18-10-2022, 12:24 AM   #1149
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Quote:
Phew..lucky for me your vocab is limited to only two syllables...
I'd be happy to read more of your opinion mate. But maybe not with what drivel you've just posted and criticised me for.

Why do you think Putin is going to win? Why do you think the US wants to make Ukraine a state of theirs (as in a proxy war.. I'm sure they don't, they only care that the majority there is unwantedly being fed back into a state to build its strength up - at the same time we are wondering why that would be needed - failed state? Better climate to grow crops to feed the failing whole?)

Don't shoot the messenger (or questioner). Surely, we would like every state to be their best, and yet there seems to be a few that feels they can be better by exploiting their might. How is that, in particular, right?
Old 18-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #1150
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

A different perspective from the ISW today - study on the strategic importance of the final front lines for this year for Ukraine and the West.

Quote:
This campaign assessment special edition focuses on the specific parts of Ukrainian territory currently under Russian occupation that are important for the long-term viability of an independent Ukraine. Ukrainian forces are currently conducting a counteroffensive push in Kherson Oblast as of October 16. We will update our maps after information about the new front lines unambiguously enters the open-source environment.
https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-october-16
Old 18-10-2022, 04:18 PM   #1151
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

https://www.theregister.com/2022/10/...failure_rates/

Quote:
Moscow, meanwhile, needs to pump out more kit to sustain its illegal invasion. Semiconductors are a critical element of that effort, so if failure rates are high whoever is sending dodgy products to Russia is hampering the not-a-war effort.
Old 18-10-2022, 10:18 PM   #1152
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I'd be happy to read more of your opinion mate. But maybe not with what drivel you've just posted and criticised me for.

You trawled all that way back to find that post?
have you been in a coma?

If you wait a while longer the war would have been over...

Old 18-10-2022, 10:27 PM   #1153
JasonACT
Away on leave

We've been waiting.. based on your commentary... really.. ever so long now......
Old 18-10-2022, 10:30 PM   #1154
JasonACT
Away on leave

Let me inspire you...

Old 19-10-2022, 12:12 AM   #1155
MINYIP
MINYIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
Let me inspire you...

Old 19-10-2022, 12:27 AM   #1156
JasonACT
Away on leave

Yeah Minyip, you've got even less syllables, so if you're looking for happiness, put a ring on it.
Old 19-10-2022, 06:02 PM   #1157
burnz
VFII SS UTE

o'h the delemor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3cOOW_Av8
Old 19-10-2022, 06:04 PM   #1158
JasonACT
Away on leave

Fixed link:

Old 19-10-2022, 10:54 PM   #1159
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINYIP View Post
Four posts.
Old 22-10-2022, 01:33 PM   #1160
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
This also could be said for Russia since they feared NATO intervention in the war, think they are using old surplus trying to achieve their objective.
“Ruzzia’s” ‘old surplus’ is their best current modern technology.

Don’t be fooled by the worlds’ biggest kleptocracy (over the last 100 years), the thieves leading that country, and the invasion of their neighbor, have reduced their GDP to one smaller than Australia, lol.

The invader’s military is fake, just like their SU-57 (fake stealth fighter), and their T-14 parade tank. It’s all fake BS, and absolutely hilarious.

Rusty AK’s are distributed to the hopelessly unmotivated mobilised cannon fodder, (that can’t escape “Ruzzia”) and the “Ruzzia” fan club should recognise that their nuclear weapons require a lot of money to maintain.

BTW: “Ruzzia” have zero chance of maintaining that nuclear stockpile. What a laughing stock their military is.

There is no modern technology, the money has been stolen by the Kleptocracy, and the cannon fodder is being sent to their deaths ( for nothing ).
Old 25-10-2022, 05:22 PM   #1161
PhilT2

A Russian economist has put out a paper predicting the collapse of the Russian economy.
https://theins.ru/en/opinion/vladisl...zemtsev/255450
He confirms rumours that the current mobilisation is intended to draft not 300,000 but 1,000,000 new recruits into the military. But his opinion is that not the loss of these men nor the others that have fled the country will cause the collapse. He suggests that when recruiters start to visit workplaces to fill their quotas many men will quit their jobs and this will be the final straw for the economy. His estimate is that three or four million men will disappear from the legal workforce and try to support themselves in blackmarket activities.
Old 26-10-2022, 12:19 AM   #1162
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
A Russian economist has put out a paper predicting the collapse of the Russian economy.
He confirms rumours that the current mobilisation is intended to draft not 300,000 but 1,000,000 new recruits into the military. But his opinion is that not the loss of these men nor the others that have fled the country will cause the collapse. He suggests that when recruiters start to visit workplaces to fill their quotas many men will quit their jobs and this will be the final straw for the economy. His estimate is that three or four million men will disappear from the legal workforce and try to support themselves in blackmarket activities.
**Yawn*** nothing beats wild guesswork based on prejudice, delivered in the guise of fact, but actually just another episode of thinly veiled propoganda for the simpletons.

