Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Unhappy Today We Remember - Christchurch EQ.

Today we Remember - 185 lives lost, families torn, hearts broken. We Remember being terrified by the earthquakes and the uncertainty of not knowing where and if our loved ones were safe. We Remember the relief, when we found they were and held them close. We Remember the utter disbelief for those who were not safe and could be held no more. We Remember the start of a more difficult part to this journey we had already started in Sept but didn't reaslise then how gut wrenchingly hard it was going to get. We Remember we have friends for support, encouragment and understanding. Today We Remember .......

Cheers,

Brendon

Christchurch, NZ

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Today We Remember - Christchurch EQ.

Hope we never have to see scenes like that in our country ever again.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I hear in the news, and from what friends and relatives over there are saying, not much rebuilding has happened in the past 12 months with the place still looking like a disaster zone. Quite sad really
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Terrible day...that was one of our favorite cities when we visited NZ some years back. Happy I had a chance to see it as it was, sad that the people who live there will never be the same again.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
From what I hear in the news, and from what friends and relatives over there are saying, not much rebuilding has happened in the past 12 months with the place still looking like a disaster zone. Quite sad really
Still getting good shakes, land stability issues and the fact the demolition isn't finished all makes it hard to rebuild quickly. This is going to be a marathon not a sprint.
Old 22-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Rodge
Banned

I really just don't know how you guys cope. I really feel for you guys and hope the aftershocks stop really soon, it must be incredibly tough.
All the best.
Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
Still getting good shakes, land stability issues and the fact the demolition isn't finished all makes it hard to rebuild quickly. This is going to be a marathon not a sprint.

Yeah, not good Magpie....are you from that region?....If so, I feel for you and your family (and that of the OP) ....Even if you haven't lost loved ones or property the psychological issues must be taking their toll on locals.

My parents live in Wellington (my home town and where i lived before moving here 27 years ago) and it's always been suggested by many that it's only a matter of time before that city succumbs to another major quake , the last major one being in 1855 and sitting on three major faultlines.

The devastation and loss of life if what happened in CHC happened in Wellington or Auckland would be horrendous with many 20+ storey buildings in both those cities and many old structures still in existence.
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by GT0132; 22-02-2012 at 02:54 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #8
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
Yeah, not good Magpie....are you from that region?
I was, was living in Canterbury when the Sept one occurred, and had moved just before the Feb one (oddly enough to another NZ earthquake hot spot)

Can honestly say that 04:35 on Sept 4th was the scariest moment of my life, so I feel for those that got it even worse in the Feb quake.
Old 22-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
XRTickfordNZ
XR Tickford Fanatic

Yeah been a rough year and a half. Have been here for all of them including the last ones we had on december 23rd. Yes we are still getting good aftershocks also.

1998 AU Fairmont Wagon, XR6 front kit....His
2002 AUIII XR6 Sedan, Blueprint, tints, tinted lights, BA XR wheels, leather....Hers
2008 Tandem Axle Trailer, The Falcon Hauler

XRTickfordNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post