Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #31
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

I drive SV6's at work and own an XR8 and I can tell you the SV6 is nice but are not that quick, come to think of it, it would have to be a really crappy driver in the XR8. IMO the new V6 is a dog, now torque down low and the old one felt like it had more punch (don't let the figures fool you 190kw, yeah right!)[/QUOTE]

Talking of crappy drivers,was that the car in the holden ad where the guy and his brainwashed kid were grinning like village idiots?, If it was it had me reaching for the remote real quick.
For some reason my AU2 Futura also seems to have 'stock' bright low beams too. I get people giving me the burn all the time at night?
Old 29-06-2005, 06:50 PM   #32
MattyJ

You guys are kind of contradicting yourselves. You said Commodore V6's that think they can beat XR8's annoy you.

Well ok lets not go into details of drivers and whether they're standard or modded. THis information is required when comparing one car to another.

Some XR8's beat Commodore V6's. . .Some Commodore V6's beat XR8's - what a fantastic comment to make, thanks for the information fellas!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 06:51 PM   #33
MattyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
No you said the SV6 will win "no problem"

No, not really, even with a crap driver the torque on the XR8 will make up for it and reel it in. Besides you cant compare modded vs stock
I said a mildly modded SV6 will win no problem, not a standard SV6 - got Ingrish? Have another read mate.
Old 29-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #34
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ
A wing on any car that serves no performance purpose is 'rice' IMO.

XR8's are not fast cars in comparison to alot of other 8's as they weigh alot, and hence that is why alot of 'dunnydores' (sounds stupid) do actually stomp them. If you're referring to people with stock older V6 ecotecs than i can understand you not liking them just talking crap, but there are alot of unstock Commodore V6's that will beat XR8's. A good driver in a new VZ SV6 .vs a dodgy driver in a BA XR8 will generally win and an SV6 with minor mods (exhaust, new ratios, etc) will beat XR8's no problem.
There's ALWAYS one.

This is a light hearted thread and again somebody has pulled out the figures and decided to bring performance and all that crap into it. FFS, do we all need to prove our cars EVERY SINGLE TIME?! Get over it!
Old 29-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #35
LUXO_8
windsor user

couldnt agree more b2tf...

matty show a bit of maturity
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 06:57 PM   #36
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I said a mildly modded SV6 will win no problem, not a standard SV6 - got Ingrish? Have another read mate.
i had a take home sv6 as a company car for 6 months, owned a modified xr6 for 2 years a driven a few xr8s so i feel qualified to comment. The Sv6 was nice for what it was, but it wouldnt be beating any v8's in a hurry. A few minor mods such as an "exhaust" would make stuff all difference to the outcome.

Hell I dont even like V8s so I dont know why i am even defending them.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #37
MattyJ

Show some maturity? I wasn't the one who made the comment that my XR8 could beat every Commodore V6 out there, quit being so biased because it can't.

Either elaborate on what you say or don't say it.
Old 29-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If i was biased towards XR8's i'd be backing them up? If you are reffering to me being biased towards them being bad, dad used to own one and i found it a reasonably nice car. If you're calling me biased towards reffering to the car, it was the car in discussion buddy :voldar02:

A) My parents only tow boats during the day and the cars don't sag very much as they're designed for towing heavy loads.
B) The cars are about 2 months old, the globes are deffinitly standard however the high beams are aftermarket lights.
C) The lights are very bright (the brightest i've seen come standard on a car) anyway, but they're totally legal.

I will keep it short. My pet hate is some little twerp that come on to the forums and think thay know everything, because there dad has one or use to have one. when in actual fact they know 10-10th's of sweet f**k all...

Last edited by jabba; 29-06-2005 at 07:06 PM.
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #39
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pet hate - cars that dont pull up to the white line at lights then proceed to inch forward for the next 30 seconds till the light goes green.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #40
MattyJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
I will keep it short. My pet hate is some little twerp that come on to the forums and think thay know everything, because there dad has one or use to have one. when in actual fact they know 10-10th's of sweet f**k all...
So prove me wrong on what i've said mate.

How am i wrong on what i've said? I pointed out facts on what someone else has said. Have a whinge because the Ford is being downed - get over it.

Prove me wrong or move on.
Old 29-06-2005, 07:23 PM   #41
deankdx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pet hates are utes that never see a load, 4WDs that never see dirt,
people sitting too close behind, especially when you are towing a trailer.

and the topic of the month workers rights getting taken away little by litle year by year
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #42
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Matty, this is going to be my last comment because you don't listen anyway.

Anyone that has "can't wait til I'm eighteen" doesn't carry a lot of influence when you are talking to people that
1 drive
2 drive the cars we are talking about
3 have been in head to head races against the cars being discussed (I am referring to at the drags)
4 Own the cars we are talking about.

Anyway, that is enough from me, bored with this. I made a comment, maybe didn't elaborate enough and that is my bad, but then you have to go and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. Well how many times have you driven the cars in question?

