Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 21-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #1
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Default New Focus Owner

Hey everyone,
Bought a 2013 Focus Sport a few weeks ago. Safe to say it's the best car I've owned. Easy to drive, all the comforts, good on fuel and looks good. I would love an ST but unfortunately can't in current circumstances. One day.
Anyway I have a couple of questions:

1. I watched a video online on how to fill up with the capless fuel tank system (which I am still getting use to) lol. They had a funnel looking thing to use if you run out of fuel before getting to a service station. Should my car have one? I haven't been able to find it in the boot.

2. The satnav maps are out of date. I found on the Ford page a new map update from December last year for $200. It doesn't say how it works though. How do I install it? Or do I have to take it back to the Ford dealer?

3. I dragged out my old iPod and plugged it in for music. I love being able to do it. Just wondering if I can leave it plugged in? I tried once but with the ignition off and key out the music was still playing. Will it turn off?

Thanks everyone. Look forward to browsing through the forums.

Going to detail it in the next few weeks.
Joel. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
Victor1

Default Re: New Focus Owner

Joel,
I can only help you with number 1.
Yes you will need the factory supplied funnel to refill by a supplementary refilling supply.
Or just don't run out of fuel.
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
CatonaPC©

I can help you with '2'.

The updates are available from the ford website here:
https://ford.navshop.com.au/default.asp

The owner's manual should indicate how to install updates.
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #4
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Thankyou. I will check the manual. I think that is the one thing I haven't checked in it. lol
Not planning on running out of fuel, in my 6 years of driving I haven't ever had a fuel light come on.
Thanks again.
Old 21-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #5
graham_h
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$200 for maps ?
Why not just use your phone ?
What a bloody rip off
graham_h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #6
Bradw77
Starter Motor

Hi Joel, congrats on getting the Focus, they certainly are a fun car to drive.
To answer your questions.
1. The funnel (if it's still in the car) should be located in the glovebox. That's were it is in my ST. It's been there since I purchased it back in 2013, never had to use it.
2. The GPS map updates are supplied on an SD card. The card goes into a slot just above the main media screen.
3. The iPod will turn off with the stereo, then turn back when the power is turned on. I have mine set to turn off when the door is opened, you can also have it set to turn off when the ignition is switched off. This can be set under the audio options in the menu.
Old 21-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #7
Victor1

Nice looking car mate,
Also it looks like it has a nice polish job as it is.
Is that you directing the missus taking the photo in the reflection of the rear guard?
Victor1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 09:09 PM   #8
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradw77
Hi Joel, congrats on getting the Focus, they certainly are a fun car to drive.
To answer your questions.
1. The funnel (if it's still in the car) should be located in the glovebox. That's were it is in my ST. It's been there since I purchased it back in 2013, never had to use it.
2. The GPS map updates are supplied on an SD card. The card goes into a slot just above the main media screen.
3. The iPod will turn off with the stereo, then turn back when the power is turned on. I have mine set to turn off when the door is opened, you can also have it set to turn off when the ignition is switched off. This can be set under the audio options in the menu.
Perfect. Thanks for your reply. Very helpful. I will check my menus tomorrow regarding the iPod.
Old 21-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #9
Joel.
Lost Focus In The Sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor1 View Post
Nice looking car mate,
Also it looks like it has a nice polish job as it is.
Is that you directing the missus taking the photo in the reflection of the rear guard?
Thanks Victor. Looks good from a distance. In the sun though it is swirled up with a few scratches. I have since I got it stripped the dealership glaze off, used some paint cleanser and put a quick coat of wax on it for some protection. In a few weeks or so I will give it a polish and protect it with something that will last longer than the current wax.
That's one of my parents in the rear guard, just after I picked it up.