Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #31
ute83
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: people are so negative, but why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
Sooo, are you part of the 90% or the other 10%
His 10% is somebody else's 90%.
ute83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #32
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
I'm in Fiji at the moment and have met some amazing locals ( not the Indians, but that's another story) Spending time with these people, you don't need Facebook, The Internet etc, they are so so positive, warm and friendly, they have blown me away as human beings. They have little but are so happy and it rubs off on you............
I too found the locals (non Indian) so much happier and friendly being oblivious to the world around them. They surround themselves with family and looking after each other and being content with the simple things in life. No FB, no twitter, no social media nonsense. Using the phone as it was intended, actually calling someone and seeing how they are and being genuine about it. The Fijians are beautiful people. Would go back there in a heartbeat if work wasnt so busy.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #33
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

This is something to think about when negative people are doing their best to rain on your parade.

A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband.. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded, " Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome . How are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. Where are you staying in Rome ?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it’s gonna be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. You and a million other people are trying to see him. He'll look=2 0the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "Not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class.. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28 year old steward who waited on me hand and foot.
The hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky. As we toured the Vatican, a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

He said, "Who ****** up your hair?"
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:26 AM   #34
hawkgirl
Aluminum Falcon pilot
Donating Member1

I can relate to what the op thinks.
Some time ago on a motorcycle forum, I copped flak & abuse from another member, online for all to see, purely on the basis i dont ride much (i have nerve damage in my back). The site owner made him remove the post, but not before it had been seen by most members. The bit that irritates me the most was at the time, i was actually meeting up with this person face to face once a week, and he never said anything to me personally. Even when he turned up at the weekly AGM (dinner at the pub on fridays) THAT NIGHT, after the comment had been posted & removed, he still didnt say anything to my face.
Some people are just sad bitter wannabes with big egos and small hearts, being big heroes behind the anominity of a keyboard. You cant fix them.

The Fleet
2002 Kawasaki ZZR600 - Silver - Felix
1975 Fairlane ZG - Apollo Blue - Oberon
1999 Falcon AU Ute - Liquid Silver - The Aluminum Falcon - the Preciousss
2000 AUII Fairlane Ghia (vct)- Burgundy - Five / RedCar - round town clown
hawkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #35
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Does he look like this......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2014, 03:03 PM   #36
loony888

Yep, people will be opinionated when there's no chance of actually being held to account, but to be fair, as others have already said, it's human nature, and there is a guaranteed percentage out there who enjoy being confronting and objectionable.

If it's getting old then maybe it's time to ask yourself whether putting your life in a 100 foot billboard i.e. Facebook etc. is part of the problem.

Unlike specific forums, like this one that has technical support, helpful links, recommendations etc i don't get the point of sites like Facebook, i close my curtains at night for privacy, there's no way i'm getting on line and telling people what i'm doing every second of every day. And i certainly don't want my boss watching it looking to see what i get up to when i'm supposed to be sick!

A computer is a tool, use it to accomplish tasks, once you open your soul to the internet you're on a hiding to nothing, live life as reality, not virtual reality
Old 27-04-2014, 04:30 PM   #37
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by loony888 View Post
Yep, people will be opinionated when there's no chance of actually being held to account, but to be fair, as others have already said, it's human nature, and there is a guaranteed percentage out there who enjoy being confronting and objectionable.

If it's getting old then maybe it's time to ask yourself whether putting your life in a 100 foot billboard i.e. Facebook etc. is part of the problem.

Unlike specific forums, like this one that has technical support, helpful links, recommendations etc i don't get the point of sites like Facebook, i close my curtains at night for privacy, there's no way i'm getting on line and telling people what i'm doing every second of every day. And i certainly don't want my boss watching it looking to see what i get up to when i'm supposed to be sick!

A computer is a tool, use it to accomplish tasks, once you open your soul to the internet you're on a hiding to nothing, live life as reality, not virtual reality
well dont waste your time doing all that stuff on facebook , its too time consuming, you can just complete your profile and the site will do it all for you , you can just set your phone up and click the odd selfie and facebook will do the rest for you , saving you lots of time having to do it all manually . Hope this helps .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #38
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^ saving time on Facebook, that's a laugh
I've seen tourists at beautiful locations like the 12 apostles frantically updating their Facebook status instead of taking the time to relax and enjoy the view and the surroundings
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #39
UberKnee
The One Who Knocks

The safety of anonymity basically. No repercussions from going online and talking trash. People type things online they'd never have the guts to say to someone's face. Its a product of todays society as well, people just have no respect anymore and dont care about anyone else. Its a shame.
UberKnee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2014, 11:37 PM   #40
BHDOGS
Banned

coz ppl are ****s
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #41
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS View Post
coz ppl are ****s
Yes they are, you included!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #42
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

Most of us have experienced a keyboard warrior acting like a complete sissy in real life.
I was turned off facebook at 17 when some super tough internet badass posted all over my gf's pictures and statuses trying to insult her on her looks (I broke up with her years ago but can still admit she looked more than decent).

Coincidentally the little twig boy had nothing to say when I ran into him at the shops a few months later and he also seemed intent on avoiding me/wandering around without purchasing anything until I'd left. What happened to all the bravado..?
Old 28-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #43
BHDOGS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned View Post
Yes they are, you included!
I admit it tho others don't so there hypocrites to
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #44
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FB bashing. It's not the platform but the twits that use it. Brings out people's true character. Even pre-internet there were gutless aholes.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #45
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

From reading everyone's comments here, I could to say there is a lot of negativity...BUT I have to say its all pretty accurate when talking about anyone on the internet(its a negative place), its the sad truth but as much as all of you are being honest there just seems to be more negative people or people who want to ruin others days online.

But I like this thread, the fact everyone's talking openly about it and not arguing is great to see, forums like these should be a place to get information, meet new people and above all share our love in cars! I spend to much time on the internet and find myself frustrated at the sheer stupidity being flung around daily, whether it be through the media or some dick on facebook.

I can tell you this though, I've read maybe one or two bad posts from people on here in the, I think 3 years I've been online, and those people ended up just coping twice the flack from all the great people in this community defending the original poster.

Moral of the story, don't be a ******** in general, there is always someone bigger there waiting to beat the stupid out of you :P
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #46
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

Not a solution to question the OP's post, but yeah the negatives do tend to stack up on the 'net in general. tut0r's above post (and others) kinda spoke the truth to me.

Keyboard warriors are everywhere. ****tards in my book - just faceless people with a non meaning in life that taunt people with their own self lack of place of precedence in life to try and feeble out their existence.

I always plan for the worse and hope for the best - works for me. It may be in the negative way of thinking, but things usually turn out alright for me. If I've got nothing nice to say to a person, then I just STFU and try look for a positive.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #47
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I'm not negative, I'm apathetic ...... but who cares.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:01 PM   #48
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

I think people are just generally unhappy with life, which flows into their negative ways.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #49
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've actually got a little deep and read a heap of articles, particularly from a website called elitedaily.com on success, motivation, wellness, etc. All those sort of Generation-Y, Hipster ideals.

Reality is: some of us, not all, never really do anything. Yeah sure, most of us get an education, a job, in this case - a car, a house & start a family and consider ourselves a success.

We then get lost in the monotony of life and fall into the trap of repetitiveness & routine.

I've got a friend, who is pessimistic all the time. He's in a position to do whatever he wants; yet he chooses to work somewhere he hates, with co-workers he hates and finds himself in a monotonous routine, that he constantly complains about.

He's been awarded every opportunity in the world, yet chooses to do nothing with it and resents most people in the process, because it's easier and requires little effort.

The point is, unless you've got some real bad stuff happening in your world, you choose to be either negative or generally happy.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #50
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

It is not that people are negative. It is that some people want to have sunshine constantly blown up their proverbial and cannot handle the real world. There are good and bad things in life - learn to handle both.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #51
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That hairdresser story was gold haha, and so true.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #52
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had experiences with an internet troll. I don't mind having a laugh and stuff but there are some people that like to live with drama or cause it
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #53
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

So much negativity is around of late and I am not sure why. Is it because we are all leading busy lives, regretting we have to work so hard and don't have enough time with our kids? Has technology hindered us not helped us? Always on the go, not taking time to smell the roses?

Well here is some tips to help you stay positive!

If you wake up and you are not dead - Thats a positive!

If you have a shower in the morning and don't drown - Thats a positive!

If you manage to get yourself dressed in the morning without stubbing your toe on anything - Thats a positive!

If you do manage to hit your toe, maybe it is a sign you need a pedicure, new socks, new shoes or you need to lose a little weight so you can actually see your feet! - either way - That's a positive!

If you go out to your car and it is a FORD! - that's a positive!

There is far too much negativity around! If you start your day with a negative attitude...the day WILL drag on and on, however if you turn your negatives into positives...it will go so much quicker and you will be happier for it!

Try smiling at people - you will be surprised how contagious it is!

Remember, there is always SOMEONE out there worse off than you! Yes I complain and moan, but I try not to for too long. Life is too short!

That's my take on it!

Cheers
Col
Old 04-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #54
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise View Post
So much negativity is around of late and I am not sure why. Is it because we are all leading busy lives, regretting we have to work so hard and don't have enough time with our kids? Has technology hindered us not helped us? Always on the go, not taking time to smell the roses?

Well here is some tips to help you stay positive!

If you wake up and you are not dead - Thats a positive!

If you have a shower in the morning and don't drown - Thats a positive!

If you manage to get yourself dressed in the morning without stubbing your toe on anything - Thats a positive!

If you do manage to hit your toe, maybe it is a sign you need a pedicure, new socks, new shoes or you need to lose a little weight so you can actually see your feet! - either way - That's a positive!

If you go out to your car and it is a FORD! - that's a positive!

There is far too much negativity around! If you start your day with a negative attitude...the day WILL drag on and on, however if you turn your negatives into positives...it will go so much quicker and you will be happier for it!

Try smiling at people - you will be surprised how contagious it is!

Remember, there is always SOMEONE out there worse off than you! Yes I complain and moan, but I try not to for too long. Life is too short!

That's my take on it!

Cheers
Col

I really like what you said. Its like the same way my dad was looking at knowing he was going to die from pancreatic cancer. he was only 50 when he died, a lot of people said it was too young. he looked at it as well 50's alright some little kids dont get to see four and as sad as it is. its true. he was thankful he got to live as long as he did. I myself can whinge and ***** at times and I do try to think like this as hard as it can be to
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post