Thought of another one! People that pull out in front of you and then sit 20km below the speed limit, just happened to me.
Old 29-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #43
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8

Thought of another one! People that pull out in front of you and then sit 20km below the speed limit, just happened to me.
ooh yeh thats heaps annoying.

another is when you go to overtake someone and they speed up so you cant pass...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #44
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Oh yeah, hate that one. The boss is good for those moments tho, it normally happens when passing some little POS (excell etc)
Old 29-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #45
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Commodore driving lights. Could you possilby make them any brighter? How the hell they pass ADRs I don't know.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #46
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
So prove me wrong on what i've said mate.

How am i wrong on what i've said? I pointed out facts on what someone else has said. Have a whinge because the Ford is being downed - get over it.

Prove me wrong or move on.
1. You can not prove anything to Brain donors (that's you)
2. and if you wan't proof of who will win in a straight line (slighty moded SV6 or stock BA XR8) Head down to your local drag strip with with the two car in question. All the talk in the world won't prove anything.
3. Not only would a BA XR8 nock of the VZ SV6, but a stock VT SS 225kw will eat it also.
4. It's not KW's that get the car moving fast of the line, It's torque and while the SV6 only has 340nm of torque. XR8 has 500nm.
Old 29-06-2005, 08:15 PM   #47
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
1. You can not prove anything to Brain donors (that's you)
2. and if you wan't proof of who will win in a straight line (slighty moded SV6 or stock BA XR8) Head down to your local drag strip with with the two car in question. All the talk in the world won't prove anything.
3. Not only would a BA XR8 nock of the VZ SV6, but a stock VT SS 225kw will eat it also.
4. It's not KW's that get the car moving fast of the line, It's torque and while the SV6 only has 340nm of torque. XR8 has 500nm.
More if you play with it!!!!!!!

Brings me to the another thing I hate, the no modding rules on a new car warranty, don't blame them tho
Old 29-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #48
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

By the way Jabba, when you going up to Willowbank again?
Old 29-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #49
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
ooh yeh thats heaps annoying.

another is when you go to overtake someone and they speed up so you cant pass...
How annoying is that? And I don't get their point in doing so. All I'm trying to do is get past them as their too slow and yet they see me as trying to be a hero by overtaking them so they speed up. Ridiculous!!

Oh and just because I drive a nice car with nice rims, tinted windows, personalised plates etc and so on DOESN'T mean I'm trying to be a hero. It just means I have a nice car but nooooo pleeeease for the love of god bait me everytime I stop at the lights because ofcourse I think I'm better than you FCS _

I'll have a sticker made up "yes you are better than me - get over it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
ridiculously oversized "sports exhausts" on non performance cars, e.g. excels, barina's ect.
Yeap that would be my sister. Back when she got her Excel Coupe she thought it was the hottest car around. Threw on a sports muffler and big a$$ tip. Oh I use to give her heaps over it lol. Now she hates the car and is embaressed to drive it LOL.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:25 PM   #50
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Can I have one of those stickers too?
Old 29-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #51
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
By the way Jabba, when you going up to Willowbank again?
let me know when you going up next and I will meet you there.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 29-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #52
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Was hoping to go tomight, damn rain! I keep telling myself we need it but it doesn't make me feel any better :

I haven't decided but I will let you know, see if we can get a group going.
Old 29-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #53
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

I hope you all know that I haven't read about 85% of this thread because of stupid holden vs ford rubbish.

Anyway, my pet hate is people who have fog lights on when there is no fog! It only really bothers me on some cars, in particular any hyundai car that had a single red fog light on the rear bumper - I do everything I can to be in front of them (its usually not that hard either, as I've found the same people tend to do 55km/h in a 60 zone)
Old 29-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #54
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That would be good. I am looking forward to racing you again. I still don't have The EDIT yet and I don't think I will have it for some time yet either. But as it is the racing is close. And it the most fun I have had with my clothes on.

How the carnage on the roads during the big wet. I hope it's not to bad

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 29-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #55
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven

Anyway, my pet hate is people who have fog lights on when there is no fog! It only really bothers me on some cars, in particular any hyundai car that had a single red fog light on the rear bumper - I do everything I can to be in front of them (its usually not that hard either, as I've found the same people tend to do 55km/h in a 60 zone)
Agreed. Have you tried following them with your High Beams on?

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #56
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
Agreed. Have you tried following them with your High Beams on?

:
Your the bugger that has been following me around, whats your rego again, Im sure there is a law against that TM
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #57
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Hi beams or following ???Lol....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #58
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Your the bugger that has been following me around, whats your rego again, Im sure there is a law against that TM
I am starting to worrie about you. first you wan't to pull out the chuckny ferret, then it about your G string and to top it off you now driving a hyundai... Next you will be asking some of the boys to go on a Camp with you... :evil_laug

11.91 @ 117mph Vid

Last edited by jabba; 29-06-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 29-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #59
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

My pet hate is, two lanes merge into one, and some people refuse to stagger the merge, they go right up the backside of the car in front to block the entry of the car in the other lane, i look out for these morons and take action, a new Monaro recently took to the grass when he tried to push me out and ended up with a 7" by 5" trailer heading across to his drivers door.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #60
347Stroker
Banned

Mine is the Fools that just refuse to stay in the left lane on the freeway here in Brissy
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post