2 users like this post:
Old 26-10-2022, 10:19 PM   #1163
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
Those savages will mobilise grand mothers from villages soon, the kleptocracy will keep their own at home, and everyone else that can escape goes.

Great country “Ruzzia”. LoL
Old 27-10-2022, 12:54 PM   #1164
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post

Great country “Ruzzia”. LoL
It's actually a beautiful place.

2 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2022, 07:26 PM   #1165
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

“Ruzzia” is a “s-hole” full of simpletons that believe what they’re fed by the Kleptocracy, there are a couple of other countries in that category:

1. North Korea

2. ? Mmmm, Probably not Syria, because the opposition was murdered with help from “Ruzzia”.
Old 29-10-2022, 05:47 PM   #1166
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have been following this guy for years. Its the first time I've seen him post a non car related video. And far out he raises some interesting thoughts....

Rides (past and present)

4 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2022, 01:32 PM   #1167
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, some interesting thoughts - and I'm not just talking about him saying 25% conscripts in Vietnam is "one fifth" which is definitely interesting.

That whole bit about conscription I feel is a moot point though - I mean if NATO were to be dragged into the conflict in Ukraine I just don't think there would be a need for conscription in the West.

The way he said NATO could possibly being dragged into the conflict was if Ukraine were to have referendums where certain regions voted to join Poland or Romania. Basically the same play Russia tried with their sham referendums - difference being the Ukrainian referendums could actually be legal and sanctioned (but that assumes cooperation from Poland and Romania) - but tactic behind the referendum would be same as Russia's.

Russia's intent was to make those 4 regions part of Russia, and therefore they could label Ukraine's defensive actions against Russia's invasion of those areas as attacks on Russia and use that as reason to escalate. In his scenario certain parts of Ukraine would legally vote to be made part of a NATO member's country, therefore Russia's continued invasion of those areas would be invasion of a NATO member and require NATO defensive action.

I can't see that happening myself, but even if it did I can't see that leading to conscription in the US or anywhere else in the West. I know "Never underestimate your enemy" but I just don't see NATO being troubled by Russian forces in conventional battle in Ukraine to then need to go to the conscription barrel.

In his scenario NATO would not be looking to invade or attack Russia; they'd simply enter the conflict to defend the parts of former Ukraine that were now part of a NATO country.

The first part of that would be NATO air assets enforcing a no-fly zone which would include destruction of Russia's anti-air capabilities in the region. The fact that Russia still does not have air superiority over Ukraine alone does not make me think NATO forces would struggle to take control of the air. I know Russia has not yet committed full air forces to the conflict, but that is because they are unable to remove the ground-based threats to their air fleet. I know it is a long death by PowerPoint by Perun did a good video on this the other week:

With respect to conflict at sea, Turkey has already invoked the Montreaux Convention and so is preventing any naval vessels (Russian or otherwise) entering the Black Sea. But NATO does not need ships to engage Russia's Black Sea fleet; air assets could do that job (and then there is also possibly these unmanned vessels too - not yet confirmed by open sources but looks like Russia had a "tough night" on the water going by these videos and these tweets: https://twitter.com/NOELreports/stat...5Es2_&ref_url= and https://twitter.com/NOELreports/stat...5Es1_&ref_url=

(daytime footage that starts about 30 seconds into that second video is interesting, you'd be disappointed with the wayward shooting of that helicopter trying to destroy the drone vessel, and the guys on that small boat must be happy to have gotten out the way).

On the ground, with air superiority established, I don't think NATO would need call on more than the established forces of all 30-odd NATO nations to repel Russian ground fores. Ukraine's military (undoubtedly strengthened by NATO weaponry, training, and intelligence) has managed to stop Russia's advances and in all but a few fronts are gradually pushing them back - throw just the 'regular' equipment and troops of 30 NATO nations into the mix, combined with air assets, and I doubt there would be need for conscription in the West.

And all of the above probably now not necessary anyway, as looks like Ukraine has completed work on its genetically modified birds in its biolabs:

Last edited by Mulva; 30-10-2022 at 02:00 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2022, 08:35 PM   #1168
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
Basically the same play Russia tried with their sham referendums - difference being the Ukrainian referendums could actually be legal and sanctioned (but that assumes cooperation from Poland and Romania) - but tactic behind the referendum would be same as Russia's.

Prove the referendums were a sham?

Old 31-10-2022, 09:25 PM   #1169
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Prove the referendums were a sham?
Can you prove they were not a sham?
Old 31-10-2022, 10:12 PM   #1170
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The "rule of law" generally requires the accuser to hold the burden of proof. Not the other way around.

No different to the "2020 stolen election".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
Yep, some interesting thoughts....
Gotta wonder if the "millions" flocking in from the south realise they could be conscripted under the S S S.

Rides (past and present)

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread