Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-05-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
tommyk123123
Starter Motor

Default Dealer prediction powershift issue.

Hi everyone,

I'm sure there's hundreds of posts on this topic. I already know the diagnosis, wondering what you all think ford will do. ford focus diesel 2.0litre powershift. Transmission wouldn't change gear, threw the old "trans limited functionality".

It's a 2013 so not new, but not exactly what I'd call old. 120xxxkm on the clock.

Dealer had it for a week. Thought it was the wiring loom. He reset everything, cleaned everything. Still had the issue. He said he can't talk properly to the transmission with his computers. Also said it's skipping 3rd and 5th gear.

Long story short, finally called me after a week saying "your solenoid board is dead, needs a new transmission 17 grand".

Then proceeded to tell me to call ford and say the following "I'm not happy with the length of time the transmission lasted, want to open a case etc etc etc."

Called ford. They opened a case instantly only asking for rego. Case manager called 1hr later saying he couldn't get a hold of the dealer but will see what they say and he can see the notes the dealer already uploaded saying it needs a new transmission" he will contact me in 5 working days to discuss the outcome.

It was really odd. I know they've had tons of issues with powershift so they have it down pat, but I didn't even have to argue...didn't even get asked much except did I drive the car to the dealer or tow It. Guessing maybe they could say that I damaged it by driving it....

So the question, anyone been in this postion? Had the same issue and the dealers fixed it off their own back? It's out of warranty but from what I've read ford will be fixing these cars until they all die or either all get fixed. It's a wet clutch diesel so doesn't slip like the other petrol versions, this is TCM related which they extended to 10 years warranty.

Thoughts? Half the people I've told said they won't do anything. The other half reckon it'll get replaced.
tommyk123123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post